Kate Middleton?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Kate Middleton is an elitist snob like the rest of the Royals except Princess Anne and her family.

And no, Geneve, I am not 'jealous that I didn't marry Prince William'. He's too young and too blond for me. Not my type at all.

Tomas Ledin, however, is a different matter!

What are you using as evidence for this? Snobbery? Come on... And Princess Annes family isnt? do you know them personally?

Sure the kids don't have titles but Princess doesn't take her duties very seriously speeding, dangerous dog attacks and the likes.

Catherine seems very well groomed smiles nods etc in the right place. Regal maybe but not Snobby...
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elite? Maybe. That's what a future Queen should be anyway. Snob? Not at all.

Good evening, Barry. Why should they be elite? They're just people like everyone else. Elite = elitist, ergo Snob.

Privilege by birthright is so wrong. You may not agree, that is your right. But this is my view. Accept it.
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :sleep:
    Miss N wrote: »
    I personally don't consider members of The Royal Family celebrities, so think the Showbiz section is the wrong place for your thread...

(and I personally think Kate is lovely...I like her :))

Of course they are celebs. They have PR teams, image makers, undergo media training and more importantly court the media. Looks and smells like celebrity to me.
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued by posters here sidetracking a very good question by the OP by nitpicking over where the post should be in the forum.....says a lot IMO.

I'm afraid I am not a member of the leave Kate alone brigade and the question re what she actually does is a valid one.....wear clothes and paste on a smile seem to be high on the job description so far......how on earth do people work out that she 'is lovely' from that.

As for taking offence at her being posted about in the Showbiz posts as if she was a celebrity......no big deal IMO as the reality is that even their biggest fans admit that the Royal Family are 'an attraction'......they really aren't worthy or
    deserving of any particular level of respect and if you stop and think about it logically the whole set up is an anachronism for the modern world and there are plenty of traces that it's on it's last legs once the Queen's 'reign' is finished anyway.

I know that this kind of hero worship and thinking that you know someone because their image is all over the media feeds a certain part of many people's souls but if you stop and step aside from it for a moment.....it's a silly load of nonsense really.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Good evening, Barry. Why should they be elite? They're just people like everyone else. Elite = elitist, ergo Snob.

Privilege by birthright is so wrong. You may not agree, that is your right. But this is my view. Accept it.

Yes, they are human beings like everyone else. However they are elite because any person representing a nation at official levels and therefore a higher standard of behaviour should be expected from them. The same also applies to prime ministers, presidents, ambassadors, MP's etc...As for privilege by birthright, that also comes with pressure. You can be born into an elevated position, but you have to live up to the high expectations that come with it. Elite does not equate to elitist. In the same sense being a member of a race doesn't automatically make you a racist.
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your eloquent, articulate response, Barry. It's probably akin to representing one's nation at sport or whatever. You have been chosen, therefore we expect much of you. Also such a position makes one a role model so a good example has to be set.

You seem a sensible sort.
  • Options
    darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Hardly a job. She's a free loader who in my opinion married the man for an easy life.

its hardly what i would call an 'easy life'. i think shes lovely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get fed up of the constant reporting on what she wears etc. She is just a woman Prince William chose to marry. I can not see anything special about her, nor anything particularily wrong with her. I just do not care much for her and get a bit fed up of seeing her in the press (like Diana really)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your eloquent, articulate response, Barry. It's probably akin to representing one's nation at sport or whatever. You have been chosen, therefore we expect much of you. Also such a position makes one a role model so a good example has to be set.

You seem a sensible sort.

I do endevour to try
    I get fed up of the constant reporting on what she wears etc. She is just a woman Prince William chose to marry. I can not see anything special about her, nor anything particularily wrong with her. I just do not care much for her and get a bit fed up of seeing her in the press (like Diana really)

She's the future Queen, wife of one of the most famous people in the world, and married into the most famous family in the world. Naturally that will bring her attention. As long as the press coverage doesn't get too rabid and dangerous, as it did with Diana, it will be fine. It doesn't take too much effort to skip over pages in a magazine or newspaper, change the channel when a story appears or not visit certain webpages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do endevour to try

She's the future Queen, wife of one of the most famous people in the world, and married into the most famous family in the world. Naturally that will bring her attention. As long as the press coverage doesn't get too rabid and dangerous, as it did with Diana, it will be fine. It doesn't take too much effort to skip over pages in a magazine or newspaper, change the channel when a story appears or not visit certain webpages.

It is the fawning over her though. How wonderful she is etc. She is really not wonderful, she is just an average girl that married into a famous family.

Then again I hate fawning over anyone. It is one of the reasons I have stopped buying and reading newspapers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is the fawning over her though. How wonderful she is etc. She is really not wonderful, she is just an average girl that married into a famous family.

Then again I hate fawning over anyone. It is one of the reasons I have stopped buying and reading newspapers.

She seems perfectly fine to me. While she may not be "wonderful" (depending on one's definition of what qualifies), she's done absolutely nothing wrong since becoming an official part of the royal family. Being "average" (ie: normal, personable, friendly etc...) I think is part of her charm. If she was too aloof, people would complain about that.
  • Options
    lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    She's a filthy scrounger that should pay her damn taxes.

Just like the rest of the royal spongers.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a job. She's a free loader who in my opinion married the man for an easy life.

Are you serious? She adores and fancies the pants off William.
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i for one would get rid of the lot. the days when we should be a 'subject' of anyone should be long gone.
    the French had the right idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    confuddled wrote: »
    i for one would get rid of the lot. the days when we should be a 'subject' of anyone should be long gone.
    the French had the right idea.

Mass murder and the rise of Napoleon

Well, I'm convinced.