2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KT_Dog wrote: »
    Really? Oh god. I'm going to prison and so's my accountant :(

Doubt you'll go to prison if you use an accountant as it'll be there screw up if you've given them all the relevant details..
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Doubt you'll go to prison if you use an accountant as it'll be there screw up if you've given them all the relevant details..

Oh gosh, no I know I'm not really! Sorry! I was just being sarccy! :blush:
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they could have got him a lot cheaper. Throwing money away.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares what he gets paid,there seems to be a hell of a lot of jelaousy on this forum!

I was just about to say the same thing. I say good for him, if they are willing to pay him that much then why do people give a damn ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent fees would be 10% and if he's never earned anything like that before in his life he'll still be in the lowest possible tax bracket. Obviously don't know whether he has debts or not but I reckon he'll come out the other end with, at worst, 70-80 grand. Which he can then brag about along with the disclaimer that he's not being big headed or anything.

How do you know he even has an agent, why would he need one ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    How do you know he even has an agent, why would he need one ?

Not a clue. Probably doesn't.
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't believe that figure one bit. Also don't believe he was only paid £15 for Gogglebox. With 100k they could've surely got someone better? Even someone better from Gogglebox?

Still don't think it's true, he's the least famous in there so if they're paying him 100k then that must mean the others are way above that.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LiamOK wrote: »
    Don't believe that figure one bit. Also don't believe he was only paid £15 for Gogglebox. With 100k they could've surely got someone better? Even someone better from Gogglebox?

Still don't think it's true, he's the least famous in there so if they're paying him 100k then that must mean the others are way above that.

Just found this story from a few months ago-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/gogglebox-axe-threat-following-15-a-night-3604961
    The couch potato critics are said to be upset that their £15-a-night wage will not increase despite the programme's critical and ratings success.
    Geordie Goggleboxer Scarlett Moffat, 23, is quoted as saying the families only "get their leccy bill and takeaways" covered.

But another, anonymous, cast member is reported to have claimed that the payoff is the least they have ever earned.

It was also claimed that the Gogglebox cast are contractually prevented from appearing in other TV shows.
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what civilian bb winners get as their prize money!
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    That explains why CBB producers are giving him good edits and is being promoted on BBBOTS.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares what he gets paid,there seems to be a hell of a lot of jelaousy on this forum!

No there isn't...what you'll find is incredulity. :o Enough with the jealousy angle..it really doesn't exist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sammmymack wrote: »
    That's what civilian bb winners get as their prize money!

Then he should audition to be on that show...he doesn't belong on CBB.
  • Options
    DejavuDejavu Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's based on average of previous year and predicted year earnings isn't it, an electrician suddenly being given a 100,000 windfall from channel 5 should escape the high rate bracket relatively painlessly, though next year he'll get hit hard unless he can argue this was a one-off. Which I doubt he can because I suspect he's after a media career.

I somehow can't see him getting a media career
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then he should audition to be on that show...he doesn't belong on CBB.

He most certainly does not. Moreover, even if I could get past my prejudice regarding his inclusion in the show, he has shown himself up for the non entity he is.
  • Options
    waylander_1973waylander_1973 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has to pay 45% tax on that plus what agent fees charged to him, unless he shifts to a company in his name then it's worked out different .

I doubt if there will be massive interest in him post show, so it would be a waste of time.
  • Options
    simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if that is true, with the move to channel 5 the lower ratings etc. The celebs have been paid less it was rumoured that stars like Casey Bachelor last time only got about 8k still great for 2 weeks work. I'd be surprised if any of them except Gary or Leslie got anywhere near 100k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LiamOK wrote: »

It's true that they only get that much money. You'll be surprised to know that it's pretty similar on shows like TOWIE too. They don't get much at all in these shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dejavu wrote: »
    I somehow can't see him getting a media career

No - at least I hope not. I can never quite get a handle on him though. Sometimes, such as during the cringeworthy 'and so-and-so would run for a bus like THIS...' skit it really does feel like he's auditioning for *something*... But equally I suppose he could just be a massive bell-end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He most certainly does not. Moreover, even if I could get past my prejudice regarding his inclusion in the show, he has shown himself up for the non entity he is.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to him. You give up a lit of privacy going on BB he should at least get a house deposit out of it. He'd be daft to donut for less.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    Wow - he isn't even a celebrity.
    He is now
    He has to pay 45% tax on that plus what agent fees charged to him, unless he shifts to a company in his name then it's worked out different .

I doubt if there will be massive interest in him post show, so it would be a waste of time.

He would be taxed on all of his earnings during the tax year.