Options

'British' teenagers apparently see Islamic State scum as "pop idols"

Comments

• Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    I don't think that's all I said though is it. Speaking of obfuscation. You did a fairly good job of misquoting me. But don't let that stop you as it's fairly standard here.

oh there was more , rubbish about cheeseburgers and oreos and fake tits .

and I didn't misquote you .
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh there was more , rubbish about cheeseburgers and oreos and fake tits .

and I didn't misquote you .

No you just underquoted me.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except they aren't hyper devout. I'm not sure why you keep apologizing for them.

Can you give me the name of one credible scholar who thinks they are devout?

If they were devout, surely one credible scholar would know about it?

Clue you aren't devout: no credible scholar will touch you with a ten foot pole.

ah , he's got a new chant .

credible according to who ?

• Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you're right, and the zealots screaming "Allah Akbar" as they blow themselves up in crowded marketplaces don't actually believe they're going to be magically transported into the Islamic heaven surrounded by subservient virgin girls, and are merely doing it for the kicks.

And the Nutella.
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except they aren't hyper devout.

To be honest, I don't even know how to respond to someone who believes the Islamic State doesn't consider itself Islamic. I can only assume you are living in a parallel universe, and occasionally pop into our reality to post within this thread.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I don't even know how to respond to someone who believes the Islamic State doesn't consider itself Islamic. I can only assume you are living in a parallel universe, and occasionally pop into our reality to post within this thread.

In Bollyworld there is only the fluffy bunny, Care Bear version of Islam. Those of us who live on planet earth realise there is not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If they consider themselves strongly Islamic, why would they purposefully recruit the less religious?'

Your viewpoint might have been accepted a year ago, but now that it has been pointed out many times that they are a political group, people aren't as gullible as some are being.

The choices are, they are either delusional or liars. I go with liars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Bollyworld there is only the fluffy bunny, Care Bear version of Islam. Those of us who live on planet earth realise there is not.

That's just bunk. I never said any religion was peaceful, let alone Islam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If they consider themselves strongly Islamic, why would they purposefully recruit the less religious?'

Your viewpoint might have been accepted a year ago, but now that it has been pointed out many times that they are a political group, people aren't as gullible as some are being.
    Islamic scholar al-Wahhab.
    "It is reported from Jundub (ra ) in a marfoo' 5 form: "The punishment for the magician is that he be struck (i.e. beheaded) by the sword"

That the Hadith proves that the punishment for sorcery is beheading, which shows that it is forbidden.

Can you tell us why it is unIslamic to behead someone for sorcery
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you tell us why it is unIslamic to behead some for sorcery

Possibly for the same reason that Pulgrims drowned witches?

And it wasn't such a good idea then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Possibly for the same reason that Pulgrims drowned witches?

The Islamic scholar al-Wahhab confirmed the punishment for sorcery is beheading as per hadith.

Why it not Islamic ?

No use dodging the question with deflection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Islamic scholar al-Wahhab confirmed the punishment for sorcery is beheading as per hadith.

Why it not Islamic ?

No use dodging the question with deflection.

You answer it. This isn't s quiz show lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You answer it. This isn't s quiz show lol.

As you claim beheading for magic as IS are doing is unIslamic then you have to explain to us why.

The hadith states the penalty for sorcery is beheading, this is confirmed by al-Wahhab.

Do you want want explain why it's unIslamic ?

Have some keys stopped working on your keyboard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I'm busy. You answer.
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you claim beheading for magic as IS are doing is unIslamic then you have to explain to us why.

The hadith states the penalty for sorcery is beheading, this is confirmed by al-Wahhab.

Have some keys stopped working on your keyboard.

I'll attempt to answer on Bolly's behalf.

Anything or anyone that paints Islam in a bad light is automatically not Islamic, even if it's actual scripture. Anything that paints Islam in a good light is Islamic.

Hope that helps to clear things up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No I'm busy. You answer.

No. You just refuse to answer a basic question which doesn't support your argument.

We will have to agree that ISIL are Islamic as you can't answer a question.
  • Options
    ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The recruiters look for those who don't know the religion well, and recent converts. They know that anyone else is going to see that what they are doing, isn't Islamic.
    How do you know that the recruiters seek out those who do not know the religion well or are recent converts ? What information are you holding back from us that makes you privy to such an insight ? I hope you can keep us informed about further inside intelligence from your co-religionist associates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ennui wrote: »
    How do you know that the recruiters seek out those who do not know the religion well or are recent converts ? What information are you holding back from us that makes you privy to such an insight ? I hope you can keep us informed about further inside intelligence from your co-religionist associates.

I posted a link previously on interviews with ex recruiters and what they look for.

Also recall the French journalist hostage who said there was no Qur'an or talk of religion, just politics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I posted a link previously on interviews with ex recruiters and what they look for.

Also recall the French journalist hostage who said there was no Qur'an or talk of religion, just politics.

• Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    I'll attempt to answer on Bolly's behalf.

Anything or anyone that paints Islam in a bad light is automatically not Islamic, even if it's actual scripture. Anything that paints Islam in a good light is Islamic.

Hope that helps to clear things up.

It has summed this thread up beautifully. Thanks very much.
  • Options
    John_HuxleyJohn_Huxley Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

False.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-28/isis-releases-recruitment-video-target-indonesian-muslims/5629960

They quote Jihad as obligation of religion, Muhammad and Allah.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    False.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-28/isis-releases-recruitment-video-target-indonesian-muslims/5629960

They quote Jihad as obligation of religion, Muhammad and Allah.

That's Indonesia not the UK or US.

They are either delusional or liars and I say liars.

Nice beach in the photo.
  • Options
    John_HuxleyJohn_Huxley Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's Indonesia not the UK or US.

They are either delusional or liars and I say liars.

Nice beach in the photo.
    It being Indonesia doesn't somehow make it not a recruitment video.

So they do mention their religion, Jihad, Muhammad and Allah in their recruitment video, so your claim is false.

Similar other recruitment video's of briton's mention jihad and the quran.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/20/jihadi-recruitment-video-islamist-terror-group-isis-features-britons
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It being Indonesia doesn't somehow make it not a recruitment video.

So they do mention their religion, Jihad, Muhammad and Allah in their recruitment video, so your claim is false.

Similar other recruitment video's of briton's mention jihad and the quran.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/20/jihadi-recruitment-video-islamist-terror-group-isis-features-britons

Mmm John they offer a stipend, housing, relocation costs and food. Seriously who do you think they are attracting.

There are dirt poor people who will move their families there. Let's not be too naive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mmm John they offer a stipend, housing, relocation costs and food. Seriously who do you think they are attracting.

There are dirt poor people who will move their families there. Let's not be too naive.

British Muslims.

Let's not be naive, there is university students there.