Options

Sarah Kennedy

Comments

• Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldvinyl wrote: »
    I think Jeremy Vine felt that the relevence was her position as a Judge in a white male dominated profession, something she achieved despite her abusive upbringing. But re; SK's case, why mention the word? There are lots of black tennis players.

i dont care who describes someone as black in the right context...a fact is a fact! but the above is nonsense as it was her upbringing and abuse that was being discussed not her career!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    When will the BBC get rid of the utterly abysmal Sarah Kennedy?
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was enjoying Helen Shapiro, but all we got was:

"Walking back to happiness, woopah oh yeah"

And then the 7 o'clock news!

What was the point of that? SK is an idiot!
  • Options
    trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was surprise and sad that she was able to do the movie music slot without mentioning and paying tribute to the late Patrick Swayze and playing something from Dirty Dancing or Ghost.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanMebabe wrote: »
    I was enjoying Helen Shapiro, but all we got was:

"Walking back to happiness, woopah oh yeah"

And then the 7 o'clock news!

What was the point of that? SK is an idiot!

Thats because of the computer driven systems (radioman) which fires in the jingles music etc automatically if SK cant backtime things then thats what happens
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trigpoint wrote: »
    Was surprise and sad that she was able to do the movie music slot without mentioning and paying tribute to the late Patrick Swayze and playing something from Dirty Dancing or Ghost.

Good point not unless everything was pre-loaded and couldnt be changed
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    simonpat wrote: »

I'm with you there. Woke up this morning, to the sound of 'In My Life' by the Beatles. Which Sarah Kennedy then cheerfully back announced as "The Rolling Stones on fine form." :confused:

Doesn't the silly woman listen to anyhting aside from the sound of her own voice?
  • Options
    BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today Sarah mentioned something which she has commented on before - using a strong, paracetamol based flu 'cure' as a 'sleeping aid' :eek:

This is so silly and dangerous it defies belief. If Sarah has not adjusted to her early starts after all this time, taking a powerful liquid cold cure is not the answer - no wonder she sounds 'out of it' some mornings! We had a junior member of staff hospitalised after using one of these products wrongly - ended up with a mild overdose of paracetamol.

For heavens sake Sarah, don't do this - and if you persist in using it to help you sleep, don't tell the world as though it is a safe solution!
  • Options
    sidekick67sidekick67 Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    My hard earned money pays for the Beeb, why should I turn off or listen to Cd/Tape..

Yeh, you pay £142.50 a year. Hardly gives you the right to know about the personal health issues of one of the presenters..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonpat wrote: »

Hope u got a hard hat, u will get Sk fans (few that they are) having a go at u for ur view!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidekick67 wrote: »
    Yeh, you pay £142.50 a year. Hardly gives you the right to know about the personal health issues of one of the presenters..

If she can't do her job, then yes of course I have a right
  • Options
    JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Thats because of the computer driven systems (radioman) which fires in the jingles music etc automatically if SK cant backtime things then thats what happens

What is someone who can't do backtiming doing hosting a high profile national radio programme ?
  • Options
    Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member

I'd have thought Radio 2 wouldn't use something as useless as Radioman - sure VCS at the very least, but I get your point ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to work for a large organisation and that was the procedure, it appears not to be the norm. What do you mean by ‘that's professional questions, not one posed on internet forums’?

Anyway, I am very glad she has returned and I hope her ‘Annus Horribilis’ for the past 2 months is in the past.
    I loved the show tune this morning – Sinatra and Bing brilliant!

All I was saying is that different orgainsation's will have different procedures. In the BBC's case, OH would only get involved if someone required what might be considered to be a gradual return to work eg : if they'd had a very serious illness, a injury leading to a disability etc.

As for professional questions, you only have to look back through this thread to see what I mean. Countless posts speculating on what's wrong with her, demanding to know the fine detail, speculating on things they probably know nothing about.

As I've said before, I don't really care much for SK's style of broadcasting - but I do know the show is increadibly popular so I'd be happy to see her continue.

What I find highly ditasteful is some of the snide and demamatory remarks posted by some on DS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought Radio 2 wouldn't use something as useless as Radioman - sure VCS at the very least, but I get your point ;)

They still use Radioman @ BBC Radio Norfolk:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They still use Radioman @ BBC Radio Norfolk:)

Yep I don't doubt it. But my understanding is that network ditched Radioman in favour of something a little more... erm... reliable!
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does nobody higher up the chain of command take an interest in SK's technical incompetence? In my line of work I'd be taken to one side and told to improve and then given a set time in which to demonstrate that I'd improved, before being shown the door. It beggars belief that SK is still as inept 15(?) years after starting on Radio 2.

I understand she's on a contract. Does she not have an annual appraisal?
  • Options
    sidekick67sidekick67 Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    If she can't do her job, then yes of course I have a right

You don't. You have the right to watch and listen to TV and radio programmes. End of story. No more gives you the right to know about the personal life of a presenter than paying your council tax gives you the right to know about the health issues of anyone working for the council.

You're paying for a service and unless I'm mistaken Radio 2 is not silent between 6.00 and 7.30 when Ms Kennedy is indisposed. You're getting what you paid for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Why are you making fun about dyslexia? It's no laughing matter.

Whilst we fully appeiciate the difficulties some people have with spelling and grammar , although many still believe that dyslexia is another word for' thick',wrongly IMO.
    Why then do those who claim to suffer firmly believe that S.K. is making up her illnesses, and laugh like hell when she tells us about them :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barbieblue wrote: »
    Whilst we fully appeiciate the difficulties some people have with spelling and grammar , although many still believe that dyslexia is another word for' thick',wrongly IMO.
    Why then do those who claim to suffer firmly believe that S.K. is making up her illnesses, and laugh like hell when she tells us about them :confused:

Could it be because thos posters are actually thick as well as having a recognised condition? It does happen!
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the best way Sarah is just ignoring her critics. She knows what is going on out there. I thought the show could have moved off as Wogan was going, but it's not. I think Sarah is moving on nicely. I understand from what she was talking about she was in Hospital for a couple of days.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that any of the people that actually tune in to SK's show because they happen to like her programme actually care in the least whether her tunes run into the pips, or if she knows how to backtime, or whatever. I suspect that is reserved for those that tune in to confirm that they still don't like her.

Seriously, she is just nice, gentle, middle-England, old-lady fun, and pretty much the only place that gets broadcast anywhere these days. If R2 isn't the natural home for that, I don't know what is...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    johnny_t wrote: »
    I don't think that any of the people that actually tune in to SK's show because they happen to like her programme actually care in the least whether her tunes run into the pips, or if she knows how to backtime, or whatever. I suspect that is reserved for those that tune in to confirm that they still don't like her.

Seriously, she is just nice, gentle, middle-England, old-lady fun, and pretty much the only place that gets broadcast anywhere these days. If R2 isn't the natural home for that, I don't know what is...

It used to be Johnny but, alas, no longer and I don't even like Sarah.
  • Options
    Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    I think the best way Sarah is just ignoring her critics. She knows what is going on out there. I thought the show could have moved off as Wogan was going, but it's not. I think Sarah is moving on nicely. I understand from what she was talking about she was in Hospital for a couple of days.

Will you please stop dressing up opinion as fact. This is the third time you have said that Sarah Kennedy is staying - without a shred of evidence to support this. There hasn't been any formal announcement from the BBC to my knowledge.

Sarah Kennedy may decide to inform Dawn Patrollers of her future later this year.
  • Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »

i couldn't have put that better myself!!:)
This discussion has been closed.