Options

Midsomer Murders

Comments

• Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Cross with myself I missed this. Does anyone know if there's a repeat? It's not on itvplayer and I can't find any info on the itv site.
    Thanks.
    Ohh ffs I missed this, and wasn't aware it was going to be on. Shame because ITV have a silly rule about MSM not been on the player.

Has anyone any knowledge of a repeat, please?
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be repeated, eventually, but not yet! They repeat all the episodes at some stage - ad infinitum! Today they are repeating the very first one!
  • Options
    PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During one of the, many, advert breakthey showed one of the home energy adverts with the same guy who was playing the "other" Barnaby.

Wife had missed start of adverts and thought it was part of the plot!
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    It will be repeated, eventually, but not yet! They repeat all the episodes at some stage - ad infinitum! Today they are repeating the very first one!

Shame, I missed that!:mad: It was the best ep imo. The plots get ever more bizarre.......
    :confused::confused::confused:
    I loved Neil Dudgeon in it - the relationship between him and Barnaby was good. Pity they won't both be in it together in future!
    Personally, I think it's long long past its sell-by date.
  • Options
    GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the new Barnaby - I can really see that working.

I will suspend quite a lot of belief for this wonderful show but even I thought the leap Barnaby made to understand about the 'heir pact' was just impossible to make. There was nothing that he learnt that really justified him coming up with that idea!
    I can understand him pin pointing the carer because there really wasn't anyone else it could be - but how he 'guessed' the heir thing - well it came out of nowhere!

The funniest parts where when the mayor (bloke off corrie) was in his office being interviewed and you could see the official photo of him on the wall behind. He was preening like a right berk in the photo and it contrasted brilliantly with his seedy shenanigans. Brilliant acting by the corrie bloke. Played the part perfectly.
    It did look like the whole cast had a real blast in this episode! - even if it was a bit more far fetched than normal!
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »

Aye, I know. Just sometimes you get a current repeat three days later at 2 a.m., that sort of thing. Eheu.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    They obviously just chopped off the actress's head and put it there for realism. Simples.

:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    If John Nettles is currently filming his last series I would hazard a guess there will be a Christmas special in 2011 which is when Neil Dudgeon will take over permanently in a similar way to the Doctor Who switchover last Christmas

..........but without the regeneration:D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Well obviously :)

I meant in the sense of the changeover perhaps being an integral part of the story. Something along the lines of Tom Barnaby being badly injured by the murderer part way through and John Barnaby coming up to investigate and then at the end Tom decides to retire and John decides to stay on in Midsommer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member

Why don't they have an actual regeneration as Mark Gatiss who played the vicar does write Doctor Who and has appeared in it!

I always think of the 'Barnaby the Bear' song from the old children's programme when I watch the show.
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    How did they make it look like the head was on the table for that woman! The head made me jump when he flashed his torch.

If it wasn't a lifelike plastercine head, the actress would have knelt beneath what looked like the dressing table top and stuck her head through a hole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Charenton wrote: »
    If it wasn't a lifelike plastercine head, the actress would have knelt beneath what looked like the dressing table top and stuck her head through a hole.

imagine being the actress and trying not to pull a face when they filmed it
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think there's a new episode on tonight at 8pm
  • Options
    GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show.

They are showing older episodes on a Saturday now - not sure what time, it's either 1.05 or 3.05.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are showing older episodes on a Saturday now - not sure what time, it's either 1.05 or 3.05.

The Saturday episodes are at about 1PM (1:10 this coming Saturday).
  • Options
    Gareth56Gareth56 Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    i think there's a new episode on tonight at 8pm

Hasn't Barnaby now taken over from Frost in being the oldest copper in the country!
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gareth56 wrote: »
    Hasn't Barnaby now taken over from Frost in being the oldest copper in the country!

nah gene hunt must be older than both of them he was middle aged in the 70s ;)
  • Options
    Gareth56Gareth56 Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that in these little 'Midsomer 'villages when you call to report an intruder you get a CID inspector, sergeant and loads of uniforms straight away.

Down our way your lucky to get a plastic policeman calling round the next day!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love this programme but man, this ep is dull. I'm losing the will to live!
  • Options
    GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The older ones are better......

I used to love Troy
  • Options
    PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loubogroll wrote: »
    I used to love this programme but man, this ep is dull. I'm losing the will to live!

Wasn't it just? That woman Connie was dippy and annoying, in the old days she'd have been one of the first murdered.

It didn't gel at all, and two hours was far too long.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Wasn't it just? That woman Connie was dippy and annoying, in the old days she'd have been one of the first murdered.

It didn't gel at all, and two hours was far too long.

connie has survived several murders in badgers drift ,the murder capital of midsommer i think including the first ever one , the killing at badgers drift with the undertakers :DOo hang on im confusing her with the woman who babysat connies dog:o
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Barnaby tell us at the end how the "Handy Mann", was it Laurence, new who the killer was which resulted in his death? Or was he killed simply because he had a key to Connie's cottage?

If it was explained I missed it!
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good show last night, one of the better ones I think. I didn't for one minute think it would be that man. Had me hooked the whole way through.
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loubogroll wrote: »

I thought it was really good !!
    The older ones are better......

I used to love Troy

Same, the plots were more simple as well when Troy was in it, so we could actually keep up almost. It's such a shame Barnaby won't be in it much longer, he'll be missed. I do hope it will still be quite good though.