124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stehayn wrote: »
    Come on, Virgin Media aren't that bad are they? LOL :rolleyes:

Certainly not in fact the cable forums for virgin media are so popular even plenty of sky customers apparently want to join us.lol;)
  • Options
    decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've loved reading this thread, brings back memories of when I was still at home and my mum and dad had the old NTL analogue cable and whatever it was before NTL. The channels were all over the place!
  • Options
    parkyzparkyz Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bignoise wrote: »
    One is a useless, over-priced service with a limited channel selection and poor picture quality... and the other is analogue.

Boom boom. :D

the only diffrence between sky and virgin is virgin pay for quailty viewing where as sky broadcast any crap as long as they paid for it

Hpw cpuld we livw without
    Pulse (+1 AND +15mins)
    BEN
    Hourse & Country
    Weddings tv
    ect...

OH NO :cry::cry:

most of skys good channels that arnt on virgin are on freesat lol
  • Options
    smitj017smitj017 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have a freind with a telewest tv socket. there is no digital, but if i plugged in a tuner(it has uhf/vhf), would i pick up anything? sl6 area
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cartoon Network & Nickelodeon still on Analogue Cable? Do they shut down at the same times as they used to or has that changed?
  • Options
    rhodgreenrhodgreen Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Still analogue (officially) in Eastleigh (SO50).
    Although, as I've previusly said - full range of digital TV channels work - but zero on-demand! Hmph!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    lol i live in west end.

where bouts are you based? I live near the rosebowl (actually up telegraph)

been analogue a while now. I agree tho one of the longest going customers yet were the last to be upgraded. nice aint it?

I agree with you as we have been going since pre NTL times "The Cabletel Years" and are still waiting for digital.

Funny enough their "Foregin" Call Centre thinks it is already in my aera because when I moved house (across the street) they signed me up for digital tv along with my phone and BB only to be told by the engineer on installation day that Digital TV wasn't availlable in N.Ireland. Then they made me pay out for another installation charge for installing the analogue tv the following week.
  • Options
    dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in Belfast BT5 and I've got VM Digital TV.
  • Options
    AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    We don't have cable at all in my local area and our area (STV) doesn't go digital until 2010. So technically everyone is analogue although a lot of people have freeview and others have satellite. I have both - freeview in the bedroom and sky in the lounge.
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question for any Analogue Cable Customers...

Now that ALL Sky Sports channels have left, what has happened. Anything in their place or just empty space?

On another note i saw two of these at the car boot on Sunday :)

Would have been no use to us as when we last redecorated we removed the white wall boxes and old CATV cabling!

When we first got Videotron in 1996, we were given a Videoway box and one of these for one of the bedrooms (they could only install two boxes in one building).

In about 1998 the Videoway box for some odd reason stopped receiving signals, so they gave us a replacement box (the model i saw at the car boot).
  • Options
    BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    DXRulz wrote: »
    Now that ALL Sky Sports channels have left, what has happened. Anything in their place or just empty space?
    There is no replacement for them - by the end of the year the analogue system for digital enabled areas will be gone
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parkyz wrote: »
    the only diffrence between sky and virgin is virgin pay for quailty viewing where as sky broadcast any crap as long as they paid for it

Hpw cpuld we livw without
    Pulse (+1 AND +15mins)
    BEN
    Hourse & Country
    Weddings tv
    ect...

OH NO :cry::cry:

most of skys good channels that arnt on virgin are on freesat lol

That's because Sky are forced to place all these channels on the EPG (since they don't break the rules and are paying the costs) by Ofcom, unlike Virgin who don't.

Still, always nice to have 30+ HD channels compared to only 1 plus a bit of on demand...
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    I know i shouldn't bump a thread.......

Since then, lots have happened to the VM network.

All eastern Southampton got upgraded around 2011/2012 I think. Now we have full glorious digital TV.

As a long standing customer, I had to leave and go with TUTV then went with BT Vision just to get (then Setanta sports and sky sports), as although TUTV offered Sky Sports (bless them), it was actually quite expensive.

Fast Forward on, and whilst I was heading home from Badminton, I saw a giant advert board saying Digital is coming......

shocked. I went into the VM shop and they confirmed it was coming. Red herring I thought, till I actually saw the engineers in my road and a supercabinet magically appear like 700 yards away.

Eventually 5 days later they let me order in and soon I had my phone and BB back. 2 weeks later they returned for the TiVo.

Loving the service, runs really well, and when i did order. they were like oh! you're returning! we have you on file here!, fancy half price for 12 months instead of 6? and free tivo?

get in.

Anyone else in Southampton now enjoying digital now? or did you jump ship and go to the darkside of sky?
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Analogue cable is still a leading system in Germany and Sweden
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? What about all that crap about Germans being ahead of us technologically? Or is that just their cars?
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I just read this whole thread wanting to see the photos that were offered and requested several times only to find there were none of the tv screen shots. Disappointed. Off to Google I go.
  • Options
    PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Still popular on UPC in Ireland too.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    That's because Sky are forced to place all these channels on the EPG (since they don't break the rules and are paying the costs) by Ofcom, unlike Virgin who don't.

Still, always nice to have 30+ HD channels compared to only 1 plus a bit of on demand...
    Virgin is viewed as a private platform which allows them to be a bit more discerning on the channels they carry.