Options

Disappointed With Jale

Comments

• Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I was referring to since last night ;-)

Even so, I thought most people were fair about her actions.
  • Options
    cardiancardian Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Jale was more intelligent she would have kept shoutgate to herself, because knowledge is power.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    *snip* So it could be that in her head the choice she has is: does she grass or does she lie?
    Thank you madam for your copypasting attentions :). However I'm not sure you've quite shown how her predicament may be described by such a victimy word. She might more accurately have said she was between a rock and a hard place, but that would have sounded sort of rugged wouldn't it. Nah, she's all "defence is the best form of attack". It makes her an interesting housemate mind, and I wouldn't want to see her go for a while, it's funny watching the likes of Pauline, Toya and Helen showing themselves up over her. Well, not really funny ha ha, but you know what I mean. If we wanted funny ha ha we're watching the wrong series, all we've got is Winston the Winner Smith for that. :roll-eyes:
  • Options
    jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think Pauline will take a lot of beating :o I guess it depends how things pan out over the rest of the week though and how this whole kerfuffle develops. We all know how the public can turn in the blink of an eye.

I have to clarify .... I don't think Jale warrants all the hatred which has erupted on the forum. I just remain disappointed and question her motives.

I would love to beat Pauline : :o

Personally I think there is a lot of over reaction. No she shouldn't have said what she said, but remember how vulnerable & isolated she is in there.

The fact that she outed Chris ( well thinks she had) & he still denied it, probably feels like an act of betrayal towards her. He was one of the very few she could trust and now she feels she can't.

It maybe illogical but when your boxed in you don't always think straight.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cardian wrote: »
    If Jale was more intelligent she would have kept shoutgate to herself, because knowledge is power.

In her mind I fear it's less power .... more throw Chris to the slaughter to take the heat off her :(
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,864
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Thank you madam for your copypasting attentions :). However I'm not sure you've quite shown how her predicament may be described by such a victimy word. She might more accurately have said she was between a rock and a hard place, but that would have sounded sort of rugged wouldn't it. Nah, she's all "defence is the best form of attack". It makes her an interesting housemate mind, and I wouldn't want to see her go for a while, it's funny watching the likes of Pauline, Toya and Helen showing themselves up over her. Well, not really funny ha ha, but you know what I mean. If we wanted funny ha ha we're watching the wrong series, all we've got is Winston the Winner Smith for that. :roll-eyes:

My pleasure. Anything for you - you know that! :D

How many times have we all struggled to retrieve the right word from our internal lexicon at precisely the moment we want it? We might come away with a weird choice or compromise such as "victimy" :p

Winston - ignorance is strength. Very prophetic! Happen you are right there.;-)
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    cardian wrote: »

Maybe she thought what is the point of a knowledge if no one knows. :D She probably felt this might endear her to the pack.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The overreactions to the power housemate from every single one of them is utterly ridiculous. It's a gameshow you dingbats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    How many times have we all struggled to retrieve the right word from our internal lexicon at precisely the moment we want it? We might come away with a weird choice or compromise such as "victimy" :p
    I spent a moment wondering if it should be double m, too. A pedant's life is not a happy one, happy one. But I reckon it's precisely because of the lack of forethought that she drew from her default section of the lexicon. It's not indefensible, but it is telling.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,864
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    I spent a moment wondering if it should be double m, too. A pedant's life is not a happy one, happy one. But I reckon it's precisely because of the lack of forethought that she drew from her default section of the lexicon. It's not indefensible, but it is telling.

I agree with that. She does have,, possibly, some quite revealing words within her immediate reach. I agree the words we pull apparently out of nowhere can be as you say telling. ( Pauline's penal system references have given me pause for thought too)

Makes me think as I have written on another thread if she has recently been through some sort of counselling process or even maybe done some basic training in counselling skills.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    BB should have protected Chris. Told Christopher and Jale that he is the housemate and offer them one week immunity not to tell anyone.
    Both of them would remain nominated so as not to tip off the others, but the public would not be able to vote for them.
    Pretty easy fix really.

BB producers need to think on their feet, but they'd probably rather have the screaming fits and arguments that would occur if the PH is unmasked, than protect him.

Perhaps they wanted to see Chris put in deep s***, and Jale lose her angel status.

To SAVE Pauline. :eek:
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    I get why you are disappointed with her and I am too but perhaps she's just being an imperfect human and got it wrong. We also have to bear in mind Chris might be following her a few times to make sure she doesn't grass him to other housemates which might feel like he's pressuring her to keep quiet. There was a scene where he followed her and Kim to the toilet, listened to them and then knocked on the door which trying to distract Jale. Hence her comment later on.

That is a fair point. After all we only see the occasional edit. For all we know Chris could be frequently reminding her to keep quiet throughout the day. We just see the edit. So I think we should bear this in mind and keep things in perspective.
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have lost all respect for her.

Does she not realise that the PH has done her a huge favour by nominating Pauline?

Pauline will go on Friday, the main instigator in the bullying, and that's all down to the PH.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hatred, I don't think so, she has been heralded a saint on here until last night.

If people have been like that then maybe yesterday wasn't such a thing for her in the long term. At least people can keep a more open mind before anybody is seen to be flawless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will take that challenge YNM.:p If I can cut and paste from another thread. I can't be arsed to write it all again! :D

Oh and for the record I am not a game player denier. I have no issue with game playing anyway.. But I do empathise with the position she was in last week having once been in it. So I am sympathetic to her but not to the extent of cannonisation.

Me too. As I said before we can't fill in the blanks as to what the full story is, as evidently there are blind spots which the edits haven't shown, such as where the 'hostage' thing came from. So we have to always be skeptical of what we are NOT shown as much as we should be of the housemates themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    The overreactions to the power housemate from every single one of them is utterly ridiculous. It's a gameshow you dingbats.

And that's what Jale herself was saying in the Diary Room only the other day - you know, when she was pretending to have a laughing fit about it all.

Now she cares. Now she has something over another housemate, she's back in the game.

Full of it, that girl.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think Pauline will take a lot of beating :o I guess it depends how things pan out over the rest of the week though and how this whole kerfuffle develops. We all know how the public can turn in the blink of an eye.

I have to clarify .... I don't think Jale warrants all the hatred which has erupted on the forum. I just remain disappointed and question her motives.
    I hope that this latest incident doesn't detract from the real villain of the house - Pauline!
    I agree about being disappointed with Jale but maybe we expected too much from her?
    It must be very hard (as it's been for Chris) to lie to your housemates and she probably felt even more isolated from the group once she knew about Chris' secret. And she's had a hell of a time feeling isolated and disliked.
    Time will tell whether she's on the level or just trying to ingratiate herself with the so-called 'cool' group by blabbing.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. As I said before we can't fill in the blanks as to what the full story is, as evidently there are blind spots which the edits haven't shown, such as where the 'hostage' thing came from. So we have to always be skeptical of what we are NOT shown as much as we should be of the housemates themselves.

There's no reason to think the "hostage" came from anything we haven't seen. It was Jale's way of expressing what she thought -- or wanted people to think she thought -- her situation was.

I agree that we should be aware that we don't see most of what happens in the house; but many have been happy to judge other HMs based only on what was in the highlights or a clip, and now what's gone around has come around to Jale.
  • Options
    HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    I get why you are disappointed with her and I am too but perhaps she's just being an imperfect human and got it wrong. We also have to bear in mind Chris might be following her a few times to make sure she doesn't grass him to other housemates which might feel like he's pressuring her to keep quiet. There was a scene where he followed her and Kim to the toilet, listened to them and then knocked on the door which trying to distract Jale. Hence her comment later on.

Wasn't Jale one of the hms under suspicion? It wasn't a wise move to make on Jale s part but i don't blame her really for telling the others, it is just too much of a juicy gossip to let go stuck in a boring house and Chris didn't help himself by following her around and snooping in on her conversation just to save his own skin. I didn't like that behaviour one bit either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to beat Pauline : :o

Personally I think there is a lot of over reaction. No she shouldn't have said what she said, but remember how vulnerable & isolated she is in there.

The fact that she outed Chris ( well thinks she had) & he still denied it, probably feels like an act of betrayal towards her. He was one of the very few she could trust and now she feels she can't.

It maybe illogical but when your boxed in you don't always think straight.

Yes I too think it was a bad call. But I also considered that she could have been more mindful of the fact that the people she believes to be closest to her, namely Danielle and Ashleigh, may speculate in conversations about who the Power HM is. And this new information would mean that she would have to lie to them when the conversation springs up again. In this respect this new information would be holding her hostage. I can understand now more than I did yesterday.

In the clip where Chris knocked on the toilet door Jale was speaking to somebody in the toilet, but she didn't reveal to her who the Power HM was even though she knew. Which means that she was forced to lie. Chris heard what was being said and appeared to knock on the door to nip the conversation in the bud just in case Jale revealed who it was. Which must have been a lot of pressure on Jale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Jale one of the hms under suspicion? It wasn't a wise move to make on Jale s part but i don't blame her really for telling the others, it is just too much of a juicy gossip to let go stuck in a boring house and Chris didn't help himself by following her around and snooping in on her conversation just to save his own skin. I didn't like that behaviour one bit either.

And I did notice that she only told the two housemates who she believes she's the closest to. Housemates who I assume occasionally speculate about who the Power HM is and who Jale would probably be forced to lie to. If she didn't tell them and they found out when it's revealed who it was, then they'd feel betrayed by Jale if they knew she had been sitting on this information all the time but didn't tell them.
    So Jale is left with a dilemma, should she be loyal to Daneille and Ashleigh? Or should she be loyal to Chris?
    Obviously we believe the correct answer is that she should be loyal to Chris. But she doesn't know that because she isn't a viewer.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I too think it was a bad call. But I also considered that she could have been more mindful of the fact that the people she believes to be closest to her, namely Danielle and Ashleigh, may speculate in conversations about who the Power HM is. And this new information would mean that she would have to lie to them when the conversation springs up again. In this respect this new information would be holding her hostage. I can understand now more than I did yesterday.

In the clip where Chris knocked on the toilet door Jale was speaking to somebody in the toilet, but she didn't reveal to her who the Power HM was even though she knew. Which means that she was forced to lie. Chris heard what was being said and appeared to knock on the door to nip the conversation in the bud just in case Jale revealed who it was. Which must have been a lot of pressure on Jale.

It does not mean she was forced to do anything; and not revealing isn't even a lie. Nor would she be lying if she didn't say "Chris" when other HMs were speculating about who the power HM is.

Also, she does not know who the power HM is. Something shouted over the wall could easily be wrong; so for all she knows, it is wrong.
  • Options
    J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    The clip on bbbots showed her having a go at Chris because of the whole bloody power housemate thing. So you didn't hear a peep out of her when Helen was being vile to her but she's happy to sound off to her supposed friend Chris for a secret he HAS to keep and is the whole point of the game. Ugh, my sympathy for her has vanished, everything she does is evidently conceited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    It does not mean she was forced to do anything; and not revealing isn't even a lie. Nor would she be lying if she didn't say "Chris" when other HMs were speculating about who the power HM is.

Also, she does not know who the power HM is. Something shouted over the wall could easily be wrong; so for all she knows, it is wrong.

Okay, technically she was not forced to lie, she could have just told her (Was it Kimberly?) that the Power HM was Chris. Look where that got her when she told the truth to Danielle and Ashleigh.

If you want to be pedantic by saying that Jale wasn't forced to lie, fine. But it's because she told the truth to two housemates which has got her in a spot of bother in the first place.
    I think most people understand when it is said that she was forced to lie.

Because the point is that if it is revealed later on that Jale had been sitting on this information all along the other housemates would have seen it as a lie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    The clip on bbbots showed her having a go at Chris because of the whole bloody power housemate thing. So you didn't hear a peep out of her when Helen was being vile to her but she's happy to sound off to her supposed friend Chris for a secret he HAS to keep and is the whole point of the game. Ugh, my sympathy for her has vanished, everything she does is evidently conceited.

Yesterday's events don't suddenly make previous events untrue.
    We saw how other housemates treated her even when she wasn't present in conversations, we saw what they said.

Just because Jale let herself down on one day doesn't suddenly erase everything that went before and make it untrue.