Options

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - Sky One - 21st of Match.

Comments

• Options
    rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing to stop you watching downloaded content on a "proper telly" using a bit of extra kit:

For example: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/229961

Although many new TVs have this functionality built-in now.

Quality is often as good as, if not better than that available through conventional broadcast sources.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't record the last episode as was expecting to see it on anytme this morning but no sign of it :mad:
    They always have season finales of the big shows, really dissapointed they couldn't be bothered to have this on.
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    Didn't record the last episode as was expecting to see it on anytme this morning but no sign of it :mad:
    They always have season finales of the big shows, really dissapointed they couldn't be bothered to have this on.

I think its repeated on Friday night on Sky1 at about 10:30pm. Don't miss it. Its a cracker!
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Presumably via the internet? Surely that's only going to be a relatively small minority of the general viewing population though isn't it?

Call me old fashioned, but I like to watch my favourite shows the way god intended. On a proper telly, broadcast by a UK TV company, not on some little computer screen via a dodgy internet feed, even if it means waiting a few weeks longer! :)

Never watched a single US aquired programme on a computer screen - I watch them on my nice big 50" in HD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    I like to watch my favourite shows the way god intended. On a proper telly, broadcast by a UK TV company, not on some little computer screen

That "proper telly" wouldn't happen to be black and white perchance ?

I've never heard anyone describe our 50" Plasma as a "little screen" but to each there own:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its repeated on Friday night on Sky1 at about 10:30pm. Don't miss it. Its a cracker!

Yeah have added it to my planner.

Its annoying as most other sky shows season finales are always on anytime, seems sky are giving preference to atlantic rather then SKY1.

Had a lot to record last night so left out sparticas as was expecting that to be on anytime 100%, whats more annoying was two of the shows I recorded have ended up on anytime, sods law.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Call me old fashioned, but I like to watch my favourite shows the way god intended. On a proper telly, broadcast by a UK TV company, not on some little computer screen via a dodgy internet feed, even if it means waiting a few weeks longer! :)

Maybe it's your telly thats old fashioned:D
    Mine can act as a pc monitor or I can put a downloaded video file onto a memory stick and plug that into my telly's USB port - it understands AVI,WMV and MKV amongst others.

That way I usually avoid adverts too - which is nice:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Methos_343 wrote: »
    That "proper telly" wouldn't happen to be black and white perchance ?

I've never heard anyone describe our 50" Plasma as a "little screen" but to each there own:D

Not quite black and white, but I guess I'm a bit behind on all this new fangled technology! :)
  • Options
    SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite black and white, but I guess I'm a bit behind on all this new fangled technology! :)

Maybe so...
    Presumably via the internet? Surely that's only going to be a relatively small minority of the general viewing population though isn't it?

Call me old fashioned, but I like to watch my favourite shows the way god intended. On a proper telly, broadcast by a UK TV company, not on some little computer screen via a dodgy internet feed, even if it means waiting a few weeks longer! :)

...but don't let that stop you being condescending!!

Like others have said, I too watch mine on a large LCD screen at 720p and Dolby Digital! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

I think it's hilarious that some people still seem to think that's how it works. It's like you actually believe that FACT advert on the start of DVDs where they show someone struggling to watch something in ridiculously low quality on a laptop as it falls off the sofa, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious that some people still seem to think that's how it works. It's like you actually believe that FACT advert on the start of DVDs where they show someone struggling to watch something in ridiculously low quality on a laptop as it falls off the sofa, lol.

OK, I bow to everyone else's superior techno knowledge, and I'm glad that I've given you all a good old chuckle. But please educate me. If for example I wanted to watch a high quality broadcast of the next series of Spartacus before it gets shown on UK TV, how would I go about it?
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, I bow to everyone else's superior techno knowledge, and I'm glad that I've given you all a good old chuckle. But please educate me. If for example I wanted to watch a high quality broadcast of the next series of Spartacus before it gets shown on UK TV, how would I go about it?

I'm afraid we're not allowed to discuss that on DS - its like Andrew Marr's affair - everyone knows, but no-one is allowed to say they know.
    Still I'm sure Google will throw up some clues...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'm afraid we're not allowed to discuss that on DS - its like Andrew Marr's affair - everyone knows, but no-one is allowed to say they know.
    Still I'm sure Google will throw up some clues...

Well not quite everyone knows. Me for example!

Anyway, why can't it be discussed? Is it illegal?

And if it is illegal is it really worth breaking the law just so that you can watch a program (albeit on a proper big telly :rolleyes:) a few weeks earlier than everyone else?
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HA! I'm not falling for THAT.

Just checked out your profile and you're a member of the NIA (National Intelligence Agency). You're just fishing for perportrators of illegal activity. One wrong word type in a reply and you'll have the cops will be banging down my door. :eek:

So let me just say, downloading is bad and naughty and illegal. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minor point of law - non-commercial downloading is a breach of civil law not criminal law so it is a tort rather than a crime.
  • Options
    Sarah489Sarah489 Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Is Blood and Sand the carry on from Gods of the Arena? I know Blood and Sand has been shown before on TV, but I never had Sky at the time when it was first broadcast.
  • Options
    petestanpetestan Posts: 3,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blood and Sand was shown first and Gods of the Arena was a prequel.

It came about because the guy who plays Spartacus (Andy Whitfield) was dignosed with cancer after filming of Blood and Sand ended so the idea was to give him time to recover so he could continue in the role by doing a prequel. So Gods was filmed and shown after but based on what happened before.

I highly recommend you watch it.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    It was a sad reason for this prequel to be Made, with Andy Whitfield's illness...but so pleased it was.
    We now need a Prequel to the Prequel.:cool:

And what a Bloody end to this season it was.... very clever how Gannicus {the way he killed that last man.:)} survived as he wasn't in Season One...and Ashur's limp explained.:eek:

But the Slave/Servant who was caught this week....:(
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,988
    Forum Member
    I'm glad that Gannicus survived and never confessed about his affair. No doubt he fought and bonked his way through the empire!! :D
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I'm glad that Gannicus survived and never confessed about his affair. No doubt he fought and bonked his way through the empire!! :D

He joins up with Spartacus
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^spoiler alert !!!
  • Options
    SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^spoiler alert !!!

Huh? :confused:
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    very clever how Gannicus {the way he killed that last man.:)} survived as he wasn't in Season One...
    Yes... One of the things I liked about the first series was often not knowing who would win the fights. With this series we knew at least some people would survive, but they still kept plenty of surprises.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SonyJunkie wrote: »
    Huh? :confused:

Ther joining up with Spartacus bit, isn't that a spoiler ?! I don't remember it happening in Spartacus S1. :confused:
  • Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Ther joining up with Spartacus bit, isn't that a spoiler ?! I don't remember it happening in Spartacus S1. :confused:

Is it considered a spoiler if it's actual history?