Options

Katie Price has had her Baby

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Betty concedes that the dates do not add up but it woz the Sun wot done it. Not our whiter than white Pwincess Katie.

I don't believe Katie is whiter than white either... No one is ... You maybe suprised to know ..not even me :eek:
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Do all celebs lie about their due dates then?

It's not just about due dates, unless i've been sleeping it's a well known trait of celebs and tabloids to gloss things up a bit so they sell more papers and get more attention for the story - if we are calling her out (or most likely, a sub editor at the Sun) for making it sound a bit more dramatic than it was, if it was, it could well be an accurate account, then I think we'd have to start criticising every single celeb story of the last 30 years!

I know it will shock everyone, but Katie Price didn't actually write the article about her in The Sun! :eek:

:D
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I don't believe Katie is whiter than white either... No one is ... You maybe suprised to know ..not even me :eek:
    :D:D Ok - maybe slightly orange then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    In what way do the dates add up :confused: On 1st May she said she was over half way through (?? 20 weeks+?) by 19th June she was in third trimester... :confused: - she had the baby 15 weeks later, making it around 35 weeks. Not 8 weeks prem then.

I have posted more than once I believe her baby was between 4-6 weeks early
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D Ok - maybe slightly orange then!

I will concede that she is a bit orange ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just about due dates, unless i've been sleeping it's a well known trait of celebs and tabloids to gloss things up a bit so they sell more papers and get more attention for the story - if we are calling her out (or most likely, a sub editor at the Sun) for making it sound a bit more dramatic than it was, if it was, it could well be an accurate account, then I think we'd have to start criticising every single celeb story of the last 30 years!

I know it will shock everyone, but Katie Price didn't actually write the article about her in The Sun! :eek:

:D

:eek: WHAT ....She didn't :eek::eek: Are you sure?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will concede that she is a bit orange ;)

Hey we agree on something :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an interview with her and they are her main press employers. I'm sure she would have been prattling on Twitter if she had been misquoted on something so fundamental.

I think she might have more important things to worry about at the time .. like having just had a baby and being in spain.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I read this thread but usually choose not to post on it but............

I cannot believe that everyone is still debating dates as to when KP was due, it's like Groundhog day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: WHAT ....She didn't :eek::eek: Are you sure?

Well ... she might have .. but then she'd be ignoring and neglecting her kids whilst showing off her typewriting skills! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read this thread but usually choose not to post on it but............

I cannot believe that everyone is still debating dates as to when KP was due, it's like Groundhog day!

I'm surprised nobody was at her door asking for urine tests

;)
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have posted more than once I believe her baby was between 4-6 weeks early

Ah OK - sorry Betty, just catching up after work :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey we agree on something :D:D

I personally don't get the desire to be tanned all year round and see a lot of girls and lads (surprisingly ) who are permanently orange.. Where I live..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in the uk a pregnancy is 40 weeks dated from the first day of your last period. in europe they count the 40 weeks from the time of conception (aproximatly two-3 weeks after this date) so a european pregnancy is 2-3 weeks longer BUT THEN in the uk if you have not popped before 42 weeks they induce you (unless you sulk and really put your foot down to complain) but in some parts of europe expect you to get to at least 42 weeks before they will concider inducing you.

Therefore is is possible for a full term UK birth to be a European 4 week early...or a UK 4 week early to be a european 8 week early.

Also note that any time from 36 weeks in UK can be classed as full term & so incubator etc not used.

So it's possible that KP's baby JR was actually both 4 & 8 weeks early....just saying....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I am not sure if that is true, the length of a pregnancy is the same the world over and the classification of a baby as premature will not be different in Europe. I can't say for all of Europe, but in Germany the expected date of delivery is also calculated from the first day of the last period. However, once over the date, they monitor and only induce if it is considered medically necessary. After all, the date isn't the same for everyone, the due date can vary by weeks, depending on the mother's cycle. Katie seems to have her babies earlier and Jett's birth weight was good, but as he has been so long in an incubator and with Katie's tweet last night praying he would be OK, it would suggest he is still giving cause for concern.
    The Sun said he was 8 weeks early and as she works for them and gave them an interview or at least passed on a dramatic report with lots of literary license and insulting the medical team who helped her, I would assume this is what she told them.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but they don't - that's the point - many have minds already made up.

One tweet about sunbathing leads to a full on assumption that the child's being neglected and she hasn't seen him once.

It's not even particularly about it being her, it's more a reflection on the public's attitudes today.

Who said the child was neglected and she hadn't seen him since?
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha ha - she would be the most hacked off person on the planet if they left her alone! And if legs akimbo and stockings shots are your idea of "gorgeous" then we beg to differ. I've seen her swanning around (look at me, look at me!!!!) and if she wanted to avoid the paps why drive a pink range rover with the registration KP11 HOT?

You must have missed the new non-pink Pwivate Pwicey WW, I'd better not give the full reg but if you remember F**** U Fotogwafers you should spot it ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    The Sun said he was 8 weeks early and as she works for them and gave them an interview or at least passed on a dramatic report with lots of literary license and insulting the medical team who helped her, I would assume this is what she told them.

You'd assume so - but often the celeb, or most likely even a family member just gives them a few words over the phone about what's happened and they go and spin up a story from it. People would be amazed how full page stories get created from a sentence or two of actual real info. Not with this, as obviously she works for them, but i've seen a good few times now celebs have been directly quoted when saying nothing because the paper knows its not serious enough to sue. So she could have told them lots or she could have hardly told them anything other than "its been a nightmare, turned up in pink horsebox, nobody could understand me, the babys premature, hes in an incubator - not even had a chance to tell the kids myself yet."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Who said the child was neglected and she hadn't seen him since?

Read back over the last day or two. Was even a full on accusation she neglects all her kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read back over the last day or two. Was even a full on accusation she neglects all her kids.

They all look very neglected to me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    You must have missed the new non-pink Pwivate Pwicey WW, I'd better not give the full reg but if you remember F**** U Fotogwafers you should spot it ;)

Yes the other half mentioned a new Pwiceymobile doing the rounds recently - I'm sure I'll see it in Tescos BBH carpark as soon as she's back from her "foreign hell"..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    You'd assume so - but often the celeb, or most likely even a family member just gives them a few words over the phone about what's happened and they go and spin up a story from it. People would be amazed how full page stories get created from a sentence or two of actual real info. Not with this, as obviously she works for them, but i've seen a good few times now celebs have been directly quoted when saying nothing because the paper knows its not serious enough to sue. So she could have told them lots or she could have hardly told them anything other than "its been a nightmare, turned up in pink horsebox, nobody could understand me, the babys premature, hes in an incubator - not even had a chance to tell the kids myself yet."

One thing that makes me think it was from her is that the style of the story telling is hers. I'd possibly agree with you if it wasn't her own newspaper, or if the doctors and nurses hadn't been insulted and their competence and language skills called into question or if it wasn't for the quote that she wanted to punch a nurse for taking Jett away after the birth to put into an incubator. No journalist would write things without being able to show it came directly from the person concerned. I'd say it was definitely from her.
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    ^^^
    This!

I long ago gave up trying to work out what was truth and what was lies, and I suspect a lot of other people have done the same. Why bother giving anything she says the time of day, when she can't even be bothered to give an honest, straightforward answer to even the simplest question?

I had a quick look through some the Marbella news websites at the time just to see if there were any reports of large pink horse-boxes and distressed women shouting "Baby" "Water" "Help!". Sadly there weren't but I did come across an interesting snippet relating to her which said that a newspaper poll reported that "96% of the public don't believe a word Jordan says". So whether her supporters want to paint that as 'poor Katie being stitched up by nasty tabloid editors' or 'clever Katie making sure people keep discussing her' it's not a great reputation to have is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So whether her supporters want to paint that as 'poor Katie being stitched up by nasty tabloid editors' or 'clever Katie making sure people keep discussing her' it's not a great reputation to have is it?

I don't think anything needs to be painted up, and i'm interested in supposedly who is supporting her. I think coming here and seeing one tweet saying she was sunbathing till the sun goes down literally being taken as "im not gonna move off this deckchair until the holidays over and leave the baby to my husband" probably got her more support than anything anyone else could say.
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    I had a quick look through some the Marbella news websites at the time just to see if there were any reports of large pink horse-boxes and distressed women shouting "Baby" "Water" "Help!". Sadly there weren't but I did come across an interesting snippet relating to her which said that a newspaper poll reported that "96% of the public don't believe a word Jordan says". So whether her supporters want to paint that as 'poor Katie being stitched up by nasty tabloid editors' or 'clever Katie making sure people keep discussing her' it's not a great reputation to have is it?

She probably isn't even in Spain FGS.:rolleyes:
    We have only her word for it.
    96% eh ? I'd have put it at 99% judging by some of the comments under stories on her. ;)
This discussion has been closed.