Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    naveennaveen Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interview with Colin Lewin about the injury situation at the club this season

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/lewin-the-reasons-for-our-injury-levels
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    naveen wrote: »
    Interview with Colin Lewin about the injury situation at the club this season

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/lewin-the-reasons-for-our-injury-levels

Great, everyone comes back just in time to play International Football for the summer before no doubt suffering season ending injuries before the poxy season even begins.:mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Tony Adams at Paddington Station today and shook his hand.

Legend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate texted me a few weeks ago saying that he was trimming David Seaman's hedges, and that he came out and had a nice conversation with him about fishing and cabbages. And that he's a top bloke, which is something because my mate's a Spurs fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A quick-witted mate of mine was doing some building work at the spuds training ground a few years back when the ball came flying over from the training pitch.

Teddy Sheringham came to the side of the pitch and shouted for the builders to pass the ball back. My mate ran at it and booted it with his timberlands and it flew off in the wrong direction. Sheringham stood with his hands on his hips, shaking his head and said, "F***in hell."

My mate shouted back, "Yeah - but I'd still get in your f****n team."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Van Persie, Gibbs and Djourou's returns are imminent.
    Robin van Persie is on course to play some part in Arsenal's Premier League title run-in after the club's physiotherapist, Colin Lewin, said he would return to full training immediately.

"Johan has made virtually a full recovery and we expect him to train fully with the squad within the next fortnight, as will Kieran," Lewin said. "They have both made full recoveries from what could have been career-threatening injuries. Robin will be joining the squad for full training immediately. That is a big boost for the club and to see Johan and Kieran training with the team in the next fortnight will give everyone a big lift. Cesc is doing well. He is likely to be out for the rest of the season but, if everything goes well, he will comfortably make the World Cup."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/robin-van-persie-arsenal-premier-league
  • Options
    Faxy FowlerFaxy Fowler Posts: 17,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Lewin reckons Aaron Ramsey could be ready to play early autumn.

Which is great news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Lewin reckons Aaron Ramsey could be ready to play early autumn.

Which is great news.

Indeed it is, now we have to hope that he makes a full recovery and fulfills his promise to become a great player. One look at Eduardo these days tells me that isn't certain by any means.:(
  • Options
    Faxy FowlerFaxy Fowler Posts: 17,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he does do exactly that. He is a player I would pay to watch.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Carlos Vela missed the Barcelona game because he couldn't find his passport.
    How professional of him:rolleyes:
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08042010/58/champions-league-vela-forgot-passport-barcelona-trip.html.

Nice to see we are raising the bar with our injuries still further by doubling up now: Song is out with two different injuries and Arshavin misses the rest of the season as he has torn TWO muscles.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    That's a shame :(
    Couldn't find his passport? Ha ha! :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully we'll have van Persie starting the derby :D
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    A heads up for any Gooners staying in tonight, Andrey Arshavin is on A Question Of Sport tonight. Should be amusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think I'll record that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CarlosVela wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll have van Persie starting the derby :D

That simply isn't going to happen. A player who has missed 6 months worth of football ( again) isn't going to starting games for sometime. He might be on the bench as a token gesture but no more than that.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08042010/58/champions-league-vela-forgot-passport-barcelona-trip.html.

Nice to see we are raising the bar with our injuries still further by doubling up now: Song is out with two different injuries and Arshavin misses the rest of the season as he has torn TWO muscles.

I'm pretty sure I saw him on the bench while watching the game :confused:
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    That simply isn't going to happen. A player who has missed 6 months worth of football ( again) isn't going to starting games for sometime. He might be on the bench as a token gesture but no more than that.

Way to kick a man when he's down Tel :( lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Clubs used to hold onto players' passports for this reason.

Why has that stopped?
  • Options
    wsmansemwsmansem Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfman13 wrote: »
    Wilshire actually came through your youth team didn't he?

Jack Wilshire is my tip for the top .!

A mixture of Liam Brady and Lionel Messi :)

I'd have him in the World Cup squad to be honest .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wsmansem wrote: »
    Jack Wilshire is my tip for the top .!

A mixture of Liam Brady and Lionel Messi :)

I'd have him in the World Cup squad to be honest .

If he was ready for the World Cup he wouldn't be on loan at Bolton.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he was ready for the World Cup he wouldn't be on loan at Bolton.

He would be a damn sight more useful than Walcott was , 4 years ago .

Just because he can't get into the Arsenal team doesn't mean he isn't good enough for England !!

:)

Come on you gunners !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bugger, I forgot to record QoS :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would be a damn sight more useful than Walcott was , 4 years ago .

Just because he can't get into the Arsenal team doesn't mean he isn't good enough for England !!

:)

Come on you gunners !

Wilshere isn't good enough to play for England anymore than Theo was 4 years ago or this year come to think of it.

Dunno about you lot but I'm quite looking forward to not watching any football at all this weekend and trying to enjoy the sun.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Wilshere isn't good enough to play for England anymore than Theo was 4 years ago or this year come to think of it.

Dunno about you lot but I'm quite looking forward to not watching any football at all this weekend and trying to enjoy the sun.:)

Are you not watching Real Madrid v FC Barcelona ??

Sky Sports 1 (HD) 9 pm !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you not watching Real Madrid v FC Barcelona ??

Sky Sports 1 (HD) 9 pm !!!

And then of course there'll be Fat Sam and his team busting a gut to beat his best mate Fergie tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.