Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regan tweeted earlier that the SFA's stance will not change

The stance may not change but they are powerless to stop Scots being called up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hemed has officially been confirmed as signed by Mallorca - on £7k a week.

Never realised they were still in administration.
  • Options
    DavielDaviel Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the bhoy comes back smug as hell about the amount of attention he's had without posting! Not looking good though. :(

I think he might just be avoiding the silly season when 99.9% of the chat on here is hearsay, rumour and speculation rather than in relation to factual events.

I hope so.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    The stance may not change but they are powerless to stop Scots being called up.

SFA should tell them if they represent Team GB at the Olympics their international career is over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    On the subject of Adam- was at a party last night and someone called him world class. Genuinely couldnt believe it.

Then his mate joined in and said he is a better prospect than Jack Wilshere.

Can't see Liverpool paying £10m for Ki myself, but they seem to be paying way over the odds for every player they have bought since Dalglish came back.
  • Options
    SoulpuncherSoulpuncher Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may chuckle but that's the rumoured price Liverpool are prepared to pay should they fail to get Adam

I highly doubt it, not if Kenny wants to be in a job by October.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ki is a better footballer than Adam and would do very well in the PL.

:D:D:D No he isn't. Ki hasn't even been a stand out in a Celtc jersey. If you think he'd do very well then Kris Commons would presumably be good enough for Barcelona!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may chuckle but that's the rumoured price Liverpool are prepared to pay should they fail to get Adam

Kenny may be getting on in years but he's not lost his marbles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D No he isn't. Ki hasn't even been a stand out in a Celtc jersey. If you think he'd do very well then Kris Commons would presumably be good enough for Barcelona!

I heard they are dumping Messi as marc crosas has just been found. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liedown wrote: »
    I heard they are dumping Messi as marc crosas has just been found. :D:D

Marc Crosas :D I googled him to find where he is now and found this gem:
    What quickens pulses is that he was coached in the Catalan style from the age of 13, his best friend is Bojan Krkic – whom he played with from the age of 15 – and his talents have led to him being compared with Xavi Hernandez, Cesc Fabregas and current Barca manager, Josep Guardiola.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Daviel wrote: »
    I think he might just be avoiding the silly season when 99.9% of the chat on here is hearsay, rumour and speculation rather than in relation to factual events.

I hope so.

Hear hear.

One of the best and funniest posters on here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was our best player before going to the Asian Cup, then came back and had to wait his turn as Kayal and Ledley were playing very well.
    He has starred in a World Cup and made 40 international appearances.
    At 22 years of age he still has his best years ahead of him and along with Kayal and Izzy we will be fortunate to be able hold onto him long term.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc Crosas :D I googled him to find where he is now and found this gem:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was our best player before going to the Asian Cup, then came back and had to wait his turn as Kayal and Ledley were playing very well.
    He has starred in a World Cup and made 40 international appearances.
    At 22 years of age he still has his best years ahead of him and along with Kayal and Izzy we will be fortunate to be able hold onto him long term.

He isn't even close to Adam. Charlie Adam has been a standout in the best league in the world, Ki can't even get a game ahead of average players like Joe Ledley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under 5 weeks to go now.

I think D'Utd will find out their EL opponents this week.

How many pre-season games are clubs playing in the run up to the early start - I know we've got three first team games plus one against Accrington. Talk of a potential game against Ajax once the season is underway.
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This makes more sense than comparing him with a proven EPL quality player like Adam. Unfortunate for Liverpool that they have been reduced to this though.

I would have to question whether Adam is proven in the EPL - yes he did well last season but he still has the major shortcomings that will stop him short of reaching anything other than a fringe player at a top 6 club ... let's face it last year for Blackpool he took every role going apart from making the tea.;) If he makes that step up he will still need to improve to make any impact as those roles will go elsewhere.;)
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed.

He wasn't given the opportunity to show his ability at Rangers. At that time we were totally Ferguson-centric and he didn't get a look in in the central midfield.

That we failed to develop him doesn't change the fact that he has shown that quality since. Only a fool would deny that.

Pretty much nonsense - if Adam was 1/3 of the player he was he would have been given the chance to come through and shine - well he had the chances (nobody can deny that) and couldn't make the step up.

I feel Blackpool's fairytale season (where they still came up short) has blunted quite a lot of peoples judgement of some of those players who were set free by Holloway ... very surprised that you are of the opinion that Adam has improved so much that he should be starting in a top half EPL team.:eek:

He is mince ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liedown wrote: »
    He's a big star and will sell shirts in one of the biggest counterfeiting countries of goods in the world.

A wee chuckle needed here.

So Man Utd havent made any money from Ji Sung Park shirts?

I hope so.

Hope your right
  • Options
    DavielDaviel Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Pretty much nonsense - if Adam was 1/3 of the player he was he would have been given the chance to come through and shine - well he had the chances (nobody can deny that) and couldn't make the step up....

I can absolutely deny that. In terms of being a regular in CM, he just didn't get the chance. It was a closed shop.
    ... very surprised that you are of the opinion that Adam has improved so much that he should be starting in a top half EPL team.:eek:

I'm surprised you don't. I respect your opinion though......
    He is mince ...

....well, I respect your opinon up to a point. :p
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    The various forums seem to be mentioning Marlon Harewood and Hibs in the same sentence recently.

Maybe because of his connections, he played with O'Connor at Barnsley and obviously was with Calderwood at Newcastle.

He'd eat the SPL. Would be a great signing but unlikely to happen, infact very unlikely. Although O'Connor has taken a huge cut but he has come home.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlie Adam has been a standout in the best league in the world

:confused:

When did he start playing in the, La Liga then ! :rolleyes::p

I would have to question whether Adam is proven in the EPL -

A one season wonder ! £10m my arse !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The various forums seem to be mentioning Marlon Harewood and Hibs in the same sentence recently.

Maybe because of his connections, he played with O'Connor at Barnsley and obviously was with Calderwood at Newcastle.

He'd eat the SPL. Would be a great signing but unlikely to happen, infact very unlikely. Although O'Connor has taken a huge cut but he has come home.

Harewood is a shadow of the player he was for West Ham. I think he'll be as effective as Beattie will be this season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oooft personally i think that would be a very costly mistake for Hibs
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Harewood is a shadow of the player he was for West Ham. I think he'll be as effective as Beattie will be this season.

That comparison has been mentioned...
    Oooft personally i think that would be a very costly mistake for Hibs

I think it'd have to be a short term deal, 1 season perhaps like O'Connor because he'd be the type we can't afford to have injured. Although I think he still has it.

Hibs as a club need to be in the top 4, O'Hanlon said when he joined that our training facilities are better than what he had when he was at Everton. We also have a cracking stadium, best outwith the old firm. As a club I reckon we'd be a decent English Championship outfit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow's exclusive:

Neil Lennon agrees new contract with big pay rise.
This discussion has been closed.