Jenna Coleman to leave at Christmas

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Peter Capaldi on The One Show this evening and was asked directly if Jenna was leaving and didn't give an answer.

Which means she is, but he has been told not to do spoilers.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Rather amusing slip-up by Alex Jones.

It was like she back-tracked halfway through her question.

Either it dawned on her she'd asked the question with the wrong emphasis (that Jenna was leaving) or Peter Capaldi was glaring at her.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    It was like she back-tracked halfway through her question.

Either it dawned on her she'd asked the question with the wrong emphasis (that Jenna was leaving) or Peter Capaldi was glaring at her.

Was it the same glare that he used in the Day of the Doctor? I think that would make me slip up (or worse).
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Was it the same glare that he used in the Day of the Doctor? I think that would make me slip up (or worse).

Best comment I have seen on the matter is that the brows of extreme discomfort were deployed after the question was asked.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    Best comment I have seen on the matter is that the brows of extreme discomfort were deployed after the question was asked.

The brows of extreme discomfort , brilliant! There's an episode title waiting to happen...
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Which means she is, but he has been told not to do spoilers.

Oh please let her leave! She's been a total non-event as a companion. Even Martha was better.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Jenna probably is leaving but they're not going to reveal it until they have to.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Jenna probably is leaving but they're not going to reveal it until they have to.

Her agent will want it announced asap so he can get her new work. And rightly so. That's only fair on her.

She'll definitely go end of series 9 at the latest imo. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see her in series 9 even with all these Christmas rumours. It does strike me they feel like they're using these rumours to play things up a bit now and add some tension as to whether Clara stays with the Doctor or not.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Her agent will want it announced asap so he can get her new work. And rightly so. That's only fair on her.

She'll definitely go end of series 9 at the latest imo. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see her in series 9 even with all these Christmas rumours. It does strike me they feel like they're using these rumours to play things up a bit now and add some tension as to whether Clara stays with the Doctor or not.

I don't know. I think it's possible Clara could do some of Series 9 but I can't see her in all of it. As for her agent, once the special begins filming and it's announced (if she is leaving), there would still be plenty of time for Jenna to get other projects and so forth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I don't know. I think it's possible Clara could do some of Series 9 but I can't see her in all of it. As for her agent, once the special begins filming and it's announced (if she is leaving), there would still be plenty of time for Jenna to get other projects and so forth.

Oh yes I could see her doing part of series 9 too. But even so once it's definite that she's going they won't mess her about. It's not fair. It'll be announced soon enough if she is.

But as I said, I still think this feels like them using the rumour mill to their advantage right now. Same with Peter's 'I'm not looking for a new companion but she might not last the series' thing on the One Show. They're playing on it to try and add weight to the 'Clara leaves him because he's disturbingly ruthless' story.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member

The brows of extreme discomfort . . it was just like this!

No wonder she changed the question half way through!
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Clara said in the BBC Radio 1 interview just now after being asked the question, "you need to watch the storyline first"
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be genuinely amazed if this is kept quiet by the BBC until an on-screen departure.

Shame The One Show had to bring it up the report, really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Clara said in the BBC Radio 1 interview just now after being asked the question, "you need to watch the storyline first"

Definitely seems that's the official line they've all been told to use.