Options

What was your first reaction to hearing Lucie's name?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought "Simon I liked you, and no matter the pantomine respected you".

No more.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was similar to the reaction I had when the announced Leon was the winner over Rhydian - and that was a simple "oh, well that made the whole show a little pointless now, didn't it."

Not anger or rage or anything like that. Just a feeling that I'd been completely wasting my Saturdays watching this show. Why bother wasting your time for such a monumental anti-climax?
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter joy. :D
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    After I finished jumping and cheering, I burst out laughing...

Exactly this.

So happy, excited, relieved!
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    As soon as Simon took it to deadlock i knew Lucie would be going. I'm sure Simon knows who has the least votes and he knew J&E would stay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    I put £2 on her being in the bottom two and I won £12 so I didn't mind at all :D .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    Sheer & utter shock, followed by glee :D

SNAP i thought my boys were a gonna
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF7qLzt1aZw

^ Which one of you was this?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote: »
    When Simon sent it to deadlock I knew it was going to be tense...it felt like an England penalty shoot-out in the World Cup...I could barely look at the screen...and then bam...Lucie's name is called...a wave of euphoria hit me instantly...

I jumped up from my living room chair and punched the air...I danced around the living room without a care in the world...it was such an incredible feeling...John and Edward survived against all the odds...

How did you first react?...

Same reaction here had the neighbours banging on the wall because of my screams of joy
  • Options
    shrinkyshrinky Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    :DAmazed but thrilled
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,265
    Forum Member
    When Simon sent it to deadlock I knew it was going to be tense...it felt like an England penalty shoot-out in the World Cup...I could barely look at the screen...and then bam...Lucie's name is called...a wave of euphoria hit me instantly...

I jumped up from my living room chair and punched the air...I danced around the living room without a care in the world...it was such an incredible feeling...John and Edward survived against all the odds...

I did the same. I've got nothing against Lucie, she's a really nice girl and acted brilliantly without any bitterness towards John and Edward. It's just that John and Edward bring something different to the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just laughed, it was hilarious :D Poor Lucie, yeah, she didn't deserve it, but even so - hilarious!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    A word to John and Edward supporters (I personally don't care). You do realise, don't you, that you're being totally manipulated by SC? He knows who you are, where you live, and what you do. He knows how to push your buttons, to make you vote and make him lots of money. He knows that John and Edward might win, and he doesn't care either way, because he's making shitloads of money out of YOU. They won't make him much money on a record contract, because you, their supporters, will tire of them as soon as you don't see them every week, but it doesn't matter, because John and Edward are completely dispensible, and SC is very, very rich - at your expense.

Wise up everyone. Don't vote.

Susie i'll vote if i want i dont care if im making simon millions .....i love john and edward they brighten up a dull november evening they make me smile and they are lovely and the booers are just pathetic
  • Options
    Live to laughLive to laugh Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did an embarrassing little clap and bounce in my seat while laughing.
    I was so happy that she'd gone and that Jedward were safe :D
    I was scared that J&E would go!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love the comparison, even though I'm sad Lucie went.

oathy wrote: »
    soon as it went to deadlock I knew she was gone (so did she thats when the tears formed).
    I think she expected Cowell to just go with the others.

what baffled me..last night he gave her high praise tonight he wasnt shocked?? so is he just making this up and does that go for his own acts?

the guys sung very well

Ive voted for Luce all the time since the start with Rachel..but deep down my only problem with her she seemed Guarded with the audience.

TBH I hope Louis just goes all out now and gets them the winners of the show Cowell cant keep thinking he knows where and when an Act should leave the show.

yeah, you just knew she was a gonner. Jedward's cult following were bound to keep them from rock bottom
  • Options
    TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very happy, as I had put money on Lucie to go at 20/1. I did think that she did deserve to be in the final 3 on merit of talent, but my first reaction? Utter glee. I've got £100.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    What was your first reaction to hearing Lucie's name?

WTF is going on?:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    TheBlueOne wrote: »
    I was very happy, as I had put money on Lucie to go at 20/1. I did think that she did deserve to be in the final 3 on merit of talent, but my first reaction? Utter glee. I've got £100.

Nice work. Beats my £12 :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sparc wrote: »
    :D:D:D

that is funny the youtube video
  • Options
    Morgan66Morgan66 Posts: 1,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew as soon as Jedward started performing that Simon was going to try and keep them in. He started grinning as if he thought they were so entertaining, probably paving the way to defending his decision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total farce

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF7qLzt1aZw

^ Which one of you was this?

"That's it - I'm never watching it again"

She just HAS to be a poster here with that comment! :D
  • Options
    Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tears finally stopped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was delighted.

John and Edward had looked so crestfallen, thinking they didn't stand a chance against Lucie, and I was so pleased for them.

I don't want them to win - Joe's my favourite, followed by Jamie - but I do want them to stay in a bit longer. They're unpretentious, they don't whine, they're just themselves, they know who they are, and what you see is what you get - more than can be said for a number of contestants.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Disbelief