Options

Cameron’s new small business tsar jets off to Caribbean island 3 times in 3 months.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D

It's also clocking up on the "non attending" and "non participating" data for the House of Lords...and thus, hopefully and in time contributing positively, to the case for radical reform of the type that will see her out on her thong and others of her ilk never "qualifying" to see the inside of the chamber again ;-)

Yes if definitely needs some "Radical Reform" too many people being appointed who brng the reputation down IE Paul White aka (Lord Hanningfield) Michelle Mone and others who have contributed damm all in the Lords,in Hanningfields case apart from clocking in for 20 mins to get his expenses,and in Michelle Mones case taking the oath but apparently not speaking,though to be fair she still has time,if she intends to.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    I was taking the mickey as Corbyn's second holiday in three months was in Malta

Fair enough.;-)
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it depends on how long she is there for each trip and whether she claims her £300 a day lords allowance even though she isn't there.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it depends on how long she is there for each trip and whether she claims her £300 a day lords allowance even though she isn't there.

You have to actually turn up and clock in to get that...so by NOT turning up she is saving the taxpayer money...to say nothing of getting £300 to turn up and vote for stuff will probably screw over the average person.

Indeed the biggest favour she could do us is to NEVER turn up...and add to the evidence that the HofL as currently constituted/operated is a the sort of laughing stock/disgrace that if it were operating anywhere else in the world would have the UK invading in order to impose "democracy"
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to actually turn up and clock in to get that...so by NOT turning up she is saving the taxpayer money...to say nothing of getting £300 to turn up and vote for stuff will probably screw over the average person.

Indeed the biggest favour she could do us is to NEVER turn up...and add to the evidence that the HofL as currently constituted/operated is a the sort of laughing stock/disgrace that if it were operating anywhere else in the world would have the UK invading in order to impose "democracy"

In that case there's nothing to complain about :D

Do they really have to clock in ? :o
  • Options
    mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    Jol44 wrote: »
    So you don't care if someone in a top political job is here to do it or not.

I'm afraid I can't think of too many other top jobs requiring huge dedication where within a few months of taking the job the person is allowed to jet off to the other side of the world on continuous holiday breaks.

Sorry. Not buying it. They're having a laugh.

Check your geography, Jol
    The Caribbean is not the other side of the world, that would be Australia or New Zealand
    Barbados is only 8 hours flying time from London
    You could be there and back in a weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case there's nothing to complain about :D

Do they really have to clock in ? :o

I think they may sign in and out or something like that...that's how the data emerges that people may spend less than an hour there on any given day and still get their £300.

I assume they use the place for a pit stop between a busy board meeting in the City in the morning and going off to watch the cricket at Lords in the afternoon.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed the biggest favour she could do us is to NEVER turn up...

Can't say I disagree. Why don't you write an article for the DM espousing this. ;-)
    and add to the evidence that the HofL as currently constituted/operated is a the sort of laughing stock/disgrace that if it were operating anywhere else in the world would have the UK invading in order to impose "democracy"

Oh I don't know, I imagine even the HoL would be welcome in many countries we haven't invaded. I mean they even let women in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Can't say I disagree. Why don't you write an article for the DM espousing this. ;-)

:o:o:o

Well thanks a lot...am now having heart palpitations...and have had to call and a m b ul a n c................................................................................
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She finds plenty of time to fly to the Caribbean which i have no problem with as its her own money but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Appointed to the House of Lords but has yet to speak in any debates

Why be there if you cannot speak about what you believe in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3404118/Baroness-Bra-bados-Cameron-s-small-business-tsar-jetted-Caribbean-island-three-times-three-months.html#ixzz3xaja8U3v
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh come on, Richard. She's attended almost 8 in 10 votes. I'm reasonably confident that would put her in the top rank of attendees. Maybe she's yet to participate in something where she feels she can make a worthwhile contribution. But she's there - and no doubt learning the ropes.

ETA: Just been reading the financial implications of her attending from GHF. :D:D:D

Poor girl can't win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Oh come on, Richard. She's attended almost 8 in 10 votes. I'm reasonably confident that would put her in the top rank of attendees. Maybe she's yet to participate in something where she feels she can make a worthwhile contribution. But she's there - and no doubt learning the ropes.

ETA: Just been reading the financial implications of her attending from GHF. :D:D:D

Poor girl can't win.

That's at least £2400 to the taxpayer for a bit of lobby fodder.

As to what debates she could contribute to verbally as opposed to financially I suppose it would be a motion like:

"This house believes peep hole bras should be free of VAT"

It would also achieve the aim of HofL reform...most of them would have to carried out feet first or on life support :D
  • Options
    Buster1874Buster1874 Posts: 1,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mungobrush wrote: »
    Check your geography, Jol
    The Caribbean is not the other side of the world, that would be Australia or New Zealand
    Barbados is only 8 hours flying time from London
    You could be there and back in a weekend

Jol spends so much time on here scraping barrels and shooting his feet that he probably doesn't know where the end of his street is never mind the other side of the world..
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buster1874 wrote: »
    Jol spends so much time on here scraping barrels and shooting his feet that he probably doesn't know where the end of his street is never mind the other side of the world..

Leave Jol alone. Already today I've learnt that Corbyn takes an excessive number of holidays (which is disgusting) and that Corbyn is in the top 1% wealthiest in the world (which is disgusting).

I'm just waiting for the news the Jol has taken over the PR for Corbyn :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's at least £2400 to the taxpayer for a bit of lobby fodder.

As to what debates she could contribute to verbally as opposed to financially I suppose it would be a motion like:

"This house believes peep hole bras should be free of VAT"

It would also achieve the aim of HofL reform...most of them would have to carried out feet first or on life support :D

Pretty much my thoughts too.

• Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much my thoughts too.

Her House of Lords payments go to charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Her House of Lords payments go to charity.

They might very well do but lobby fodder describes somebody that votes that often without making a maiden speech.

Sadly:(