Options

Are the Beckham children too exposed to the media?

Comments

• Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CMK29 wrote: »
    I see the DM are reporting that VB is having her tattoos removed. Apparently they don't suit the image that she's trying to project as serious fashion designer. I suppose it's just a coincidence that the ones she's having removed relate to her husband and their marriage.... ;-)

Why doesn't she try going to fashion college, maybe that might help her image as a 'serious fashion designer', whilst Stella had the Macartney name to boost her career she did at least learn her craft by attending St Martins college to study fashion. I don't no why she takes all the applause at her fashion shows when it's a team of designers that do all the real work, ie design the clothes! VB has admitted she doesn't even draw, she just tries on the finished designs at her studio and selects the ones she wants in 'her' collection. Like many celebs before her she's the 'face' of a brand, much like Elizabeth Taylor and her White Diamonds perfume, I think VB is quite misleading in that she isn't more open about her actual input in her fashion business.
  • Options
    CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Why doesn't she try going to fashion college, maybe that might help her image as a 'serious fashion designer', whilst Stella had the Macartney name to boost her career she did at least learn her craft by attending St Martins college to study fashion. I don't no why she takes all the applause at her fashion shows when it's a team of designers that do all the real work, ie design the clothes! VB has admitted she doesn't even draw, she just tries on the finished designs at her studio and selects the ones she wants in 'her' collection. Like many celebs before her she's the 'face' of a brand, much like Elizabeth Taylor and her White Diamonds perfume, I think VB is quite misleading in that she isn't more open about her actual input in her fashion business.

Exactly - she's misleading people. And as beautiful as the clothes are - and I understand they are well made - she deserves absolutely no respect in the fashion world. She pulled a long con - kind of like she did with her 'music' career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CMK29 wrote: »
    Exactly - she's misleading people. And as beautiful as the clothes are - and I understand they are well made - she deserves absolutely no respect in the fashion world. She pulled a long con - kind of like she did with her 'music' career.

Simon Fuller invested a lot of money in the VB clothing range, he knows 'Brand Beckham' sells, he seems to be something of a Svengali in both David and Victoria's lives, they've both been a real cash cow for him and he's the real financial brains behind the Beckhams.
    I like elegant, understated designs but I find a lot of the VB collection just too plain, her clothes either seem really tight and make a size 6 model look like she's got paunch or they're way too baggy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be a thing for pop singers to play at fashion designers, I've just seen Kanye West's clothing collection, it's a shocker!😵
  • Options
    A Bad ThrillerA Bad Thriller Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Wow. It seems all family members are up for ridicule by association.

A 16 year and children aren't exactly suitable target practices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. It seems all family members are up for ridicule by association.

A 16 year and children aren't exactly suitable target practices.

Which is exactly why any sensible celebrity with half a brain would guard their kid's privacy and not expose them to public scrutiny.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    What the hell is the Daily Mail doing splashing a paparazzi picture of a four year old all over their front pages?

There are supposed to be rules about how pics of children are used by the Papers and this is clearly inappropriate and an invasion of the child's privacy.

I hope the Beckhams complain to the PCC.

The DM used to do this all the time to Suri Cruise. It seemed at one stage that there wasn't a day went by without an article about her. I eventually complained myself to the PCC as I thought it was totally inappropriate to be constantly stalking a little girl. They said that the parents had to make the complaint themselves, but I did notice that the DM seemed to stop going after her quite so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which is exactly why any sensible celebrity with half a brain would guard their kid's privacy and not expose them to public scrutiny.

Are you well? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you well? :D

Yeah, great, just got back from a week in Corfu, and you? 😎
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ENTIRE Beckham family are TOO EXPOSED.
    Sick of seeing them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, great, just got back from a week in Corfu, and you? 😎

Haha that reminds me of a KUA gag with the Bucket woman where she wanted a new car!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brooklyn has a girlfriend now. Confirmed by David Beckham.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why on earth did David Beckham think the world would be interested? This just shows how over-exposed the family is.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, like "confirmed by David" almost sounds like his publicist is called David and responded to media requests for information.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who bl00dy well cares?!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    His teen fan base I reckon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, like "confirmed by David" almost sounds like his publicist is called David and responded to media requests for information.

Jeez why doesn't David just tell the media his teenage son's love life is private for goodness sake, what next, confirmation that Brooklyn is no longer a virgin, poor kid!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David has told the public also that "one of his sons" no longer wants to play football due to people being negative because he isn't as "good as his Dad."

I think that making a 16 year old you have not met feel that way is creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David has told the public also that "one of his sons" no longer wants to play football due to people being negative because he isn't as "good as his Dad."

Perhaps if they'd kept their children's lives private then nobody would have been aware that 'one of his sons' wanted to be a footballer in the first place. Parading your children around in public like they have is 'creepy.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Perhaps if they'd kept their children's lives private then nobody would have been aware that 'one of his sons' wanted to be a footballer in the first place. Parading your children around in public like they have is 'creepy.'

Justifying your meaness. Two "wrongs" dont make a right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Justifying your meaness. Two "wrongs" dont make a right.

My meanness? :confused::confused: Please explain.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member

What makes you think it's Brooklyn?

Also any child of a famous sports personality will always get compared . If you are well balanced and mentally strong then it inspires you . Look at the Manning family in American football , 2 generations of world class players .
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez why doesn't David just tell the media his teenage son's love life is private for goodness sake, what next, confirmation that Brooklyn is no longer a virgin, poor kid!

I don't doubt for a minute there will eventually be talk of his sex life, they seem the type who'd try to be the "cool parents" and discuss that stuff publicly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't doubt for a minute there will eventually be talk of his sex life, they seem the type who'd try to be the "cool parents" and discuss that stuff publicly.

Please no! How we all cringed when Coleen Nolan opened her gob about her teenage son's love life :o
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    Fame-hungry media ****, just like their parents.

Perhaps you could give an example when as children these kids have courted the media deliberately ? or do you call paps following them and trying to catch their every move if out and about them being fame hungry media **** ? What should the Beckhams do to change your mind keep their children locked up ?