Options

The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joegrizzle wrote: »
    So I just read Cher is down by 4,000 copies comparto Prof. Green

Where'd you read that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Sunday, this video is so good for some mental cleansing. :D This is how With Ur Love should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiHEqegyMO0&ob=av2e

I wish she had sang With Ur Love with just a guitar but I doubt Syco would have let her, they wanted to portray an "image" of Cher being swaggerific but she can do that without all the Cliches IMO. :p

I'll check the interview out now, thanks. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it wasn't a great vocal performance on XF, i dunno why, but she can do much better.

I don't think going back on XF is such a great move tbh. Neither Matt or Cher have benefited much from it, a slight brief sales boost but that's all, it just refreshes people's hate who hated them on the show it seems to me.

It's strange also cos her live performances of SJ beat the recorded version hands down, but it's the other way round with WUL...well,so far:)

let's just put it down to nerves and move swiftly on;)
    You're kidding me right?! This was awesome live and look at the likes compared to dislikes!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT9oUDtwLLA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ustream time. Or at least it should be - she can be late lol. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ustream time. Or at least it should be - she can be late lol. :p

They were late getting it on by 8 minutes. :p

She looks beaut and I love her interviews now.
  • Options
    MartynMac123MartynMac123 Posts: 3,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg want u back sounds AMAZING!

And guys, bueatiful people is an AMAZING SONG! The harmonies in it are just WOW, its worth a listen on youtube :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg want u back sounds AMAZING!

And guys, bueatiful people is an AMAZING SONG! The harmonies in it are just WOW, its worth a listen on youtube :)

Yeah, I heard it it's really good!

I think End Up Here will be her third single, IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/albumreviews/a348810/cher-lloyd-sticks--stones-album-review.html

4/5 stars review on DS :O!

(sorry if this has already been posted)

Good album review :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Beautiful people would be an amazing single!

It would boost album sales, probs get to no.1 and have a long chart run i think :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Beautiful people would be an amazing single!

It would boost album sales, probs get to no.1 and have a long chart run i think :)

I don't think they would put another Collab single out there, people will think she needs support too much! Something tells me she'd go with End Up Here.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »

oh i hope so, i bloody love it:)

and to your earlier point Moz, yep you're right, i wasn't really including the acoustic versions. I think WUL isn't even an easy song to sing and she does it well like that. It all got a bit lost on the XF, but it was just about rescued by the dance break.

I'm not listening to any more songs just now, i'm saving Beautiful People and the few others till Sunday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »

Now that would be a great song to highlight Chers talent, she wrote it, I love it..:D Not being a musical expert or owt but the pitch is just right for her voice, I feel the lower pitch suits her, sometimes she struggles a diddy bit on the high stuff.
    I know its taking her away from the urban rap genre, but her style of rap as in Superhero or Over the moon works well imo.
    Soz guys but "Talkin that" "Dub on the track" dont do owt for me, so rather than go urban stay as a pop artist that way she should have a great career.
    I expect a torrent of abuse now...!:cry:;)

BTW Welcome back Martyn :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think superhero would be a smash single :P
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Razzmataz wrote: »
    Now that would be a great song to highlight Chers talent, she wrote it, I love it..:D Not being a musical expert or owt but the pitch is just right for her voice, I feel the lower pitch suits her, sometimes she struggles a diddy bit on the high stuff.
    I know its taking her away from the urban rap genre, but her style of rap as in Superhero or Over the moon works well imo.
    Soz guys but "Talkin that" "Dub on the track" dont do owt for me, so rather than go urban stay as a pop artist that way she should have a great career.

no abuse from me, i don't have a problem with pop. Having said that i do like Talkin that' not heard Dott in full yet. On the whole I'm happy with a swag pop mish-mash call it what you like album:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no abuse from me, i don't have a problem with pop. Having said that i do like Talkin that' not heard Dott in full yet. On the whole I'm happy with a swag pop mish-mash call it what you like album:p

Phew..:) Just watched the ustream, Cher is a beaut, enjoyed the interview, but listening to some of the tracks on the album they seem too have gone "overproduced" compared to the leaked versions..? particularly "End up here" fkin syco :mad:

Or is it me..:o
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Dub on the Track is amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Dub on the Track is amazing.

My apologies rombod for having no taste..:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My apologies rombod for having no taste..:D;)

Haha. I can see why people not like it, but I was like :eek: in a good way.

Listening to the previews. It all sounds very solid, strong, catchy and excellent. Amazing. Faith validated.

Want U Back for single three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher said in the Ustream that she'd love to write ALL of her third album with no help! Wouldn't that be amazing guys?! :eek: Think she'll struggle though because don't song-writers need training or am I in another world? Bless her! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Want U Back is the greatest song ever recorded.

Those grunts are the cultural achievement of the millennium.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah don't worry about it, Talkin' That didn't make it on the album in the end so you don't have to feel too bad. :p I feel the same about it tbh, imo it's not too much better than SJ but that's just me. I do like the sound of Dub On The Track though, regardless of what a certain dubstep producer thinks. ;) The other rappers just sound great on it, though admittedly I don't rate Cher too much as a rapper. There are some rap lyrics of hers that I do like, such as the one from DOTT that I quoted earlier, but overall she's not exactly Eminem imo. :p

Personally I'll find it easier to judge which songs would make good singles when I've heard them in full, but Superhero could be a good one as long as people less partial to her rapping can stomach it. :p A singing one would be a good choice though. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew..:) Just watched the ustream, Cher is a beaut, enjoyed the interview, but listening to some of the tracks on the album they seem too have gone "overproduced" compared to the leaked versions..? particularly "End up here" fkin syco :mad:

Or is it me..:o

I know what you mean, the production is quite loud on the more upbeat songs, wish they'd have turned it down. :p Also, I swear there's too much unnecessary autotune in there, she's a good singer as that Secret Gig video proves, so I dunno why they did all that. :confused: I mean, in DOTT it worked in the chorus 'cause the robotic sound fitted in the sound of the track but the others didn't need it imo. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly there's some nice singing in Talkin' That, like just past the 2-minute mark, but I'm still not completely won over. :p Not as bad as I thought it was on first listen though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when "With Ur Love" will be released in the US on iTunes. I want to support her on this front. I bought Swagger Jagger a week after it came out in the UK on iTunes.
This discussion has been closed.