Options

Bruce is leaving after this series!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton would be a good choice, he's a Bruce lookalike and definitely a dance master. The problem is he might have to confront the judge's nonsense all the time because he knows the show inside out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Norton Paul O'Grady or Aled Jones - I'd be happy with. Paul in particular would be my favourite.
    Not so sure about Anton now after seeing his other show. :eek: Perhaps taking over from Len would suit him better.

Edit to add: oh & if Arlene goes then Karen Hardy would be a suitable replacement but not sure if she'd take it.
  • Options
    HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    Aled Jones would be a great replacement for Bruce, or how about Michael Aspel?
    Please can they replace Tess at the same time? Please? Replace her with someone who doesn't pout at the cameras, who actually listens to the contestants during their chat, and who can actually be bothered to learn to do the 5 or 6 dance steps at the beginning :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    Rumours have been circulating for ages, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did go.

They'll probably stick Graham Norton or some other attention-seeking has-been who laughs at his own unfunny jokes in his place. Or even John Barrowman.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    birdsong wrote: »
    If Vernon replaces Brucie and Tess stays I shall throw a brick through my TV!

Vernon has a two year golden handcuff deal with ITV I believe.

I have never understood why there are so many negative comments regarding Tess, I have always thought she has been perfect for this role.

Despite age and all that, this show will lose something when Bruce goes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any presenter they get just won't fill Bruce's shoes. I'm really disappointed he's leaving, the show will feel strange without him.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moloko wrote: »
    Rumours have been circulating for ages, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did go.

They'll probably stick Graham Norton or some other attention-seeking has-been who laughs at his own unfunny jokes in his place. Or even John Barrowman.

If they pick Norton then he will be presenting just about every light entertainment show on the BBC.

The cupboard is pretty bare in Light Entertainment these days, but whoever they pick its not going to satisfy everyone-change is dangerous with popular shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    If they pick Norton then he will be presenting just about every light entertainment show on the BBC.

The cupboard is pretty bare in Light Entertainment these days, but whoever they pick its not going to satisfy everyone-change is dangerous with popular shows.

True, for every person who is satisfied with the replacement there will be at least three who are not happy.
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Foxy Moron wrote: »
    :eek: Surely it's enough of a panto already? :confused: No more Len please! :eek::eek::eek:

I didn't mean that at all. I simply meant that, if a suitable 'personality' for a host can't be found, the logical thing would be to use a much more basic style of presenter and give about a minute more to the judges' comments.
  • Options
    winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Vernon has a two year golden handcuff deal with ITV I believe.

I have never understood why there are so many negative comments regarding Tess, I have always thought she has been perfect for this role.Despite age and all that, this show will lose something when Bruce goes.

Hooray! I think she does a good job.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    anna123 wrote: »
    good, they need some fresh blood. They should make Craig head judge and have one of the professionals as a judge in lens place.
    Its getting stale now.

No No No - Craig should not be made Head judge!

He has no ballroom dancing credentials and as this is essentially a show about ballroom dancing - the head judge needs to have some sort of credibility as well as the experience and knowledge!

Just because Len is a wally doesn't mean that his knowledge of ballroom isn't essential
  • Options
    Funky MangoFunky Mango Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    I think Anton likes the sound of his own voice too much to be any kind of a decent host. A good host needs to be generous, because essentially they are not the stars of the show - especially not on a schow like SCD.

That never stopped Brucie...
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Actually, there are so many stories in this weekend's papers that it sounds more like the agents are trying to speed up negotiations rather than straightforward stories.
  • Options
    Trix71Trix71 Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Never mind Wogan, if Vernon Thingy takes over, not only will I stop watching, I'll firebomb the BBC.:mad:

Or Anton!!

As much as I like him... he is a dreadfull presenter!!
  • Options
    BeachcomberBeachcomber Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If any of the four people so far mentioned as replacements for Bruce Forsyth actually take over that will definitely be the end of SCD for me.
  • Options
    moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul O' Grady should replace Bruce if he leaves, failing that Graham Norton. Although I do agree about Graham being on every talent show on the BBC getting tedious.

What about Patrick Kielty from Fame Academy and Love Island?
  • Options
    BeachcomberBeachcomber Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, I think the BBC would be well-advised to axe the show completely. It's had a good run but is getting stale and predictable.
  • Options
    MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    I think the Beeb will pick someone young, as I've been noticing that they've been wanting to stamp down on the younger viewers recently.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Bruce is to leave the show his replacement should be one of the professional dancers, Anton has been mentioned in this thread and I want to add Matthew Cutler to the list. However why not have one of the female professionals have a crack at the position, no names spring to mind at the moment but wouldn't it be nice.

I'd rather have a professional dancer take over has host as against a celebrity who will get on peoples nerves.

As for the rumour that Len Goodman is to leave, well it's just a rumour.

I would like to see a new panel of judges, replace all FOUR of them, well, three, Bruno is a great laugh.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    If Bruce is to leave the show his replacement should be one of the professional dancers, Anton has been mentioned in this thread and I want to add Matthew Cutler to the list. However why not have one of the female professionals have a crack at the position, no names spring to mind at the moment but wouldn't it be nice.

I'd rather have a professional dancer take over has host as against a celebrity who will get on peoples nerves.

As for the rumour that Len Goodman is to leave, well it's just a rumour.

I would like to see a new panel of judges, replace all FOUR of them, well, three, Bruno is a great laugh.
    Matthew still has lots to offer on the dance floor - although when you compare the remuneration of the judges to that of the pros, he might jump at the chance.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think the BBC would be well-advised to axe the show completely. It's had a good run but is getting stale and predictable.
    The continued very good viewing figures suggest otherwise.
    Strictly, which followed at 6.40pm, averaged 8.56m (37.1%) over 90 minutes. The figure is up considerably on last week's 7.42m (34.6%).

In the 45 minutes that the two reality shows were directly head-to-head, Strictly was on top with an average of 8.65m (35.9%) to its rival's 8.42m (34.9%).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a133059/x-factor-tops-saturday-ratings.html
  • Options
    northernsoul54northernsoul54 Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonbaby wrote: »
    What about Patrick Kielty from Fame Academy and Love Island?

Hideous man :mad: his name is a swear word in my head!
  • Options
    HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestions

Replace Bruce with any of:

Gethin
    Aled
    John Barrowman

I think Tess would be a better presenter if she wasn't living on her nerves wondering what Bruce was going to do next.

Could cope with Kate if she was told not to shout. I also am a big fan of Gaby Roslin and miss her now she is not on TV any more.

Replace Len by Anton

Do NOT replace Arlene (who I admit sometimes drives me insane with her contrived comments and lusting over men young enough to be her grandson ) with Karen Hardy. If that woman is given any more air time I will stop watching. Does anyone know another female choreographer/dancer who would not be as annoying?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Der Chef says

My replacements list would have

1. Anton Du Beke (I think he is better at presenting than dancing these days)

2. John Culshaw (lots of imiatate Len and Bruno realted fun)

3. BASIL BRUSH (shares the same joke writer as Brucie and it would be really cute to see Tess carrying him down the stairs at the start)

Ohh Yeah :cool:
  • Options
    Funky MangoFunky Mango Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DerChef wrote: »
    Der Chef says

My replacements list would have

1. Anton Du Beke (I think he is better at presenting than dancing these days)

2. John Culshaw (lots of imiatate Len and Bruno realted fun)

3. BASIL BRUSH (shares the same joke writer as Brucie and it would be really cute to see Tess carrying him down the stairs at the start)

Ohh Yeah :cool:

Would he wear his silver jumpsuit?