Options

Gillian's Husband.

Comments

• Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    I wanna see 'Celebrity Wife Swap' with the McKeiths & Ryders..... cant see Mr McKeith going for it somehow .
    Ooh, that would be eminently watchable - although as I have doubts that Mr Gillian actually exists, poor Mrs Ryder might not have anyone to swap with. I am still living in hope that the elusive Mr Gillian will be featured (with photographic evidence) in Dr Shitfinger's exclusive interview with the NOTW on Sunday. Until then, all bets are off.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    A bit more info here:

SCOTS TV diet guru Gillian McKeith ran a health-food empire in America which crashed owing thousands of dollars.

The firm, run with her husband, folded eight years ago leaving behind a trail of debt.

Dr McKeith, tough-talking star of Channel 4's You Are What You Eat, was a boss of health-food chain Mrs Emm's.

The company was set up in the 1970s by the family of her husband, Howard Magaziner.

He became company president and oversaw annual profits of pounds 2million at the firm's height.

Magaziner brought in Perth-born Dr McKeith as a PR advisor and vice-president of the chain.

But it hit hard times and filed for bankruptcy in 1996 owing $117,000 (pounds 70,000).

The revelation comes after she was accused last week of obtaining her PhD in "holistic nutrition" via a postal course at a backwater US college.

Viewers have watched her condemn unhealthy eating patterns and show people how to eat less junk food.

American legal records show the bankruptcy was filed at the Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Court in Philadelphia in March 1996.

The business was started after Magaziner's mother, who was seriously ill, was treated with large doses of vitamins that she believed helped her to recover.

She and her family took around pounds 5,000 and opened their first health food store.

Health-fanatic Magaziner was just 18 when he opened his first Mrs Emm's store in Philadelphia. The company went on to own eight in total - six in Pennsylvania and two in neighbouring New Jersey.

Magaziner, the son of a pharmacist, met McKeith, 45, when they were both students at Edinburgh University. McKeith gained a BA from the Faculty of Arts in 1981.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    I would imagine it very much depends on how much money is being offered.

thinking about it.... I dont think any amount of money could persuade Shaun to spend a week with that nutter :D
    Ooh, that would be eminently watchable - although as I have doubts that Mr Gillian actually exists, poor Mrs Ryder might not have anyone to swap with. I am still living in hope that the elusive Mr Gillian will be featured (with photographic evidence) in Dr Shitfinger's exclusive interview with the NOTW on Sunday. Until then, all bets are off.

knew you would like that idea Alfie :D:D ..... I think it would end with Shaun drowning her in a bath of Quinoa :o:o
  • Options
    chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Crikey !! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ To fefsters' post above
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chebby wrote: »
    Crikey !! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ To fefsters' post above

Crikey indeed - she has a REAL degree?????????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    knew you would like that idea Alfie :D:D ..... I think it would end with Shaun drowning her in a bath of Quinoa :o:o

And for that reason alone, I would watch it! Come on TV executives lurking on DS, sign up the Ryders and the McKeiths - it could be a combination of Celebrity Life Swap and Celebrity Death Match.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey indeed - she has a REAL degree?????????

She has a BA in Linguistics and a Masters in International Relations - both real degrees. She doesn't have any scientific or nutritional qualifications other than those she paid for from correspondence courses from non accredited US 'diploma mill' colleges.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    She has a BA in Linguistics and a Masters in International Relations - both real degrees. She doesn't have any scientific or nutritional qualifications other than those she paid for from correspondence courses from non accredited US 'diploma mill' colleges.
    I wonder why she chose to follow a career path in nutrition - it doesn't look as if that was her original intention with those degrees. But there's lots of money to be made in the diet industry, with people willing to pay heaps of money for a wonder potion that makes ridiculous claims for instant weight loss - sadly though, Dr Shitfinger's 'slim while you sleep' formula was taken off the market in 2009.

NHS nutrition expert Lucy Jones, a member of the British Dietetic Association, declared: 'There is no magic pill, powder, potion, formula, supplement or anything else that is going to make you magically lose weight overnight and keep it off.'
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna see 'Celebrity Wife Swap' with the McKeiths & Ryders..... cant see Mr McKeith going for it somehow .

i would so watch that.

How about Holiday Showdown with the families? The Ryders could join the McKeiths on their annual health and vitality break in the energy vortex. The activities include yoga, intestinal massage, colonics and sh*t examination. Then they swap places and the McKeiths joung the Ryders 'avin it large in Ibiza. Cue shots of Gillian wearing a back to front baseball cap, fluorescent jacket and silver leggigs blowing a whistle and shouting 'oi oi' whilst the entire crowd in Space just look like this :eek: at her.

Who wouldn't want to see that?
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    i would so watch that.

How about Holiday Showdown with the families? The Ryders could join the McKeiths on their annual health and vitality break in the energy vortex. The activities include yoga, intestinal massage, colonics and sh*t examination. Then they swap places and the McKeiths joung the Ryders 'avin it large in Ibiza. Cue shots of Gillian wearing a back to front baseball cap, fluorescent jacket and silver leggigs blowing a whistle and shouting 'oi oi' whilst the entire crowd in Space just look like this :eek: at her.

I know I would :D:D
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could put either of those on Pay to View - I'd pay! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    They could put either of those on Pay to View - I'd pay! :D

God me too !!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    i would so watch that.

I love that idea! The very thought of Dr Shitfingers 'avin it large is awesome. And Shaun having colonic irrigation and eating quinoa by the bucketful - :D:D:D It has to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about a food based one - "Come Whine With Me "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or "Changing Wombs" - cos she can't decide whether she's pregnant or menstruating. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about a food based one - "Come Whine With Me "
    Or a Mckeith special version of How Clean Is Your Colon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why she chose to follow a career path in nutrition - it doesn't look as if that was her original intention with those degrees. But there's lots of money to be made in the diet industry, with people willing to pay heaps of money for a wonder potion that makes ridiculous claims for instant weight loss - sadly though, Dr Shitfinger's 'slim while you sleep' formula was taken off the market in 2009.

NHS nutrition expert Lucy Jones, a member of the British Dietetic Association, declared: 'There is no magic pill, powder, potion, formula, supplement or anything else that is going to make you magically lose weight overnight and keep it off.'

She apparently met Mr Howard Magaziner when they were both at university in Edinburgh (to which he must have had to travel by ship what with being plane phobic).
    Howard is the son of a pharmacist and has a brother Allan who is a doctor and osteopath who runs the "Magaziner Wellness Clinic" in New Jersey. They also seem to have run the health stores as in the post above, Mrs Emms (presumably named after Mrs Magaziner). From there on, daughter in law Gillian must have got the nutrition bug and the rest is history.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or "Changing Wombs" - cos she can't decide whether she's pregnant or menstruating. :D
    The Sample Life - instead of The Simple Life, where Gilly travels the globe persuading z-list celebrities to provide her with a bit of their poo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could bring back that 50s classic "Truth or Consequences".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as she doesn't do How To Look good Naked......*heaves*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wants to be a Gillianaire?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who wants to be a Gillianaire?
    Oh good one! *applauds* :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In view of Gillian's stashing habits how about a remake of that classic film "How Green Was My Fanny"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as she doesn't do How To Look good Naked......*heaves*

And I will make a killing selling Eye Bleach.....
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex and The Sh*tty

Where our Gill gets people to test her sexual aids for free in return for giving her a sample to poke about at