Options

Deadpool (2016)

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it and yes everything from the Beginning credits, right through to the post credit scenes was bizarre & unique but also comical throughout. I will no doubt give it another watch before it gets taken off, but will look forward to the Blu-ray. :D

I'm also looking forward to the director's cut Blu-ray. I imagine there's probably enough there to make an almost entirely new cut of the film.

I'm actually due to see it again on monday. I'd promised a mate i'd wait to see it with him but I couldn't wait :)
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What else can be said that hasn't been said already, absolutely superb from start to finish

Gags and action came thick and fast, and all due credit to Ryan Reynolds as he has more than made up for the Green Lantern disaster

Can see why Pool Dead ;) is so popular and I have to say I am firmly on the DP wagon now and can't wait for any potential sequel

Definitely something I would want to watch again before it leaves the cinema

9/10 from me and next up it's Dawn of Justice, bring it on and hopefully that will be as good as this film was
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking the sound of this :)
    Fox is betting that audiences will not get a load of Deadpool when the movie opens this weekend but will immediately want more, which is why the studio is already working on a sequel.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote Deadpool, are writing the script for a follow-up, which has already been greenlighted, insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The fact that a sequel is in the works should not be a surprise at this point. Deadpool is tracking to open to at least $65 million over the upcoming four-day holiday weekend, with some estimates pointing north of $70 million.

Tim Miller directed Deadpool and although is he has not signed on to helm the sequel, Fox is intent on keeping the creative team together.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-sequel-works-863418

Boxofficemojo have the film budgeted at $58 million, which I guess is fairly tiny in today's terms, so I can't see it having too much trouble turning a profit.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it. Loved it. Sequel now please
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Hehe Betty White review of Deadpool - http://comicbook.com/2016/02/11/betty-white-reviews-deadpool/

I did enjoy the film, as it really love story ;) I think it is Ryan Reynolds' best film! Love how he take mickeys of himself in the film, and involves some well known people ;)

the actions was good, (you can see some CGI but very little) But Colossus's face was too much CGI!

Good villains. SAID MY NAME!

I was biggest grin about friend Bob ;)

Opening scene with title credits was so brilliant and funny! Stay to the end of end credits.

At some moments I did laughs, and that Deadpool Vs Colossus :D
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Going to see this at 9.15. Looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    kelly_barnardkelly_barnard Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it today. It was fantastic!

Even if you are not a big fan of the x-men movies this movie is still worth a watch.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really funny and smart film, I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me and the missus really enjoyed it. She's getting a bit fatigued of comic book movies but this was light hearted and fresh enough to hopefully spark some more interest in them as there's over 20 more on the 'to see' list by 2020.
  • Options
    MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Me and the missus really enjoyed it. She's getting a bit fatigued of comic book movies but this was light hearted and fresh enough to hopefully spark some more interest in them as there's over 20 more on the 'to see' list by 2020.

I'd be filing for divorce :D
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First comic-book/superhero movie i've watched since the last x-men film. Thought it was excellent; a great tonic the overly serious, self important Marvel stuff of recent times.

My favourite line was him describing how he got the film made :D:D
    Polvervine :D:D:D
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see this on Wednesday morning. Not exactly the time for movie going but, I was looking forward to this for months. I laughed from beginning to end, more than many supposed comedies. It's meant to be funny,smart and very very rude. I absolutely loved it. I'm not a fanboy, I'm a almost 50 year old woman who got the 80's references obvs but, enjoyed the complete joy that Ryan Reynolds obviously had making this. It's getting some very sniffy reviews. Not everyone likes their Marvel - avengers seriously up themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moleskin wrote: »
    I'd be filing for divorce :D

That's harsh :) it sounds worse than it is. 6 of those are this year alone and that's not including Deadpool

Batman v Superman
    Capt America: Civil War
    X-Men: Apocolypse
    Suicide Squad
    Doctor Strange
    Gambit

It's not that much really :) Like it averages out at 1 every 7 weeks (not including rewatches)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW !

Deadpool pulls in $47.5 million in the opening weekend alone !

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=deadpool2016.htm

A $60 million worldwide gross after only a couple of days means it's got to be an absolute certainty to make a significant profit on it's $58 million budget.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    That's harsh :) it sounds worse than it is. 6 of those are this year alone and that's not including Deadpool

Batman v Superman
    Capt America: Civil War
    X-Men: Apocolypse
    Suicide Squad
    Doctor Strange
    Gambit

It's not that much really :) Like it averages out at 1 every 7 weeks (not including rewatches)

I never realised that Dr Strange was out this year too! 😱

Loved Deadpool and it was definitely distinct enough not to be a formulaic superhero type movie.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So for release dates as they currently stand

Batman Dawn for Justice - March 25th (Good Friday)
    Captain America Civil War - April 29th
    X-Men Apocalypse - 19th May
    Suicide Squad - 5th August
    Doctor Strange - 28th October
    Gambit - TBA

Going to be an expensive few months for Comic Book films, let alone other films coming out.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So for release dates as they currently stand

Batman Dawn for Justice - March 25th (Good Friday)
    Captain America Civil War - April 29th
    X-Men Apocalypse - 19th May
    Suicide Squad - 5th August
    Doctor Strange - 28th October
    Gambit - TBA

Going to be an expensive few months for Comic Book films, let alone other films coming out.

Has Gambit even started filming yet?
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Has Gambit even started filming yet?

No but have just found this which is conflicting to other reports that the film will be released in 2017 and that Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Edge Of Tomorrow) will be directing it.

http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/x-men-origins-gambit-updates-channing-tatum-goes-gambit-in-2016/8256.htm
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but have just found this which is conflicting to other reports that the film will be released in 2017 and that Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Edge Of Tomorrow) will be directing it.

http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/x-men-origins-gambit-updates-channing-tatum-goes-gambit-in-2016/8256.htm

Thanks. Just hadn't heard anything. Still not sure about Channing. I really hope they're not going to call it X-Men: Origins - Gambit. (Although I did like the Gambit in X-Men: Origins - Wolverine.)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Deadpool was trying too hard to be clever 6/10 - after a while, all the references, even basil fawlty, got on my nerves....opening credits, was the high point for me, as was Morena Baccarin - bridge scene went on forever - becoming a mutant bored me - final set piece, was your normal superhero ending - did like the end of credits scene, where nothing really happened.

All the hype for this film, has been much better, than the actual film.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It seems that they may have under estimated the opening US box office as it made $47.5m on the opening Friday alone so it's looking now that it's going make $130m opening weekend or more in America based on current estimates which would break the record for the biggest opening for an R rated film!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's fantastic news. It's already moved in to profit after just two days on general release.

I can see them officially announcing the sequel soon (even though it's unofficially happening apparently)
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,550
    Forum Member
    I can see them officially announcing the sequel soon (even though it's unofficially happening apparently)

I just hope that they keep the sequel a 'small' film like this one and don't use the success of this one to splash £200m on it!