Options

Am I the only one annoyed by Frozen

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the film but are there really that many man eating wolves out there?
  • Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I liked the film but are there really that many man eating wolves out there?

It is based in Norway where you do find wolves so that part of the story isn't too far fetched.
  • Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind it but I do think it is very overhyped.

Tangled was better.
    ^This

Tangled was funny, entertaining and had great characters. By comparison Frozen was a windblown wasteland bereft of life.

You could almost hear the Disney execs screaming "It's gonna bomb! Merchandise the crap out of it!!" I'd love to know what they paid the Oscars board to get it a win for Best Animated Feature and Best Song. What a travesty.

Despicable Me 2
    was by far the more entertaining film, and the Pharrell song Happy has gone on to be a huge hit. The guys at Disney guys must owe the Oscars board huge for them rescuing that turd.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not sure why. I watched the film for the first time last week and my reaction was "is that it?"

My partner and I felt the same - we were expecting another Shrek or Ice Age... and got Snowish White.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Not the ending I wanted. I was hoping to see them all impaled on a giant stalagmite.

Did you know that, due to acquisition, Pulp Fiction was the first Disney film to feature male anal rape?

Maybe there's a message there?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    It's a great film and a great song, and now you've kind of made me want some Olaf merchandise.

Mind you, the Demi Lovato single version of the song is pretty awful. Idina Menzel for the win.

Totally agree.:)
    With both points.

(We have to stop this now, who knows where it could end?)

Has anyone seen the clip of the US marines watching the film?:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOPe9WqpOAc
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you know that, due to acquisition, Pulp Fiction was the first Disney film to feature male anal rape?

Maybe there's a message there?

:D No I didn't, interesting. Just think what they could have done with Snow White and the seven dwarfs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With both points.

Brilliant! :D They killed it at 2.20...I totally lost it. :D
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe you should make one yourself .....
    call it WAA WAA THE WAA SHEEP!!!
  • Options
    mrtdg82mrtdg82 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughters love it. Personally I thought it was very bland and dull. Tangled was a much better film.

I usually love Disney films as well, this was probably the first one I got bored during.
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With both points.

Ha! that's brilliant :D
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangled and Rise of the Guardians were both better than Frozen. It was a decent film but very overrated.

The soundtrack to Tangled was miles better too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tangled and Rise of the Guardians were both better than Frozen. It was a decent film but very overrated.

Yes, I loved RotG. Great graphics, great film.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you wanna build a snowman?......
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you're not. I had to sit through it in the cinema with my Daughter and the soundtrack was hell. So many screeching grating songs in inglorious surround sound. It was painful, it really was. I like a good animation but wasn't particularly impressed with the film either.
    How do you think I feel; I had to make up a Frozen soundtrack CD so that my daughter can listen to it in the car. God forbid I ever want to hear the football phone-in or the general radio!

She then cottoned on to the fact that this was possible and I've since had to do the same with 'Enchanted' , 'Tangled' and - believe it or not - the music from 'The Neverending Story' and 'The Goonies'.
    I've had some interesting looks when stopped at traffic lights...

And she's only bloody 3. God help me when she starts getting into boy bands.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love frozen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    How do you think I feel; I had to make up a Frozen soundtrack CD so that my daughter can listen to it in the car. God forbid I ever want to hear the football phone-in or the general radio!

She then cottoned on to the fact that this was possible and I've since had to do the same with 'Enchanted' , 'Tangled' and - believe it or not - the music from 'The Neverending Story' and 'The Goonies'.
    I've had some interesting looks when stopped at traffic lights...

And she's only bloody 3. God help me when she starts getting into boy bands.

Put her up for adoption. You've only had her for 3 years, not long enough to get attached to her yet surely? :D
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put her up for adoption. You've only had her for 3 years, not long enough to get attached to her yet surely? :D
    :o:D

Nah, I was already attached to her when she was 3 seconds old.

<insert soppy smilie here>
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Maybe other people just liked it more than you did. You're not going to be interested in every film out there after all. Just "tune out" and ignore it if it's not something you care about.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member

Awwwwww :kitty:
  • Options
    Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    If I had kids I'd probably have been forced to watch it 20 times by now like my poor mate! Its not my or the wifes cup of tea thankfully!
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    She sang another version of it. Her version isn't as good as Idina Menzel's.

Oh man, that song makes me teary.

I don't understand how some of you weren't moved by that movie.

I cried in the cinema at the end. It was a bit embarrassing.

I am a big Disney fan and this is one of their best new releases for years. I am getting slightly sick of it all but if the kids want to get all obsessed for a while, why not? It's either this movie or something else ... children love fads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:) Yes, they have instant power over us - quite scary in one so short. Perhaps they're born with a Napoleon complex :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Awwwwww :kitty:

Ooooo Kitty done a kitty.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Ooooo Kitty done a kitty.

That's a selfie :p