Options

Ladies - do you think I could be dateable?

SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And if not what do you think I might need to do to change your mind? I've recently started working which I haven't for a long time and which I long considered a hindrance to my dating prospects. In all honesty I don't really have any desire as such any more but I do feel lonely and would benefit from some more company. Having had my day off today I had no idea what to do with it and just ended up walking around town for a few hours. I then came home and have spent the rest of the day online. I've recently got into Star Wars again and all the crazy speculation about the plot for the new movie. Otherwise I'm listening to music. Whatever enhances my mood.

Comments

• Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I'm sure you're not undateable. Do you go out socially at all though? Now you're working, take up any invitations to works nights out, so that you meet people, make friends with both men and women, broaden your horizons, join in with some activities that interest you.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find that discovering a special talent for earning money means you don't have to work at dating anymore
    *parp*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there are plenty of single women in your area just waiting for you on most webpages you visit.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is dateable, just a matter of finding the right match :)
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    To be honest, why not just start by looking for some friends rather than a partner? Then let things move from there. I met my wife through friends - I wasn't looking for a relationship at all, but one found me. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    To be honest, why not just start by looking for some friends rather than a partner? Then let things move from there. I met my wife through friends - I wasn't looking for a relationship at all, but one found me. :)

I have a friend I see about once a month but I think you're right that the two go hand in hand. Having lost the desire for dating I've also lost the desire to meet new friends. It may be a medication thing. I just don't think I click with many people though.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I have a friend I see about once a month but I think you're right that the two go hand in hand. Having lost the desire for dating I've also lost the desire to meet new friends. It may be a medication thing. I just don't think I click with many people though.

I understand - maybe join a group with an interest you share?
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can recommend a local walking or reading group. The walk is usually countryside and ends in a pub and the reading group ends in a coffee shop. Both groups accommodate the quiet and the chatty so good confidence boosters and not socially challenging.
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great tips in this short clip if you want to impress a woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0-ZCb0nr4
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if not what do you think I might need to do to change your mind? I've recently started working which I haven't for a long time and which I long considered a hindrance to my dating prospects. In all honesty I don't really have any desire as such any more but I do feel lonely and would benefit from some more company. Having had my day off today I had no idea what to do with it and just ended up walking around town for a few hours. I then came home and have spent the rest of the day online. I've recently got into Star Wars again and all the crazy speculation about the plot for the new movie. Otherwise I'm listening to music. Whatever enhances my mood.

I'm not a *lady, but I'd say that the chances of you getting a date at the moment are negligible. You would come across as too desperate, and women run a mile from that. You don't even have to say anything - the vibes coming from you would be enough.

As soon as your interest starts to wane, or you become pre-occupied with another interest, they will find you.

* not even a gent, just a common bloke ^_^
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I've recently got into Star Wars again ...
    If this doesn't attract the ladies, then I don't know what will.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are plenty of single women in your area just waiting for you on most webpages you visit.

Ha ha :)
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »

Well, it will if they like Star Wars.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,250
    Forum Member
    When I was not working I was told that women don't want to date someone who is unemployed, when I was working I was told it doesn't matter if you are employed or not but you must have a good sense of humour. Well I enjoy cheering people up and making them smile so I said what else do I need. I was told I need to have time to take them out and be there for them, cook them a meal, give them foot massage. Well after work I'm pretty much beat so I'm waiting to be unemployed again to have some spare energy.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »

to be fair I think most women I know know that all the men they know love Star Wars
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    to be fair I think most women I know know that all the men they know love Star Wars

Yeah okay, perhaps I'm withdrawing back into my childhood a bit. However I struggle to muster much enthusiasm for anything. I don't know why because I haven't given it much thought for the last 10 years but I've being engaging wth Star Wars again. There's a new movie coming up and plenty to speculate about. I spent much of my day yesterday wandering about not knowing what to do. I think today I might go and buy a crossword puzzle book and sit in a quiet cafe if I can find one.
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I struggle to muster much enthusiasm for anything.

Whatever you do, don't put that on any potential dating website profile.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    Don't worry about the Star Wars thing. It's ok to have interests which you don't share with a partner.
    I think it's more important to look and feel happy. Casual confidence is more appealing than the "man on the prowl" vibe or the "I really want a girlfriend" vibe. That doesn't mean make no effort. Get yourself out there and put yourself into situations where you're more likely to interact with new people.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if not what do you think I might need to do to change your mind? I've recently started working which I haven't for a long time and which I long considered a hindrance to my dating prospects. In all honesty I don't really have any desire as such any more but I do feel lonely and would benefit from some more company.

I think everyone can be 'dateable'. But just make sure you aren't coming across as desperate and that you're only interested because you don't want to feel lonely.

As women will, quite rightly, run a mile if they sense that.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is pointless without a picture.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,905
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    This thread is pointless without a picture.
    Why? :confused:
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be thinking of someone else, and if so I apologise. But haven't you posted many times about how much money and property you have? I think that sort of thing makes any man attractive.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    If you really have lost your desire for dating, then why are you wanting to date? Women will know if you are half-hearted and nobody wants to go out with someone who isn't willing to put any effort into it. It sounds like you would be better off trying to broaden your social circle rather than look for a partner.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are really a 'Sir' that might impress the ladies ;-)