Options

How clean is your house?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO my house is clean and tidy except for teenage daughter's bedroom - I don't venture in there.

If you ask my eldest clean freak daughter she would say it's not clean enough and often points out stuff that needs doing - I tell her to get on with it then :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep mine clean and tidy as I have quite a lot of people who pop in on their way to or from town - which I like as I love visitors. I've got original victorian floorboards and rugs and the tumbleweed around the edges seems to gather overnight so that's my worst chore :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Ours is so clean that we eat yesterday's dinner off the floor.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    It's clean all over but my bedroom and wet room are both horrendously untidy but nobody goes into them so I don't mind. Only problem is my boyfriend chucking his pants all over the place instead of in the designated floordrobe
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Generally neat and tidy, but there's kids cluttering up the place. The binmen won't take them unfortunately, despite nailing down the lid.

Binmen ain't what they used to be;..............lazy bastards these days.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Fairly clean except for the inside of the oven. Unfortunately I tend to do most of the housework. My Missus seems not to have the domestic goddess gene.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    bri160356 wrote: »
    Binmen ain't what they used to be;..............lazy bastards these days.

To be fair to the binmen, I don't think they would empty my bins if I nailed the lid down either lol.
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to keep our house pretty clean and tidy. We hardly ever have visitors but I like it to be clean for us.

It's not too much work because we've no kids or pets, we don't wear shoes in the house, and Mr LL is naturally tidy.

My craft room is often untidy when I'm working on lots of projects, but it's just bits of paper and ribbon etc, not actual dirt.
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    My house is for living in, not for looking at, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is.

I once heard someone answer the question with " well it is 175 years old, so there maybe so dust":)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ours is so clean that we eat yesterday's dinner off the floor.

^^ Haha.

We keep our place clean and tidy and although we have a lot of stuff its all put away in certain places. Our friends are amazed that we're only in our early twenties and we manage to keep it this clean when their places are like bombsites. I'm just an organised freak though and me GF is a bit OCD about keeping it clean and tidy - the perfect combination :D;) .

A clean house is good for morale and the soul imo. I hate having to stay in and do stuff when the house is a shithole...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    my house is always clean and tidy :)..at my sisters and did housework yesterday..popped back there today and still smells fresh and all yankee candley :D salted caramel yankee candles are nice