Options

Heather Mills - 'I've already spent my divorce settlement'

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brit1Chick wrote: »
    I agree, I like her too . I think she is very brave and I admire how she has overcome her disability and nothing seems to get her down and i think she has earned every pound she received, you couldn't pay me enough to sleep with an old pensioner like him ... * shudders *

I thought she was very plucky on DOI. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her (if I knew her) but I was impressed with her on the show.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Yes I quite remember those early Palladium performances where they were not good at all.

I was young and liked them a lot and had to go through so much flak from my older siblings because they were so off key.

It was embarrasing at times but as I liked John Lennon, I stuck up for them. It didnt put me off but also it made me realise that even the Beatles were not so good as some people make out.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I dont think Paul is a good singer

LMFAO :D:D

One born every minute...

Obviously some would disagree with you. But the real test is - who do you think is a better singer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Shirley Bassey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather Mills is a narcissistic fantasist. You can't trust her and you can't believe a single word she ever says.

Before she became famous she probably thought she was being extremely clever in her manipulations. Now that every part of her life is open to scrutiny it's "game up". She'll never change but at least everyone knows what she is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The benchmark of a talent like Paul McCartney is whether he would now make the X factor final?? A songwriter and musician of unequal status in this country being compared to the likes of Lewis, Burke et al?
    Why is this forum so ageist and dismissive of Paul for doing what everyone around here will do eventually, age??

Beatrice McCartney will never want for anything and Paul has shown himself to be nothing but a loving Dad.
    No marriage is perfect and I'm sure Linda and Paul hit a few bumpy patches along the way but they sure did love each other. He was desperate with grief after her death..
    So Heather has spent her millions?? Don't trust a word she says..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Yes, Heather already spent her goodwill long ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lisalou7 wrote: »
    The benchmark of a talent like Paul McCartney is whether he would now make the X factor final?? A songwriter and musician of unequal status in this country being compared to the likes of Lewis, Burke et al?
    Why is this forum so ageist and dismissive of Paul for doing what everyone around here will do eventually, age??

Beatrice McCartney will never want for anything and Paul has shown himself to be nothing but a loving Dad.
    No marriage is perfect and I'm sure Linda and Paul hit a few bumpy patches along the way but they sure did love each other. He was desperate with grief after her death..
    So Heather has spent her millions?? Don't trust a word she says..:rolleyes:

Please read what I wrote

His vocal talent would not get him on an X Factor final, he has never been a good singer but his songs were the best.

I have said his talent for songwriting is not questioned.

Age has little to do with it
  • Options
    dizzyrascaldizzyrascal Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    You dont think he offered that sum of money from the bottom of his heart do you?

Dragged into court for it, his private life on show, just so he didnt have to give her any more than necessary.

I dislike the pair of them but the man does have the reputation of a tightwad and given it by his own daughter.

I totally agree with this. He has more money than anyone could ever spend but had to be dragged into Court to hand over about 3% of his wealth.
    He is totally up himself and the press treat him like a saint so that if you are not with him you must be vilified by them. He ain't all that!!
    I am not her biggest fan either but the press treated her very badly through the divorce- a bad time for anyone. I have been through a messy divorce and it is no picnic even when kept private.
    He claimed to have fallen in love with her because of her charity work and nobody forced him to do anything, he was old enough to know his own mind after all?
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with this. He has more money than anyone could ever spend but had to be dragged into Court to hand over about 3% of his wealth.
    He is totally up himself and the press treat him like a saint so that if you are not with him you must be vilified by them. He ain't all that!!
    I am not her biggest fan either but the press treated her very badly through the divorce- a bad time for anyone. I have been through a messy divorce and it is no picnic even when kept private.
    He claimed to have fallen in love with her because of her charity work and nobody forced him to do anything, he was old enough to know his own mind after all?

I met Heather Mills some years ago when she was working as a presenter at the hospital where I work.

She was very compassionate and caring, especially with children, and always had a smile and spoke to people, unlike some of the other presenters who were up themselves.

She's obviously not perfect, but not as black as painted either.

She should never have married a saint, that's the problem.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It does not mean you are entitled to his money just because he has so much of it.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I met Heather Mills some years ago when she was working as a presenter at the hospital where I work.

She was very compassionate and caring, especially with children, and always had a smile and spoke to people, unlike some of the other presenters who were up themselves.

She's obviously not perfect, but not as black as painted either.

She should never have married a saint, that's the problem.

Imo everything she does has an agenda, so there was probably a reason behind her nice persona on that occasion. She's one of those people who can show a pleasant side but in her case it doesn't mean it's genuine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF? Are her false legs solid gold and jewel encrusted? No sugar daddy will take that spending beast on. She hasn't even got a nice personality and the looks are going.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people dislike her so much (even hate her), all we know is what we read in the tabloids. She may have done some stupid things in her life and has been caught out lying, but she is human afterall and no one deserves so much hate.
    Give her a break, it's not as if she's killed anyone.
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand the hate towards this woman. She invested in property for her childs future, donated to charity and invested...its not like she went out and bought a few cars or spends her day going from shop to shop to shop. I think her child is more than secure and well looked after. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    I dont understand the hate towards this woman. She invested in property for her childs future, donated to charity and invested...its not like she went out and bought a few cars or spends her day going from shop to shop to shop. I think her child is more than secure and well looked after. :)

I don't get it either. If people dislike her so much then why do they love talking about her?
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyLou wrote: »
    I don't get it either. If people dislike her so much then why do they love talking about her?

Because people love to bitch about celebrities as if its their god given right ;)

Seriously though, as you said...its not like shes murdered someone. Im pretty sure she looks after her child...its not as if Paul would let the care of the child suffer either way.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her track record of giving to charities is extremely suspect indeed. She claims over the years to have made substantial charity donations but her tax returns show a different story. The donations are either non-existant or much less than she claims. There is a link earlier in this thread regarding these claims. As is there a link to the judge's comments!

Beatrice will undoubtedly benefit from her fathers estate when he pops his clogs......Beatrice's future will be absolutely secure and there is no need for Heather to buy properties for her daughter.

McCartney is very cautious with his money and seems to have brought up his children to realise that money is not going to be thrown at them just because he is rich (unlike other celebs who kit out there offspring in thousands of pounds of designer gear,etc.).

However he has always supported all of his children and there is no reason to suspect that this will not be the case with Beatrice especially as he has a good relationship with her, and she is often in his care. However, whatever provisions are made for Beartrice in his Will, they will probably be tied up in a trust Fund until she reaches a certain age......that is normal when a large amount of money is involved in oreder to protect the inheritance.

Heather has proved over the years, to manipulate and fabricate her situation....it the old Me Me Me story. Given her track record, I do not believe a word about her charity donations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please read what I wrote

His vocal talent would not get him on an X Factor final, he has never been a good singer but his songs were the best.

I have said his talent for songwriting is not questioned.

Age has little to do with it

Paul has more talent in his little finger than any X factor finalist, will have in their whole existence..:rolleyes:I'll wait with baited breath for Leona's 'Let it Be' or Alexandra's 'Maybe I'm Amazed'. Hear his vocal talents on Oh Darling, Blackbird or even lately songs like Mr Bellamy or House of Wax. Composed and played almost entirely by himself. :) His vocal talents might not be your cup of tea but has brought pleasure to millions..And this forum is ageist, always going on about his appearance.
    You don't like Paul and that's ok, your opinion of course. I don't like Heather, my opinion, though there is no need for the vitriol. Anyone who moans to friends about sleeping with an old person and about how boring her life was with him and tries to besmirch an almost thirty year marriage isn't kind or compassionate. She might be when the cameras are on her or when a reporter is around, but that's a different story, isn't it?..
    As for the money, the court papers were clear. She was just asking for too much. 125 million!! Allowances for things she didn't even need, wine and horses etc. Just because your other half is worth a fortune, doesn't mean you are entitled to the world, especially when she was only with him for 4 years.
    The main thing is Beatrice is well cared for and loved, which I'm sure is apparant.
    Perhaps if Heather was a bit more discreet and actually did what she says she is going to do, people might warm to her a bit more?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Imo everything she does has an agenda, so there was probably a reason behind her nice persona on that occasion. She's one of those people who can show a pleasant side but in her case it doesn't mean it's genuine.

*sociopath cough cough*

That BS she wrote about her and her childhood friend and the paedo case was as low as you can get.....she was interviewed on some documentary but cant recall the title.

And what planet is this "the press thinks macca is a saint from?

I always see him pictured as a bit of a recluse and a misery guts in the press...prob cos he lives a quiet life and has no need for all the celeb starry BS..

I lol-ed at the X Factor comments though.....has the world gone totally mad? - is the country gonna be turned into a nation of Cowell worshiping drones?
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    A journalist called Heather Mills claimed this Heather Mills (the one people love to hate!) impersonated her:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article609895.ece

“She pretended to be me for over a year,” the journalist wrote in The Mail on Sunday.

“She has been accused of being a mad fantasist. Certainly posing as me for such a long time adds a new dimension to her controversial and colourful career.

“She posed as me not only to her friends but in a series of meetings with TV executives. She even showed people cuttings of stories I had written.”

Heather Mills - the one that used to be married to Paul McCartney - never took legal action against this Heather Mills so I assume this story is true. I'm sure she would have sued the other Heather Mills for defamation of character if she could prove she hadn't impersonated her. Also, if this is true, it says a lot about Miss Mills and her state of mind! She is said to be a fantasist and I do recall the judge in her divorce case said she was a liar (or words to that effect):

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3034844

I wouldn't believe anything she says, even what she says about her charity work! She's one leg short of sanity, I reckon. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worpler wrote: »
    *sociopath cough cough*

That BS she wrote about her and her childhood friend and the paedo case was as low as you can get.....she was interviewed on some documentary but cant recall the title.

And what planet is this "the press thinks macca is a saint from?

I always see him pictured as a bit of a recluse and a misery guts in the press...prob cos he lives a quiet life and has no need for all the celeb starry BS..

I lol-ed at the X Factor comments though.....has the world gone totally mad? - is the country gonna be turned into a nation of Cowell worshiping drones?

There was a good one on house season 6 episode 11(may not of been on UK yet), the woman in it reminded me so much of Heather.

I don't think she has any empathy to a clinically measurable level.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    I don't get why people dislike her so much (even hate her), all we know is what we read in the tabloids. She may have done some stupid things in her life and has been caught out lying, but she is human afterall and no one deserves so much hate.
    Give her a break, it's not as if she's killed anyone.

Where has it been said on here that people 'hate' her? She may well not have 'killed anyone', but she has ruined the lives of many people on her way to fame (or should that be infamy) - her ex husband Alfie, her school friend (who has actually posted on here in the past) whose kidnap story she stole, and to whom she had to pay an out of court settlement, the fiancé she dumped for Paul McCartney, and who she accused of being in MI5 and because of that trying to wreck her landmine work.......I could go on. If she believes these stories to be untrue, why hasn't she sued?

She says she has given to charity. Just like she said she gave 80% of her earnings to charity at her divorce hearing. That was found to be a fabrication as there were no records to prove it. She said she's invested in property 'for my child's future', her child is well looked after - McCartney is providing for the child at a rate of 35 grand a year and possibly more. What more does she want?

Because she's a 'celebrity', is relevant to the Showbiz forum, and because there's nothing to say anyone can't perhaps? ;) If she wants to stop people and the press being horrid to her, perhaps a retirement from public life would be best?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lisalou7 wrote: »
    Paul has more talent in his little finger than any X factor finalist, will have in their whole existence..:rolleyes:I'll wait with baited breath for Leona's 'Let it Be' or Alexandra's 'Maybe I'm Amazed'. Hear his vocal talents on Oh Darling, Blackbird or even lately songs like Mr Bellamy or House of Wax. Composed and played almost entirely by himself. :) His vocal talents might not be your cup of tea but has brought pleasure to millions..And this forum is ageist, always going on about his appearance.
    You don't like Paul and that's ok, your opinion of course. I don't like Heather, my opinion, though there is no need for the vitriol. Anyone who moans to friends about sleeping with an old person and about how boring her life was with him and tries to besmirch an almost thirty year marriage isn't kind or compassionate. She might be when the cameras are on her or when a reporter is around, but that's a different story, isn't it?..
    As for the money, the court papers were clear. She was just asking for too much. 125 million!! Allowances for things she didn't even need, wine and horses etc. Just because your other half is worth a fortune, doesn't mean you are entitled to the world, especially when she was only with him for 4 years.
    The main thing is Beatrice is well cared for and loved, which I'm sure is apparant.
    Perhaps if Heather was a bit more discreet and actually did what she says she is going to do, people might warm to her a bit more?

What vitriol?

I would rather hear others sing Pauls songs than him, anyday

I bet Leona or Alexandra would sing beautiful renditions of his songs, be honest, he passed his best yonks ago and was never that good.

My honest opinion, let it be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What vitriol?

I would rather hear others sing Pauls songs than him, anyday

I bet Leona or Alexandra would sing beautiful renditions of his songs, be honest, he passed his best yonks ago and was never that good.

My honest opinion, let it be.

I shudder in horror at Leona or Alexandra covering a McCartney song. Yeurggh!!;)
    No in my opinion (and others) his best work for many years has been his latest with albums like Chaos and Creation, Memory Almost Full and Electric Arguments. EA was full of critically acclaimed stuff and his recent single I Want to Come Home was nominated for a Golden Globe.
    Anyway as you say Let it Be. If you would prefer to sit and listen to Leona Lewis and me Macca, that's what makes the world go round..;)