Options

Nandos runs out of chicken. Diner "inconsolable".

2»

Comments

• Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    This can easily happen if there is an sudden increase in demand above the average.

I worked in a bank that temporary ran out of money
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    How very 1970s! I don't think they do those any more.

Some still do. I travel quite a lot and often eat at pubs, though I tend to try and find ones that have had good reviews and have menus on their website.

Unfortunately, my work phone contract was changed recently and has an adult content blocker on it. Apparently, pub websites count as adult content and get blocked! This means I either have to take my own phone or rely on pot luck. See, this is why many people are against such filters being imposed on everyone. They're already expanding the blocking to cover things that were not originally intended.

Some pubs in this country are definitely still in the 1970s. Far too many seem to think that chips are one of your five-a-day and therefore should be mandatory with every meal.
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    By demand exceeding stock.

Chicken stock ;)
  • Options
    bigtunesbigtunes Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Snip...
    Some pubs in this country are definitely still in the 1970s. Far too many seem to think that chips are one of your five-a-day and therefore should be mandatory with every meal.

That or salad with everything.

Went to a pub in Edinburgh and thought I'd have the haggis, neeps & tatties with a whisky sauce. Came out in one of those big shallow bowl things, with salad arranged around it!
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigtunes wrote: »
    That or salad with everything.

Went to a pub in Edinburgh and thought I'd have the haggis, neeps & tatties with a whisky sauce. Came out in one of those big shallow bowl things, with salad arranged around it!

We once had fish and chips in a fish and chip restaurant that came with a side salad. What an outrage, fish and chips should come with mushy peas and a couple of slices of white bread and butter, not salad!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    How very 1970s! I don't think they do those any more.

They do. They now just chuck a load of herbs and spices on the chicken, offer up some lame-assed sauce, put on their best Manuel accent and then charge you five times the price.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    redrose89 wrote: »
    How does a chicken restaurant run out of chicken?

Cluck knows but I hope they get a roasting for it.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cluck knows but I hope they get a roasting for it.
    It won't be easy if some of their customers have a bone to pick with them but I think the restaurant will somehow pullet off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    It won't be easy if some of their customers have a bone to pick with them but I think the restaurant will somehow pullet off.

The punters should go and hook up with Magaluf Girl and go for a KFC. After they've had the leg and the breast, they will be left with a smelly box to stick their bones in.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you people think tweeters have a sense of irony too? No need to roast them with your poultry humour and fowl puns. :kitty:
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When it gets far busier than can be expected based on previous sales and current predictions.

There clientele may be stunned, furious or inconsolable at the lack of chicken personally I am just embarrassed that the British media class this as bloody news.
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of that story The Daily Mail had around Christmas last year, when a Muslim girl was "inconsolable" just because they had accidentally served her non-halal meat, or something like that. She said she was psyhically sick and upset, or something like that. Three words. Get. Over. Yourself. Honestly, some people!
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    I went to KFC not too long ago and waited for about 10 minutes to be served. Woman eventually comes over the speaker thing and said "before I take your order we've got no chicken on the bone" . Started to order what I wanted (which wasn't on the bone) when she interrupted with "or off the bone". Why not just say you have no chicken, not let me get through half my order before telling me lol.

I just went to BK instead.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    I was at a McDonalds once and they didn't have any fries for about 10 minutes. Should I sue?

I once phoned Pizza Hut and started to order and the girl said 'I'm sorry but we have no pizza bases'. I said, can't you just make another? :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    My husband once called at Burger King on his way back home from dropping me off in town. He wanted a bacon double cheeseburger, fries and a strawberry milkshake. Alas, he was told they had 'run out of food' and the milkshake machine was 'broken'. This was at 3pm so not even late at night. Cowboys.
    I don't go to BK often but have their milkshake machines ever worked?
    Everytime i've asked they've not been available. That's over a period of several years.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'inconsolable' person needs to take a long, hard look at their life.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I once phoned Pizza Hut and started to order and the girl said 'I'm sorry but we have no pizza bases'. I said, can't you just make another? :D
    Next you'll be expecting the supermarket baker to defrost the fresh bread before he shoves it in the oven. Honestly, some people.