Options

Comments on production/presenters/intervals/openings etc

Comments

• Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, just please don't presume that everyone should speak the variety of English that you happen to prefer. It's a big world, after all. (See, I also have the right to be annoyed. ;-) )

lol, you say agreed and then you want to get some irrelevant parting shot in. I never said everyone should have to speak English English, I really think you are just here to wind me up, either that or you are totally clueless at reading people's intentions in posts. It simply annoyed me, I never said it was a huge deal like you want to make it. It would be bigger if they made it obvious with the presenters I suppose, I can imagine how annoyed the French would be if some Quebec French was used. More annoyed than me being annoying with the English.

On the subject of the presenters, did anyone else find the varying accents of the woman in the white dress annoying? She should at least be consistent, is that much to ask? That's assuming I'm allowed to be annoyed by it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    The hosts were useless though, and the script very disappointing considering how amusing the script writer has been on Twitter.

The script is always full of weak humour in Eurovision. I suspect some find that charming, but I don't see why they try so hard to make it a comedy show. What's wrong making it more a music show and so encouraging broadcasters to take it more seriously?
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The blond presenter is seriously hot.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read that Scotland has not had any involvement with Eurovision for 27 years..

So i'm looking forward most of all to celebrating a UK win because I think the best venue for 2016 is a five minute walk from my flat

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scottish+hydro+arena&rlz=1CAACAO_enGB640GB640&espv=2&biw=1100&bih=678&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9uddVY6gM4a27gbv24HYBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

There are several hotels nearby. Some are new, or under construction, or being renovated.

BBC Scotland, who did a great job of covering the Commonwealth Games, is just a bridge crossing away

SECC Arena and Clyde Auditorium are next door for the world's tv, press and production
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She looks *a bit* like Kirsten Dunst
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    I've read that Scotland has not had any involvement with Eurovision for 27 years..

So i'm looking forward most of all to celebrating a UK win because I think the best venue for 2016 is a five minute walk from my flat

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scottish+hydro+arena&rlz=1CAACAO_enGB640GB640&espv=2&biw=1100&bih=678&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9uddVY6gM4a27gbv24HYBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

There are several hotels nearby. Some are new, or under construction, or being renovated.

BBC Scotland, who did a great job of covering the Commonwealth Games, is just a bridge crossing away

SECC Arena and Clyde Auditorium are next door for the world's tv, press and production

There would be an open competition for the venue.

I've been inside that, I don't think the potential stage area is big enough, especially when you consider the trend is having the green room in the same building.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There would be an open competition for the venue.

I've been inside that, I don't think the potential stage area is big enough, especially when you consider the trend is having the green room in the same building.

the red area is retractable so that could be used

not sure what that would do to the seating capacity

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/seatingchart/444745/15007
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Why are they only presenting in English and not German?
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fake cheering is a nightmare tonight.
  • Options
    topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »

I agree. Even though they've had so much criticism since the first semi, they seem to be using it even more!
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep it's really getting on my tits. You don't know what's real or fake any more.

Also, after I praised the sound engineering on Tuesday, tonight it has been DREADFUL. The lead vocals in some of the entries have been far too low, particularly Slovenia, Norway and Poland.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least next year we'll have Sweden hosting again.

Orf and Austria have been very poor. I don't remember being this unimpressed in years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness the host decided to cut off the Austrian guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ulla Essendrop did an amazing job last year at press con. Not sure about this year's.
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least next year we'll have Sweden hosting again.
    >:( No we won't, if there's any justice in the world...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    >:( No we won't, if there's any justice in the world...

if parents can disconnect the phones/internet/mobiles their children will not be able to vote for the pied piper
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    if parents can disconnect the phones/internet/mobiles their children will not be able to vote for the pied piper

The young contingent (especially pre-teens) are more attracted by free app voting which isn't an option this year and probably never will be an option at Eurovision. If anything, the qualifiers have shown us that your average Radio 2 listener type has been quite important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting back to the nearly perennial weak presenting and lame humour in Eurovision....some defend it saying it represents how camp and funny the show is. Yet at the same time they insist people shouldn't treat it as a joke. You can't have it both ways, it's either a joke or it's meant to be something that isn't a joke.

Conchita seemed to mess her lines up a lot in the second semi.
  • Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or was there barely any ceremony at all before it started last night? It just seemed very rushed (though at least they did the announcements a bit slower). The postcards are ok , they remind me of another year but I can't remember which.

I don't like the Austrian hosting at all. It's very soulless.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably, in terms of the actual event (not singers), my least favourite ESC ever.

I get the impression ORF don't have a clue what they're doing. The fake cheering is unbearable and will make watching the official videos on YouTube awful :cry: And don't get me started on the host (even Conchita is awful as a presenter).

All very 'meh'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also in the first semi the presenters seemed to forget Australia was taking part as they kept talking about 'Europe' watching. They seemed to rectify this in the second semi, maybe because that was the one Australia voted on? But they are watching both, as I think all participating countries have to broadcast both semis.

There's something a bit false and awkward about the presenting, like it's a nice pay cheque for them but they don't care otherwise.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    This globe trotting video will probably be the best thing of the night!!
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the stage area and lighting.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very hot indeed...
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Got to say after how dire the semi finals were, the final last night was great (minus the presenters).

If Sweden want to do a 'small style' show again please use the Austrian stage design as an example how you can do a good one with looking cheap.