Options

EastEnders Shabnam Stacey *Spoiler*

Comments

• Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    :) it's ok, clearly there is something seriously lacking in there life if that's how they get a sense of self worth. I've made it very clear I can't spell and people often help me out on here if it's something really important to the topic. Others just continue the convocation which is awesome :)

I don't know about any convocations, but I often try to carry the CONVERSation.

:D - only teasing. Couldn't help it, you asked for that one
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -shakes fist- :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Honestly, never knew my spelling was so poor that people wouldn't know what I meant. Thank you! Really thank you oh wise one.

We know what you meant. It's still irritating to read. Perhaps now you'll spell 'lose' correctly in future though eh? you'll only have to hit four keys instead of five too. I'd call that a win for everyone. At least you thanked the grammar policeman ;-)
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I can't believe how unexpectedly well this friendship has gone so far. I liked Stacey's friendship with Danielle (should've never killed her off!!) in the past as well as her current one with Mick and Linda. I can't remember much about her friendship with Ruby Allen as there was a point in 2006 I wasn't watching the show. Old Shabnam was friends with Dawn and Carly but she left so soon that it wasn't explored a lot.

They could be a really good double act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm so sorry it irritates you. Must be really hard being irritated by something like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can't believe how unexpectedly well this friendship has gone so far. I liked Stacey's friendship with Danielle (should've never killed her off!!) in the past as well as her current one with Mick and Linda. I can't remember much about her friendship with Ruby Allen as there was a point in 2006 I wasn't watching the show. Old Shabnam was friends with Dawn and Carly but she left so soon that it wasn't explored a lot.

They could be a really good double act.
    They need more if that on the show. Everyone's got a best mate in life but they don't show it that much on the show. A bit of light relief.
  • Options
    CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    You try to help someone and this is the thanks you get :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this to get rid of good riddance of the main page. If you've not seen it it's a vile thread about Anne who's died. Sorry for interrupting.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to wonder what Shabnam actually did that it shocks Stacey! After all she's murdered someone, been in prison, had an affair with her husbands dad etc etc. But I guess it's because Sabnam seems so moral, it surprises her!

I like Shabnam's and Stacey's relationship. I have no real issues with Stacey apart from when she's with Max which causes involuntary cringing on my part!!! I also think Shabnam is an interesting character, so am quite looking forward to her big reveal.

I would imagine it's baby related as in paid to be a surrogate or something like that. I can't see why she would carry a newspaper article around with her if she'd done something really bad, why would she do that? Surely she'd want all evidence, inc newspaper stuff burried? So I'm wondering if the article is a mentioning of a birth and it's her child?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    You have to wonder what Shabnam actually did that it shocks Stacey! After all she's murdered someone, been in prison, had an affair with her husbands dad etc etc. But I guess it's because Sabnam seems so moral, it surprises her!

I like Shabnam's and Stacey's relationship. I have no real issues with Stacey apart from when she's with Max which causes involuntary cringing on my part!!! I also think Shabnam is an interesting character, so am quite looking forward to her big reveal.

I would imagine it's baby related as in paid to be a surrogate or something like that. I can't see why she would carry a newspaper article around with her if she'd done something really bad, why would she do that? Surely she'd want all evidence, inc newspaper stuff burried? So I'm wondering if the article is a mentioning of a birth and it's her child?
    I'm just glad they're trying to make her more human. They've given her some very Unlikeable traits when her father was with Denies .
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad they're trying to make her more human. They've given her some very Unlikeable traits when her father was with Denies .

I think they've done that quite well in the sense as other characters got to know her more, obviously so did we, so that quite hard and severe shell has started to crack and you're right we're getting to see a more human side to her. I didn't ike her much when she first returned, but she started to grow on me as time passed, due to this more human side.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope the secret is something memorable.

How about she was forced into an arranged marriage and that the bloke turned out to be a Islamic fanatic and whilst he was away fighting for the Taliban or IS she took her child and gave it to someone else to look after?

Then again this would require actual balls by the BBC and judging from their abject performance over Charlie Hebdo cartoons recently (along with all the rest of the British media) it will never happen.
  • Options
    JH84JH84 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Maybe the guy just used her for a kid and paid her off? In India and Pakistan, if a wife can't have a kid, some guys and his family will get him married to someone else, and once she's conceived and had a child, they throw her out?
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    JH84 wrote: »
    Maybe the guy just used her for a kid and paid her off? In India and Pakistan, if a wife can't have a kid, some guys and his family will get him married to someone else, and once she's conceived and had a child, they throw her out?

That sounds like it could be the answer.
    I was wondering if she could have slept with Dean in their previous stints and had his baby in Pakistan, then sold it out of desperation for money/shame. I've no idea if the timelines match up right or anything, but it'd tie the stories together well. It could explain how she's become more religious and straight laced, out of shame that she'd got pregnant from casual sex/by a non Muslim man?
  • Options
    JH84JH84 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »
    That sounds like it could be the answer.
    I was wondering if she could have slept with Dean in their previous stints and had his baby in Pakistan, then sold it out of desperation for money/shame. I've no idea if the timelines match up right or anything, but it'd tie the stories together well. It could explain how she's become more religious and straight laced, out of shame that she'd got pregnant from casual sex/by a non Muslim man?

That could be it too. I haven't paid too much attention to Shabnam and Dean's scenes recently to see how she acts around him, but didn't she make a comment about him when Stacey saw him and walked out the Vic and Shabnam brought up the Linda/Dean stuff? Although that could just be a casual remark.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Cant wait for this, plus I luv the friendship between Stacey and Shabs. :)
  • Options
    MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't believe the producers will allow stacey to be shocked by anything someone else may have done after she killed a man in cold blood and after she put herself in such a position that she goes to prison and leave her daughter to be looked after by all sorts, growing up without either parent. oh and after letting lovely Bradley meet his death unfairly, all because of her selfish actions. Stacey is the lowest of the low yet she is persistently being portrayed to be a saint. yuck.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    JH84 wrote: »
    That could be it too. I haven't paid too much attention to Shabnam and Dean's scenes recently to see how she acts around him, but didn't she make a comment about him when Stacey saw him and walked out the Vic and Shabnam brought up the Linda/Dean stuff? Although that could just be a casual remark.

Yeah, Stacey said something like he's not a nice man and Shabnam said she could have told her that. I wondered why she would say that, as far as I could remember they got on fine, so that got me wondering if something's going to be retconned as having gone on between them.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the Shabnam and Stacey friendship and how it allows us to see a different side of Shabnam. They're both great characters IMO.

It does seem to be something to do with a child. Surrogacy maybe? I'm looking forward to finding out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought it'd be she's left her arranged marriage
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member

Denise
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time the Masoods got in on the action. Shabnam is superb and I can't wait to see what the secret is .
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calfro wrote: »
    na, she never said "too loose" she did infact say "to lose".

In fact is two words:)
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and I love the Stacey and Shabnam friendship
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    The "too loose weight" comment in tonight's ep leads me to think she's had a sprog.

If it´s too loose she´ll have to try to lose it.