Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

Comments

• Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laugh girl LAUGH, it was really funny.:D:D:D

Nope Michael Vaughan's jive was funny. They have to be self aware enough to know it's shit and do it anyway for it to be really funny. That was just Lisa Riley horrible.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Maybe they're lining Anton up for Bruce's role next time. KFG's there to step into the Brit who's Bad at Latin vacancy.:(

First and second on the jive step challenge :D
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sort of makes me ponder what would have happened if they'd paired him with Natalie - apart from her punching his lights out by mid afternoon Day 1 :D

He's really not very good, and he's here long term isn't he :(

Yep, he sure is.

Puts me in mind of the * bag for life* that supermarkets try to sell to us...... KFG is our pro for life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Haven't caught up on here yet but just want to pop in and say I was rather nauseated with Smug & TTF's performance outside their dances. Kevin's chest enough to put anyone off. I voted for Patrick though he's toast after that carp paso - music and dance totally against him. Really enjoyed Sophie's dances (both) for first time since her Charleston.

PLEASE someone tell me what the music was to Sophie's paso. It wasn't the Valkyries was it? Tchaikovsky? Can't for life of me remember and don't want to wade through out there looking for music thread. Ta.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Nope Michael Vaughan's jive was funny. They have to be self aware enough to know it's shit and do it anyway for it to be really funny. That was just Lisa Riley horrible.

You're just kind, the fact they don't know bugs you.

For me it's a bit of an added bonus:D:D:D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    peeve wrote: »
    Unappreciating that either Abbey or Natalie will probably join Patrick in the dance-off, despite the fact that Sophie and Susanna ought to be battling it out. Or, to be fair, Patrick and Susanna. But definitely Susanna. In my dreams. In the real world, she'll probably win the bloody thing. :(

Also unappreciating that I really liked Kevinfromsomewherenorthofwatford when he first started, but am liking him less and less the more he gurns, overdances his partner and shamelessly courts the geek vote. I blame the The Big Bang Theory...

I blame Spescavers and their range of Gok Wan glasses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Dianie wrote: »
    Haven't caught up on here yet but just want to pop in and say I was rather nauseated with Smug & TTF's performance outside their dances. Kevin's chest enough to put anyone off. I voted for Patrick though he's toast after that carp paso - music and dance totally against him. Really enjoyed Sophie's dances (both) for first time since her Charleston.

PLEASE someone tell me what the music was to Sophie's paso. It wasn't the Valkyries was it? Tchaikovsky? Can't for life of me remember and don't want to wade through out there looking for music thread. Ta.

It's from the ballet Romeo and Juliet - Montagues and Capulets.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Maybe they're lining Anton up for Bruce's role next time. KFG's there to step into the Brit who's Bad at Latin vacancy.:(

Did you see that foxtrot and QS, he's rubbish at ballroom as well, I'd hazard a guess he wouldn't be much cop at standing on the stairs saluting either - although he's probably oversalute
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're just kind, the fact they don't know bugs you.

For me it's a bit of an added bonus:D:D:D

Fairy nuff. ;-)
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dianie wrote: »

Prokofiev ...... Dance of the Knights, from Romeo and Juliet
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see that foxtrot and QS, he's rubbish at ballroom as well, I'd hazard a guess he wouldn't be much cop at standing on the stairs saluting either - although he's probably oversalute

Fred Scuttle ;-)
  • Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    Unappreciating that either Abbey or Natalie will probably join Patrick in the dance-off, despite the fact that Sophie and Susanna ought to be battling it out. Or, to be fair, Patrick and Susanna. But definitely Susanna. In my dreams. In the real world, she'll probably win the bloody thing. :(

Also unappreciating that I really liked Kevinfromsomewherenorthofwatford when he first started, but am liking him less and less the more he gurns, overdances his partner and shamelessly courts the geek vote. I blame the The Big Bang Theory...

Oh, thank goodness. I thought it was just me.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lateone wrote: »

Most of us on here have disliked/laughed at/thought he massively over dances since the start. :p
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Fred Scuttle ;-)

Cruel, but apt:D:D:D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    lateone wrote: »

Trust me, you are not alone :D
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If he oversalutes the same way as he overdances, he could take an eye out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    If he oversalutes the same way as he overdances, he could take an eye out!

I'm thinking no-one would notice. I doubt there'd be a trouser ripple. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    If Karen or Iveta had choreographed that pogo-ing Salsa for Dave or Mark at this stage in the competition, people would have been screaming about comedy contestants but, somehow, Kevin and Susanna have passed as credible. Kevin's choreography always comes across to me as a pastiche of whatever routine it is meant to be, as evinced by the Benidorm Paso (can't take the credit for that phrase, as someone else on this thread came up with it).
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I'm thinking no-one would notice. I doubt there'd be a trouser ripple. :p

Harsh but accurate as always Alli! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    For all the non-fans of TTF, I would just like to confess that I am, in fact, Vladimir Putin, and if he and Susanna win I will be nuking Grimsby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all the non-fans of TTF, I would just like to confess that I am, in fact, Vladimir Putin, and if he and Susanna win I will be nuking Grimsby.

Can you make sure they've gone home to meet his mum & dad first? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    Harsh but accurate as always Alli! :D

:blush::D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

how will we know its been done???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how will we know its been done???

No fishfingers in Iceland. ;-)
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I will award you a knighthood or damehood (if you're a woman) for services to DOTS everywhere if you do this. :D:D
This discussion has been closed.