Options

Alright, I've heard enough, get BULLY Cotton off Corrie

2»

Comments

• Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its' more than likely banter between them you should see the stuff me and my friends write to eachother on facebook.

In regards tohis character he is a REALISTIC portrayal of SOME gay men.

It really frustrates me when so many gay posters kick off if theres a bitchy campgay person on TV. I'm sorry but I came out 14 years ago and I come across more Anthony Cottons than Aaron Liveslys and half the people who post in forums do nothing but make snide and bitchy remarks to other posters.

As far as soap actors alot of them aren't playing that different to themselves on screen thats why they get the part.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll soon know whether it was serious or not ...................... Kym Marsh will be poking her oar in if it was!!
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll soon know whether it was serious or not ...................... Kym Marsh will be poking her oar in if it was!!

GOD I wish she was in Eastenders. BBC would've been off with her head long ago.
  • Options
    dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like him ,Hope he reads this thread and decides to leave.
  • Options
    MissyAnnMissyAnn Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    He played Jesse the children's entertainer (General Custard)who got together with Eileen for bit.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daleman wrote: »

Wishful thinking that daleman, he has skin like a rhino.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,993
    Forum Member
    daleman wrote: »

More like he'll have a "tanty" (as Dreary once accused Amy Barlow of having) and just slag us off instead :D
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More like he'll have a "tanty" (as Dreary once accused Amy Barlow of having) and just slag us off instead :D

Doesn't he have form for this already?
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member

Well he'd be entitled to...people on here are doing nothing but slag HIM off?

I'm by no means a fan but some of these double standards are making me cringe
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Get rid - I'm loving Marcus and Eileen living together and find their scenes far more believable and intimate. Unfortunately I think Dame Tully (I wrote that thinking it was his real name!!!!) has some dirt on Tony Warren or something and has something written into contract

I've always suspected something similar to be honest. I can't understand why else such an appalling actor and unpleasant person has lasted so long in the show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calm down!
    I'm not Cotton's biggest fan but even I can see this is just a little bit of banter. Are you saying you've never had a joke with mates at work? I know someone very like 'Sean Tully' and I feel that Cotton's representation of a gay character is very realistic as well as being entertaining at the same time. For everyone saying he thinks he's 'untouchable' because of his friendship with Phil Collison that's out of order. If Cotton does anything unprofessional or silly I'm certain Collison would be completely professional and take the appropriate action. At the end of the day if ITV don't like Cotton's behavior he will be sacked whether or not he is friends with Collison.
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    as a gay man i feel ashamed every time i hear Anthony's "opinions" and when i see him "acting" as Sean, he makes us all look bad.
    as a gay man i agree with everything you sait:mad:
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a tw** he is!
    What's the betting Jack and Ryan get in more trouble. It certainly looks like the 'corrie source' is on Antonys' side.

Ryan and Jack both have children to support with their jobs on Corrie, so they have to watch their step when it comes to the queen...
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    Its' more than likely banter between them you should see the stuff me and my friends write to eachother on facebook.

In regards tohis character he is a REALISTIC portrayal of SOME gay men.

It really frustrates me when so many gay posters kick off if theres a bitchy campgay person on TV. I'm sorry but I came out 14 years ago and I come across more Anthony Cottons than Aaron Liveslys and half the people who post in forums do nothing but make snide and bitchy remarks to other posters.

As far as soap actors alot of them aren't playing that different to themselves on screen thats why they get the part.

I agree and I see your point I'm just thinking that even though it would be realistic I wouldn't like to see a lesbian character on Corrie who was a butch Bertha was tired old Alex Park spikey hairdo and wardrobe that consisted entirely of jeans and black t-shirt. Of course there are lesbians like this, hell I know lesbians like this. But tv should offer me some light relief for the drudgery of life - so expect tv lesbians to be easier on the eye. Fortunately, due to shallow hetrosexual men I shall never need to worry too much about lots of unattractive butch lesbians being on tv (okay there is Ali on ED but well we can't have everything).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That isn't banter. It is three bitches going at it.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a hard life being a camp gay chap in soap:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't stand the guy, never have - he ruins Corrie for me - but I thought I was alone in my utter dislike of him until I joined this forum.

It would be interesting if somebody got up an online petition for his removal from Corrie, to see how many actually signed it.

I honestly think the PTB at Corrie truly believe he's incredibly popular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #FireAntonyCotton starting to trend on Twitter. Seems as good a way as any to get the message across that this one trick pony doesn't deserve his job.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Ryan and Jack both have children to support with their jobs on Corrie, so they have to watch their step when it comes to the queen...

Ha well thats something he wont ever have to worry about, he cant even stop himself turning into an egghead. He should never of been allowed on Corrie, plenty of great actors out there and they give a role to someone that isnt even acting and just playing himself and takes home a nice fat pay cheque at the end of the month, he doesnt deserve the s*** off my shoe.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSB1980 wrote: »
    #FireAntonyCotton starting to trend on Twitter. Seems as good a way as any to get the message across that this one trick pony doesn't deserve his job.

Really?! Haha blimey. They can't ignore that.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Ha well thats something he wont ever have to worry about, he cant even stop himself turning into an egghead. He should never of been allowed on Corrie, plenty of great actors out there and they give a role to someone that isnt even acting and just playing himself and takes home a nice fat pay cheque at the end of the month, he doesnt deserve the s*** off my shoe.

He has also been outdone by Christian and Syed and now Ben when it comes to gay characters. Eastenders have shown that gay men are not a stereotype, they have varied characters. Anthony is so arrogant. Whatever you think David Platt, Jack P Shepard has played him very, very well from a very young age and made the transformation of turning David from a boy into a man an interesting one.
    Jack P Shepard has not tried to be a big celebrity, he generally keeps his head down and gets on with his job.

The only good parts of Sean's character is his son Dylan
    and his relationship with Eileen.
  • Options
    habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hollyoaks have and always have had the best representation of gay, bi and lesbian characters. I hate everything about cotton and the character he plays but i would LOVE to know the dirt he has on his bosses!
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Marcus is a gay character and he's far more interesting and not as one dimensional as Sean. His speech to Jason last week about how he was acting towards Eileen about Paul was very well done and I like Marcus with Eileen it's a good on screen chemistry as friends that they've got there! Proof that Corrie acknowledge that not all gay men are like Sean!

On subject of this twitter thing i think it's all banter that's been taken out of context as others have said it's very easy to read text and interpret a completely different meaning than what the writer was intending it to mean!