Options

Emmerdale - The Aaron Livesy Story [SPOILERS - Part 25]

Comments

• Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    @Andy
    I've never been on the same page as everyone else on this thread ;) - and there have been times when I've had to sit back and watch everyone else raving about an interpretation of the story that didn't come across to me in the same way.

But I've stuck with it because its still a good story.

Thats the thing though, you were never invested in anything as much as i was, plus you were never on the same page as most others from the off, it wasn't a case of being part of a happy family where everyones enjoying and supporting the same thing then suddenly it turning and being left behind. Which is how i feel now.

I strongly advise people to put me on ignore cus i'm well aware how annoying all these posts of me moaning and going on and on about how upsetting it all is and me leaving (yet still not gone) is probably (well not probably, IS) very very annoying and tiresome. So i advise people to use that handy function.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I am new here but I thought I would post as I am liking this storyline alot.
    I myself am a Gay man who is a wheelchair user, and I find personally that this is a pretty fair rep of what life in the beginning is like.
    You can't ever recover from those injury's but you can improve but only in the first few months, if nothing in the first 8 weeks then you are not going to see anything really improve.
    Saying that it does not mean your life is over, you just have to learn to live with it.
    Aaron is what 19? so of course he is going to stray, most people would even if Jackson would not tell him to, its unbelievable to think that he would be a monk. Plus Jackson has a long road ahead of him before he can even think about having a physical relationship (Yes he can have one) He will not be in the frame of mind for that sort of thing yet.
    In real life they would not last, and Jackson would at one point contemplate taking his own life. This is a pretty good depiction of Tetra as far as I can see, and disability in general.
    I have never really seen them as a great love story, they are portrayed as mates, and Jackson is the only one that has romantic love, Danny Miller himself says that Aaron doesn't know if he loves him yet, and you can tell that in the acting. I don't like the level of affection, the tiny peck on the lips is hardly that. But it is true to Aaron not being that comfortable about himself as yet.
    I do look forward to see what happens, I think Jackson will leave, either through death (Natural or suicide) as it is a limited role for a actor (Well actors will see it like that)
    Sorry for my first post being a bit long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    Thats the thing though, you were never invested in anything as much as i was, plus you were never on the same page as most others from the off, it wasn't a case of being part of a happy family where everyones enjoying and supporting the same thing then suddenly it turning and being left behind. Which is how i feel now.

I strongly advise people to put me on ignore cus i'm well aware how annoying all these posts of me moaning and going on and on about how upsetting it all is and me leaving (yet still not gone) is probably (well not probably, IS) very very annoying and tiresome. So i advise people to use that handy function.

awww andy you cant leave!! i have no idea whats going on half the time, im pretty behind on whats coming up etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I am new here but I thought I would post as I am liking this storyline alot.
    I myself am a Gay man who is a wheelchair user, and I find personally that this is a pretty fair rep of what life in the beginning is like.
    You can't ever recover from those injury's but you can improve but only in the first few months, if nothing in the first 8 weeks then you are not going to see anything really improve.
    Saying that it does not mean your life is over, you just have to learn to live with it.
    Aaron is what 19? so of course he is going to stray, most people would even if Jackson would not tell him to, its unbelievable to think that he would be a monk. Plus Jackson has a long road ahead of him before he can even think about having a physical relationship (Yes he can have one) He will not be in the frame of mind for that sort of thing yet.
    In real life they would not last, and Jackson would at one point contemplate taking his own life. This is a pretty good depiction of Tetra as far as I can see, and disability in general.
    I have never really seen them as a great love story, they are portrayed as mates, and Jackson is the only one that has romantic love, Danny Miller himself says that Aaron doesn't know if he loves him yet, and you can tell that in the acting. I don't like the level of affection, the tiny peck on the lips is hardly that. But it is true to Aaron not being that comfortable about himself as yet.
    I do look forward to see what happens, I think Jackson will leave, either through death (Natural or suicide) as it is a limited role for a actor (Well actors will see it like that)
    Sorry for my first post being a bit long.

Welcome to the thread :)

its interesting to to hear your thoughts on the story and you raised very interesting points.. i myself cant see them lasting much longer
  • Options
    shedsevenshedseven Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy, like all of us, this storyline has gotten under your skin, and you have invested a lot of time following Aaron's story. I fully understand where you are coming from and in many respects I feel the same. All I have ever wanted, as an Aaron fan, is to see him happy and in a relationship. Unfortunately, the wtiters have heaped so much anguish on him as a character, and Aarson as a relationship, I honestly am struggling to see how Jackson and Aaron can be anything more than mates now. This is not what I wanted to see. The writers have made it virtually impossible for them to be happy. I understand Aaron would have insecurities in his first relationship with a lad, but the stuff that Aarson have had thrown at them, its been doomed to failiure, the writers have seen to that. I have gotten to the point now, where I think the next twist in the storyline is the only way to stop it from becoming repetitive and boring. I make no apology for wanting to see Aaron and Flynn together. I hope they have some happy times together, as I am an Aaron fan first anf foremost, and I can't bare to see any more misery to be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson start to see carer Joe as Aaron starts seeing Flynn. At least both boys might find some happiness. I so wanted Aarson to be together, but Trainspotting finished that in my eyes.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,456
    Forum Member
    I think its great that Aaron is being with other men, let's face it, Aarson have never really had the best relationship, they've only been together 6 months and people are expecting Aron to tie himself down to the first guy he meets? Especailly a one who can't touch or feel.

Aaron's only 18 and it's a big decision for him, thats why its JACKSON who suggests the open relationship, as a way to free Aaron and not have him wondering all his life about what "could have been". If they kept Aaron with Jackson forever, it would ruin the storyline and ruin Aaron as a character. Just because Jackson has had his accident, Aaron shouldn't feel "obliged" to always be his boyfriend, and nor should Hazel expect him to. he can still be good mates with Jackson and occasionally do things that Jackson needs. Yes it's going to be hard for Jackson when Aaron meets Flynn, but it's exactly what he wants Aaron to do.

We knew even before the train incident, Gavin (RIP) said it wouldn't be forever, so i diont know whats so different now as to what Gavin said a few months ago? He's sticking with his ideas, he is keeping Aaron true to form and it's exactly right that he should do that. I'd love Aarson to stay together, but Gav had this planned for months, we cant do anything about it, we just have to accept it.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    This is another thing that gets to me, i mean the last 2 posts have both done this. Where is it said that Aarson is over? It doesn't. But the way people now talk about it it's like it's over and onto something else

Best i end t for tonight at least now i think cus getting a bit flustered again now!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome Jobo10 :)

On the "Jackson + Carer" possible SL, I would hate to see it, it is never healthy to like those that care for you, it does happen yes, but should remain a employer/employee relationship.
    I know people that have done it and its worked for a time as the carer knows what to do, but that's the issue, they start out as the helper and become so needed that the disabled person projects on to them, it hardly ever gets to be a normal relationship. The roles are defined.

Personally myself I am a Para and I live with a able-bodied man so I need no help, I am very lucky in that respect, but I do remember the time when I became disabled and had to have my parents look after me till I became able to do for myself, and it hurts. Now a few years ago with a BF I got that Novovirus one winter and he had to look after me for a few days, I hated that, I became angry and bitter at him and yet all he wanted to do was help, I hated the fact I was ill and needed him, it was like I was a kid or newly disabled again. Its a pride thing and we all have it. I think Jackson and Aaron will argue about the care a lot.
  • Options
    cherrytops(82)cherrytops(82) Posts: 3,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welcome to the threa Chaosmarine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you too cherrytops(82) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think we have all gotten used to Aarson but it is Aarons story and im still very much loving his ongoing story i just think this part of his story is coming to a end but another one is going to start and one that im sure we will all love and have plenty to talk about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome Jobo10 :)

On the "Jackson + Carer" possible SL, I would hate to see it, it is never healthy to like those that care for you, it does happen yes, but should remain a employer/employee relationship.
    I know people that have done it and its worked for a time as the carer knows what to do, but that's the issue, they start out as the helper and become so needed that the disabled person projects on to them, it hardly ever gets to be a normal relationship. The roles are defined.

Personally myself I am a Para and I live with a able-bodied man so I need no help, I am very lucky in that respect, but I do remember the time when I became disabled and had to have my parents look after me till I became able to do for myself, and it hurts. Now a few years ago with a BF I got that Novovirus one winter and he had to look after me for a few days, I hated that, I became angry and bitter at him and yet all he wanted to do was help, I hated the fact I was ill and needed him, it was like I was a kid or newly disabled again. Its a pride thing and we all have it. I think Jackson and Aaron will argue about the care a lot.

its interesting to have someone on the forum thats in a similar situation to Jackson, that can discuss it with us :) What route do you think they will go with Jackson?
  • Options
    cherrytops(82)cherrytops(82) Posts: 3,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha where-s everyone gone off too
  • Options
    AnnieK24601AnnieK24601 Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee22Éire wrote: »
    /...
    I wish TPTB would just make up their mind about Aaron being with Jackson or not. I can’t understand how Aaron is supposed to ‘care a lot’ about Jackson and yet he’s going to go bedhopping with randomers. If he can’t handle the Jackson situation then he should opt out now instead of going down this dodgy ‘open relationship’ route. Jackson’s been paralysed and now must suffer the indignity of watching the man he loves going out to pull other men for sex. And then he’s supposed to welcome him back after he’s been out with god knows who doing god knows what, I don’t think so! Just coz Jacksons lost his body does not mean he should lose his self respect as well! ED are doing a great job at making me dislike Aaron and if they continue down this road I don’t know if I’ll ever care for his character again:(
    /...

Hi Dee, it's great to see you posting again:). I agree with your post and said something along the same lines a couple of days ago.

IMO, there is no positive message to be given if they go down the route of an open relationship and personally I think it is really derogatory to real people living with tetraplegia.

I suppose it is all going to depend on where this new (albeit short-term) relationship with Flynn goes (and ends). If Aaron decides he can't go through with anything because of his feelings for Jackson then maybe I will think differently and begin to see where this particular angle of the s/l fits in with everything else. However, if Aaron is able to move to and from Jackson and any 'random' who he happens to meet in Bar West (or wherever) then I think I will find it difficult to see the purpose of TPTB keeping Aarson together.

I keep saying to myself that there has to be a purpose to this particular part of the s/l so I will continue to watch to find out more!!
    @Andy
    I've never been on the same page as everyone else on this thread ;) - and there have been times when I've had to sit back and watch everyone else raving about an interpretation of the story that didn't come across to me in the same way.

But I've stuck with it because its still a good story.

sheepie, STOP being so hard on yourself:rolleyes:, I've often agreed with lots of things you've said, although fundamentally I know we do disagree a bit about Jackson:rolleyes:!!
    Hi, I am new here but I thought I would post as I am liking this storyline alot./...

Hi and welcome to the thread:). It was great to read your thoughts about the storyline. Hope you stick around now you've delurked!
    This is another thing that gets to me, i mean the last 2 posts have both done this. Where is it said that Aarson is over? It doesn't. But the way people now talk about it it's like it's over and onto something else

Best i end t for tonight at least now i think cus getting a bit flustered again now!:p

Andy, you certainly see to be on a s/l downer of late:cry: so I hope you manage to pick yourself up again soon.

As no-one can change anyone's feelings about what they see or what they perceive will happen to Aaron, Jackson or Aarson, hopefully you will be able to relax a bit about reading stuff you don't necessary agree with and still feel you can post your own thoughts, even if they don't seem to be on the same lines as others. If not, you're just going to torture yourself and that aint no fun for anyone:rolleyes:!!

Personally I've been detaching myself from the Aarson storyline for a while and this is mainly because we've been told over and over and over again that they won't last. There does come a time when you have to believe it and IMO it is impossible to invest in them as a couple if there is no chance of them being together.

I definitely would have preferred for them to have split up properly by now as I'm not really relishing the thought of having to endure them playing at having a relationship for the next month or two or 6. However TPTB are in control and they have decided to stretch it out as long as possible, no doubt with twists and turns, so I'll just have to put up with it... or switch off because obviously no-one is making me watch other than myself;)!!

The end result of where this is all leading should become clearer around Marc's contract renewal time so I'll look forward to that date with interest!
  • Options
    AnnieK24601AnnieK24601 Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jobo10 wrote: »
    i think we have all gotten used to Aarson but it is Aarons story and im still very much loving his ongoing story i just think this part of his story is coming to a end but another one is going to start and one that im sure we will all love and have plenty to talk about

That's very true. I know I've been guilty of that myself!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's very true. I know I've been guilty of that myself!

i know i have but lately i dunno im kinda seeing as Aarons story again if you know what i mean
  • Options
    Forum Member

Gavin said they would break up next year (2011). And it's rapidly looking like he's stuck to that, it may not be officailly confirmed yet, but Gavin saying it way back in June/July...then that's conformation enough for me. I'm not going to get anymore involved in the hype of a relationship thats been ruined time and time again with angst and endless misery, and that isn't going to work out. train or no train, we knew it wasnt going to be forever, like i say we just need to accept it and understand that it would be wrong for Aaron, as a character, to settle down with the very first man he meets.
  • Options
    Sam'sWishSam'sWish Posts: 6,759
    Forum Member
    Dee was trying to quote you buy I'm using my iPod and it's being a pain but as usual...I agree with everything you say!

You need to come back...I'm lonely without you!

"it'll be lonely this Christmas...Lonely and cold without you to hold!"

That's how it's been without you! :);):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam'sWish wrote: »
    Dee was trying to quote you buy I'm using my iPod and it's being a pain but as usual...I agree with everything you say!

You need to come back...I'm lonely without you!

"it'll be lonely this Christmas...Lonely and cold without you to hold!"

That's how it's been without you! :);):D

sam :D bonjourno
  • Options
    Sam'sWishSam'sWish Posts: 6,759
    Forum Member
    sam :D bonjourno

:D:D:D
  • Options
    JustBetterJustBetter Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all! Hope ye all had a great xmas, any Aaron news? Is this open relationship yoke definite now?
  • Options
    mpondmpond Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member

hi matty here im back how are you tonight? i still think Aaron and Jacksonwill stilll be together because this Fynn guy is only in it for a few eps anyway it will be like the nick thing Aaron cant move on because he wants Jackson so he go back to Jackson so have faith because are boy`s will sort it out and Aaron will stand by Jackson because deep Aaron loves Jackson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mpond wrote: »
    hi matty here im back how are you tonight? i still think Aaron and Jacksonwill stilll be together because this Fynn guy is only in it for a few eps anyway it will be like the nick thing Aaron cant move on because he wants Jackson so he go back to Jackson so have faith because are boy`s will sort it out and Aaron will stand by Jackson because deep Aaron loves Jackson

yeah im ok matty :) how are you? i wish i had your PMA haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mpond wrote: »

I dunno, They said Jackson was only starting out to be in a few episodes. The storyline is going to get really boring if Aaron just ends off running back to Jackson. I honestly think thier relationship has run it's course now, I'd love them to still be friends, but the whole "Jackson dumps Aaron, Aaron cries a bit, Aarson get back together" thing TPTB have got going is just getting dull. I want Aaron to be happy, to enjoy life, and enjoy a relationship, not be tied down to the first man he meets.
  • Options
    lovinjonlovinjon Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, They said Jackson was only starting out to be in a few episodes. The storyline is going to get really boring if Aaron just ends off running back to Jackson. I honestly think thier relationship has run it's course now, I'd love them to still be friends, but the whole "Jackson dumps Aaron, Aaron cries a bit, Aarson get back together" thing TPTB have got going is just getting dull. I want Aaron to be happy, to enjoy life, and enjoy a relationship, not be tied down to the first man he meets.

i would like to see Aaron have a few differant relationships before he falls in love and settles down
This discussion has been closed.