Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    Michael_VaughanMichael_Vaughan Posts: 12,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    It's like all the wind has been taken out of the players' sails.

I don't know if it's just me but I think all these contract sagas have been hanging over us this season. There was the while Gerrard one and now sterling's whole "will he won't he" situation. I don't think this doing a lot to bring the team together, but hey maybe that's just my thoughts

It's strange and I'm in no position to know how a pro footballer thinks.Surely it's up to the manager to help focus players minds on the next.Things like contract issues should have no place in the dressing room when the focus is on winning the next 90+mins of football.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if, in five or ten years Rodgers is still in charge.Having won us one or two of the biggest trophies:D
  • Options
    saint paulsaint paul Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Klopp it is then.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outstanding!
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange and I'm in no position to know how a pro footballer thinks.Surely it's up to the manager to help focus players minds on the next.Things like contract issues should have no place in the dressing room when the focus is on winning the next 90+mins of football.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if, in five or ten years Rodgers is still in charge.Having won us one or two of the biggest trophies:D

I definitely agree with this, rogers should be motivating the players, as I imagine that morale isn't the best at the moment.

I just can't wait to start afresh next season with hopefully some new players and no deadwood and at the moment I am welcome to seeing sterling go because at the moment I feel that he thinks he's bigger than the club and we don't need players like that
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Can't remember being this bored watching us play since the Hodgson era. Every player is so predictable in what they're going to do with the ball. It must be so easy to prepare against us. I'd like to say something positive but I just can't.

It actually reminds me of the end of Kenny's season. We played some terrible stuff then losing direly to the likes of West Brom, Wigan and Fulham at home. I think Kenny and the players knew he was on the way out then and it might be the same with Brendon this time
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely agree with this, rogers should be motivating the players, as I imagine that morale isn't the best at the moment.

I just can't wait to start afresh next season with hopefully some new players and no deadwood and at the moment I am welcome to seeing sterling go because at the moment I feel that he thinks he's bigger than the club and we don't need players like that

The problem is we seem to be saying that season after season now, last season being the only exception in the last ....how many :o
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is we seem to be saying that season after season now, last season being the only exception in the last ....how many :o

Haha that's true, maybe I should just say 'lets see how next season plays out" instead :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught Sky Sports half way through reading a tweet, which I think was from Carra. In which he said no Europe next season is the plan so we can challenge for the title^_^

Can't decide if he's taking the mick or not FFS!!
  • Options
    mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have to try for Klopp in the summer or as soon as possible, won't get the chance to get him again, things are really looking bad at the moment, Can at RB? Johnson LB? Markovic a wing back? People are all out of position, we have no attack and poor Coutinho is the only one who looks like he could make something happen.

Changes are needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha that's true, maybe I should just say 'lets see how next season plays out" instead :p

It's our year next season.For definite 100%

:o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have to try for Klopp in the summer or as soon as possible, won't get the chance to get him again, things are really looking bad at the moment, Can at RB? Johnson LB? Markovic a wing back? People are all out of position, we have no attack and poor Coutinho is the only one who looks like he could make something happen.

Changes are needed.

I think there's next to no chance of Klopp if City look to change manager.Unless they can prize Ancelotti away from Real.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so few leaders in teams we put out which don't feature Gerrard. Henderson and Sakho seemed to have a presence about them in our decent form after Xmas.Now though, Hendo looks lost again now when he's one of the more experienced players taking the field for us.

Perhaps if an older,PL experienced leader like player became available this summer, then we should be looking to get them.I'd have no qualms about making someone new to the club captain.
  • Options
    The LizardThe Lizard Posts: 2,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not good enough, the performance tonight.

Extremely painful to watch.
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught Sky Sports half way through reading a tweet, which I think was from Carra. In which he said no Europe next season is the plan so we can challenge for the title^_^

He's taking the mick! I'm pretty sure he's as peeved as the rest of us. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Klopp's Dortmund have just knocked Bayern out of the German Cup after a shootout.

We love to win on penalties, please come to Anfield Jurgen lad!!!;-)

Perhaps Didi Hamann could be his assistant:)
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sell Sterling while clubs are daft enough to pay silly money for him and reinvest in strikers that give a damn about the club. Balotelli has been a massive disaster and why we didn't get another striking option in during January still mystifies me - I'd have taken anybody with a half decent goal record, even as a temporary measure. Having a top scorer on 7 goals is laughable - ironically if it wasn't for the clean sheets kept by our supposedly awful defence, we'd be in a terrible position now.

We probably need to buy two strikers in the summer and hope Origi comes of age very quickly.

I hope we throw a few of our U21s in as the season draws to a close - need something to cheer...
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most of the things Carra says on Twitter are taking the piss!

It's so frustrating that we have 1 point from 2 very winnable games. Win them (which wasn't asking much) and we would have been 2 points off 4th. As it is the last 4 games of the season are now totally meaningless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the things Carra says on Twitter are taking the piss!

It's so frustrating that we have 1 point from 2 very winnable games. Win them (which wasn't asking much) and we would have been 2 points off 4th. As it is the last 4 games of the season are now totally meaningless.

Indeed and if we'd won these last two games,then beaten QPR at Anfield on Saturday before Utd kicked off in the evening against West Brom.Then we'd have been in 4th by a point having played one game more!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed. I don't know where to start.
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,497
    Forum Member
    Squibbles wrote: »
    Very disappointed. I don't know where to start.

Feel the same. I watched this all the way through, well, until I just knew there was no more hope - soon after the 2nd half began in fact, and then I just listened to it. It was dire Squibs, really dire. Players playing out of position, lacklustre, shocking passing, and no spark of wanting to win. If I seriously didn't know better, I'd swear that Rodgers had decided 4th was gone, and he didn't want the Europa.

I will be interested to see what, if anything, happens next to our LFC.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least you don't support Newcastle :0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »
    Feel the same. I watched this all the way through, well, until I just knew there was no more hope - soon after the 2nd half began in fact, and then I just listened to it. It was dire Squibs, really dire. Players playing out of position, lacklustre, shocking passing, and no spark of wanting to win. If I seriously didn't know better, I'd swear that Rodgers had decided 4th was gone, and he didn't want the Europa.

I will be interested to see what, if anything, happens next to our LFC.

Aw poor you having to watch the game, :(. Glad I missed it.

When players and manager gives up, that's when I start to worry. Especially when the fans had not given up on 4th.

I would rather the team tried to at least win as 4th was still achievable.

Although we lost at the weekend, the team still had a chance. United have got tough games with Arsenal and Chelsea. Anything could happen.

Last season no one could have envisioned Gerrard would slip accidentally, allowing Chelsea to score.

I will admit, although I want Rodgers to be given another season. For all his cleverness and research of the game, I worry about his toughness. I don't like to hear a team not bothering if they win or loose.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    Aw poor you having to watch the game, :(. Glad I missed it.

When players and manager gives up, that's when I start to worry. Especially when the fans had not given up on 4th.

I would rather the team tried to at least win as 4th was still achievable.

Although we lost at the weekend, the team still had a chance. United have got tough games with Arsenal and Chelsea. Anything could happen.

Last season no one could have envisioned Gerrard would slip accidentally, allowing Chelsea to score.

I will admit, although I want Rodgers to be given another season. For all his cleverness and research of the game, I worry about his toughness. I don't like to hear a team not bothering if they win or loose.

We've already played Chelsea thanks. :p

Twice a season is enough.

I bet you're sick of the sight of them.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    We should just put Skrtel up front for the remainder of the season. He scored 7 last season (all in the Premier League). Actually he has 1 this season. That's the same as Balotelli and Lambert and just 1 less than Borini. I actually just forgot that Sturridge exists, as I didn't bother looking for his stats. :p

Then in defence have Toure and Lovren, if we're going with four at the back, Moreno on the left, or Can if we have to (he seems to be able to play anywhere). Can on the right if Moreno plays.

Then just throw Brad Jones at either LB or RB, since Brendan doesn't seem to like Manquillo and I don't want to see John Glenson anymore this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've already played Chelsea thanks. :p

Twice a season is enough.

I bet you're sick of the sight of them.

Oops my bad, late night..., 😳😳
This discussion has been closed.