Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    Cue a Seth Rollins face turn cash-in at the end of the night?

Why not? You'd be forgiven for thinking Rollins was a face last night if tuning in for the first time and J&J and him are just begging to be cheered. How can anyone hate J&J?

Hell if he cashes in at Mania on Reigns he'll be cheered to the rafters.

I still can't get over poorly booked that Rumble was. Assuming though thay WWE will need to be hit in the wallet to start caring about the fan reaction to Reigns.
    It's telling the reaction on here to that Rumble match - even people who like Reigns didn't like that Rumble. A mess.
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not quite over last night's shambles. How they'll spin it on Raw tonight is beyond me.

Anyway, who do we all think had the best showing in the Rumble last night?

For me it was Bray Wyatt. I had gone really sour on him as of late but he won me back last night, put on an excellent showing and sort of made me love him again. His interaction with The Boogeyman was brilliant :D
    And when he issued that open challenge I was convinced Taker would appear. Could've been the perfect setup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not quite over last night's shambles. How they'll spin it on Raw tonight is beyond me.

For me it was Bray Wyatt. I had gone really sour on him as of late but he won me back last night, put on an excellent showing and sort of made me love him again. His interaction with The Boogeyman was brilliant :D
    And when he issued that open challenge I was convinced Taker would appear. Could've been the perfect setup.

As much as I loathe him, Wyatt was OK in that Rumble. But for me Rusev was the star of that match - great performance by him last night. Shame he's about to lose all momentum now

Thank goodness for that triple threat last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also well done to Harris07 and HaloJoe om both winning the Rumble sweepstake last night with #19.

I'm sleeping with one eye open after giving Hollie #9.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee_Smith2 wrote: »
    It's going to be Roman sucks...only not followed by let's go Roman.

Surely he himself is pissed with how he's been handled. This is WCW at its worst type booking.

No, it's WWF in 1995 type booking.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the Brock, Cena, Rollins match was absolutely fantastic! 👍 shame about the extremely predictable rumble main event! 👎 (everybody knew DB or RR would win) 😏

(Didn't like Bully's stupid outfit either much prefered his TNA attire) 👎
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Looking back at last night, they'd made their minds up that Reigns was going to win.

So how I'd have booked it, is have Reigns and Bryan as the last two and Reigns goes full heel and beats the holy crap out of DB before throwing him over.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reigns for me should be a heel, Everything about him screams heel.

They picked the wrong place to give the win to a face Regin's, A Philly crowd is never easy and plus with the fad of the crowd chucking their toys out of the pram the second their dont get what they want (even though every man and his dog knew this was the start of Reigns) it was always going to be a rough ride.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not looking forward to see how hard they hype Reigns up over the next 6 weeks. I can already imagine the 20+ min Authority promos that he'll be involved in.
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Not only was that the worst rumble match I have ever seen, but also possibly one of the worst PPV's since I can remember. The triple threat match was classic and saved the whole thing from being totally unwatchable, but what else? Just a bunch of second rate tag team matches and the worst booked rumble match of all time. Disappointed.
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Not looking forward to see how hard they hype Reigns up over the next 6 weeks. I can already imagine the 20+ min Authority promos that he'll be involved in.

I'm considering not even bothering with this years 'road to wrestlemania' - it's usually the one time of the year that my interest is gained, but nothing to get excited about at all. The Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt? Who the f**k wants to see this match? Who gives a shit? The 'universe' clearly wanted Undertaker vs Sting, but of course not - the owners know better than the fans apparently and it's like they 'get off' on providing the opposite. Strange business motives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I'm one of those 'skip through to towards the end' viewers, but that title match last night had me gripped. thought it was great!..As for the rumble, i've always found it to be pretty mundane apart from the odd wake up call ( Bubba ray)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Also well done to Harris07 and HaloJoe om both winning the Rumble sweepstake last night with #19.

I'm sleeping with one eye open after giving Hollie #9.

Didn't Hollie have El Torito last year too?! :o

I am kind of baffled about the whole Rumble last night.
    What would have happened (kayfabe) if Kane and Big Show were the final 2 like the Authority seemed to want? Do they not want Lesnar as champ any more?
    Why did they have Wyatt go so strong and have Cole keep pushing how many people he eliminated, and then just get lifted out by Kane and Big Show?
    Bryan's elimination was also very flat.

The ending was also very weird. Why would the Rock get involved? Does he have beef with the Authority all of a sudden, why would he care that Reigns might lose to them? Then the Rusev bit - it would have been better if they hadn't played Reigns' music and rang the bell before Rusev rushed the ring. I had forgotten he hadn't been eliminated so it just looked like he was being a bad loser.

I feel bad for Reigns because it's not his fault, but they can hardly twist it the second year in a row to be a triple threat so looks like we will have an awkward match between he and Lesnar.

However, Seth Rollins elbow drop through the table and Phoenix Splash made me happy enough to accept the rest of the show!
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably Bray or Rusev. It's kinda funny - Reigns did next to nothing in the actual match either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Hollie have El Torito last year too?! :o

I am kind of baffled about the whole Rumble last night.
    What would have happened (kayfabe) if Kane and Big Show were the final 2 like the Authority seemed to want? Do they not want Lesnar as champ any more?
    Why did they have Wyatt go so strong and have Cole keep pushing how many people he eliminated, and then just get lifted out by Kane and Big Show?
    Bryan's elimination was also very flat.

The ending was also very weird. Why would the Rock get involved? Does he have beef with the Authority all of a sudden, why would he care that Reigns might lose to them? Then the Rusev bit - it would have been better if they hadn't played Reigns' music and rang the bell before Rusev rushed the ring. I had forgotten he hadn't been eliminated so it just looked like he was being a bad loser.

I feel bad for Reigns because it's not his fault, but they can hardly twist it the second year in a row to be a triple threat so looks like we will have an awkward match between he and Lesnar.

However, Seth Rollins elbow drop through the table and Phoenix Splash made me happy enough to accept the rest of the show!

Rock is his cousin, and was also a desperate attempt from WWE to ward off the boos.

It's funny, they clearly knew this would happen and tried to take precautions against it such as eliminating Bryan early and flying in Rock to appear but surely if you have to go to such lengths to stop your next supposed top babyface getting booed out of the building, surely the more logical thing to do rethink your booking plans and change the winner.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Wow just watched the event and i thought batista getting boo'd was bad but not even rock could stop the boo's for reigns. Wwe have made a mistake with this move and the gardcore fans at mania just like last night wont be cheering reigns.

Can understand why the product is in the pits.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    I'm not as annoyed as last year, just disappointed. Going into last year it seemed like Bryan was being positioned as the big star, so for him not to even be in it was awful. At least this year we kind of knew Reigns was winning before hand anyway.

It's just really disappointing the way it all went - Bryan going out so early, Ziggler getting almost no time, Ambrose and Bray's flat exits - and all three happening in a row!

I definitely thought Bray was the best of the Rumble though. In fact, the first portion of the match was good fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Rock is his cousin, and was also a desperate attempt from WWE to ward off the boos.

It's funny, they clearly knew this would happen and tried to take precautions against it such as eliminating Bryan early and flying in Rock to appear but surely if you have to go to such lengths to stop your next supposed top babyface getting booed out of the building, surely the more logical thing to do rethink your booking plans and change the winner.

Yeah your second paragraph sums up what I meant - in terms of storyline it didn't make sense. Just because they are related doesn't meant the Rock needed to turn up - eg. Rikishi didn't arrive to assist the Uso's. So if you know you need someone like that to help Reigns 'get over' then probably it's a bad idea... Plus, it doesn't necessarily make Reigns look 'weak' because he needed help, but how can you just gloss over the fact the Rock was willing to help him 'cheat' by eliminating Kane and Big Show with him?! In terms of kayfabe it's just nonsensical. (and I'm taking it too seriously :D)
  • Options
    Leo_BakerLeo_Baker Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Reigns for me should be a heel, Everything about him screams heel.

They picked the wrong place to give the win to a face Regin's, A Philly crowd is never easy and plus with the fad of the crowd chucking their toys out of the pram the second their dont get what they want (even though every man and his dog knew this was the start of Reigns) it was always going to be a rough ride.

A crowd not wanting a poor talent shoved down their throats is just them throwing their toys out of the pram?

Don't defend it. The guy is poor in the ring. He is poor on the mic. He has no character of his own (except 'That guy that hasn't moved on from The Shield'). WWE is trying to shove him down our throats and make sure we like it. Fortunately, the fans aren't that stupid and aren't taking WWE's shit.

Ambrose, Ziggler, Cesaro, Bad News Barrett, or even DAMIEN SANDOW could have won and I guarantee you the crowd would have gone home happy. Those five men got huge pops AFTER Bryan was eliminated and AFTER Reigns entered.
  • Options
    Leo_BakerLeo_Baker Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Yeah your second paragraph sums up what I meant - in terms of storyline it didn't make sense. Just because they are related doesn't meant the Rock needed to turn up - eg. Rikishi didn't arrive to assist the Uso's. So if you know you need someone like that to help Reigns 'get over' then probably it's a bad idea... Plus, it doesn't necessarily make Reigns look 'weak' because he needed help, but how can you just gloss over the fact the Rock was willing to help him 'cheat' by eliminating Kane and Big Show with him?! In terms of kayfabe it's just nonsensical. (and I'm taking it too seriously :D)

Rock didn't help eliminate Big Show or Kane. Reigns already eliminated them both at once with a clothesline. The bell rung, but then Show and Kane went back in for the beat down, and Rock made the save. That's all.

Then it turns out of course that Rusev was still in the match, but Rock didn't help eliminate Rusev either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo_Baker wrote: »
    Rock didn't help eliminate Big Show or Kane. Reigns already eliminated them both at once with a clothesline. The bell rung, but then Show and Kane went back in for the beat down, and Rock made the save. That's all.

Then it turns out of course that Rusev was still in the match, but Rock didn't help eliminate Rusev either.

Ah okay that was my mistake. I knew Rock didn't actually eliminate anyone but I remembered it as him coming out before Kane and Show got eliminated, and thought it was a bit weird they would have him help Reigns.
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Rock is his cousin, and was also a desperate attempt from WWE to ward off the boos..

So very desperate!

But correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't The Rock have beef with Reigns after all The Shield did at one point lay him out?

Also who think we'll see a Reigns/Axel squash match to try to cover for their mistake?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    I'm not as annoyed as last year, just disappointed. Going into last year it seemed like Bryan was being positioned as the big star, so for him not to even be in it was awful. At least this year we kind of knew Reigns was winning before hand anyway.

It's just really disappointing the way it all went - Bryan going out so early, Ziggler getting almost no time, Ambrose and Bray's flat exits - and all three happening in a row!

I definitely thought Bray was the best of the Rumble though. In fact, the first portion of the match was good fun.

Now that I think back, it's the manner in which the fan favourites were thrown out - Bryan tossed early like a midcard geek, Dean and Dolph tipped out like rubbish with no fight. It was terrible. They didn't even throw in any hope spots for the crowd to get invested.
  • Options
    Robbie_90Robbie_90 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I like Reigns but the booking last night was so poor. Bryan, Ambrose, ZIggler and Wyatt all thrown out like an afterthought. :confused:

In my opinion the final 2 should have been Reigns and Bryan, that way they could have had a mini match and Reigns might have earned a bit of respect by going toe to toe with Bryan and eliminating him.

The way it went down was very contrived. It's a shame the creative team have potentially ruined Roman Reigns' push.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leo_Baker wrote: »
    A crowd not wanting a poor talent shoved down their throats is just them throwing their toys out of the pram?

Don't defend it. The guy is poor in the ring. He is poor on the mic. He has no character of his own (except 'That guy that hasn't moved on from The Shield'). WWE is trying to shove him down our throats and make sure we like it. Fortunately, the fans aren't that stupid and aren't taking WWE's shit.

Ambrose, Ziggler, Cesaro, Bad News Barrett, or even DAMIEN SANDOW could have won and I guarantee you the crowd would have gone home happy. Those five men got huge pops AFTER Bryan was eliminated and AFTER Reigns entered.

But since the fans are not stupid they had to know none of those had a chance of winning as apart from Ambrose not a single one of those is a "A class player" and never will be. Yes they are great talents but they never going to headline Mania for lots of different reason. They got pops yes but seconds after it was boo's again.

Regins is all the things you said and much more and I agree he should not be winning it, But to boo people who came out just because DB and Ambrose was chucked out is chucking your toys out the pram, Its the Ray Jr nonsense all over again, Voice your views on social media dont go/watch Raw dont buy PPV's but to boo talented guys who are trying their best is not the way to go about it. The WWE is a tough place to work noadays and most of the talent in the rumble is a day away from being cut, Yea bury them if they do something wrong but doing it for something they have nothing to do with or have say in?

If the crowd did not want to see Regin win then dont go to the show, Its been near enough a sure fire thing for months and months now, This is not Shite Factor or some reailty TV show where you vote who you want to win.
This discussion has been closed.