Options

Why is Luisa playing the village idiot?

Comments

• Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also I didn't know who Lionel Blair was. Oops.
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    achro wrote: »
    Watch it back.

You'll see her try to stop the conversation multiple times.

Oooh, really? That's what I meant! She asks someone a question that she knows will be damaging, and then she repeatedly tells him to stop. It's not that difficult to grasp. She's in there to enhance her image. That's all she cares about.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    She's in there to enhance her image. That's all she cares about.

Whereas the others are in there for.... what? The exact same thing, and/or the money. There's no difference between anyone's motives as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Luisa is very smart and is a natural born businesswoman. She will do what she needs to do to secure her victory, and more power to her! I adore Queen Luisa!!

That sounds kind of desperate to be honest and not related to power if you think about it :)
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I think she may well be the best housemate this year and be BB tv gold.

Whilst I too was surprised at he thinking Lionel Richie/ Blair faux pas, I'd hardly say she's been playing the village idiot, far from it.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    How are his views well-known? I don't think Luisa even knew who he was... Luisa can't be to blame for Evander's ignorance! He ruined his own chances :D

Luisa's husband Oliver Zissman is a big boxing fan and helps organise charity boxing events - it is inconceivable that she doesnt know very well who such a well known boxer is and the fact she pretends otherwise speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was at it again. Absolutely desperate for attention and she knows her behaviour will get a lot of airtime.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luisa's husband Oliver Zissman is a big boxing fan and helps organise charity boxing events - it is inconceivable that she doesnt know very well who such a well known boxer is and the fact she pretends otherwise speaks volumes.

The same way I'm sure her husband knows absolutely everything about baking cupcakes.

Do you think if a woman goes out with a big footie fan who plays 5 a side every weekend that she'll automatically be able to tell you all the top players in the premier league?
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luisa and Jasmine have been the most entertaining h/m's imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's way out of her depth and her little flirty "act dumb" act is so transparent and annoying. As a straight bloke I find that massively off-putting.
    she'll survive.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The whole world was shocked by what Holyfield said, yet the Zissmans were aware he held those views because mr Zissman organises boxing events.:confused: *rollseyes*:D
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snariek wrote: »
    The same way I'm sure her husband knows absolutely everything about baking cupcakes.

Do you think if a woman goes out with a big footie fan who plays 5 a side every weekend that she'll automatically be able to tell you all the top players in the premier league?

Not quite the same thing. Evander is well known throughout the World, a former 4 times World Champion, I recall. I would have thought she would have heard the name before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because she can sell you a bag of buns doesn't mean she's on a level with Stephen Hawking. I think she's no more intelligent than she seems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    Not quite the same thing. Evander is well known throughout the World, a former 4 times World Champion, I recall. I would have thought she would have heard the name before.

Em it actually is the same thing. Just because her husband is a fan of boxing does not mean she should know who Evander is. She's a big fan of fashion, does that mean he should recognise all of the successful fashion designers? If she was a fan of Sex and the City, a show watched all around the world, does that mean he would automatically be able to name the four lead actresses?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The whole world was shocked by what Holyfield said, yet the Zissmans were aware he held those views because mr Zissman organises boxing events.:confused: *rollseyes*:D

What I was referring to was her act that she didn't even know who he was. I hate boxing and even I've heard of him. She has been photographed at charity boxing events with her hubby - would she really be clueless of a big name like him? And given we heard he was likely to be going in the house long before last Friday, do you really believe she didn't know he was at least a possibility? And never asked her boxing fan hubby "oh by the way know anything about Big E?" C'mon!
  • Options
    Forum Member

"The whole world was shocked"? I don't think many people familiar with American Evangelical christianity would be shocked at his views on homosexuality because they are pretty widely expressed in states like Alabama where Holyfield comes from. The whole world is a little bigger than tiny old Blighty you know!
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    "The whole world was shocked"? I don't think many people familiar with American Evangelical christianity would be shocked at his views on homosexuality because they are pretty widely expressed in states like Alabama where Holyfield comes from. The whole world is a little bigger than tiny old Blighty you know!

Quite. And she repeated the trick tonight, encouraging that idiot Dappy (who has been staring at cameras since he came in) to play up to the cameras, only to complain she thought he was playing up to the cameras. It's a good tactic for someone in her line of business - having her cake and eating it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I was referring to was her act that she didn't even know who he was. I hate boxing and even I've heard of him. She has been photographed at charity boxing events with her hubby - would she really be clueless of a big name like him? And given we heard he was likely to be going in the house long before last Friday, do you really believe she didn't know he was at least a possibility? And never asked her boxing fan hubby "oh by the way know anything about Big E?" C'mon!

When did she actually say she had never heard of him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Quite. And she repeated the trick tonight, encouraging that idiot Dappy (who has been staring at cameras since he came in) to play up to the cameras, only to complain she thought he was playing up to the cameras. It's a good tactic for someone in her line of business - having her cake and eating it.

Quite what exactly? What does Alabama being familiar with Evander's views have to do with your ridiculous conspiracy theories about Luisa?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's great to watch as a HM but not taken in by her cute ditzy act. An absolute snake in the grass with the slyest pair of eyes I've seen on TV. Think anyone who watched her this year on The Apprentice wouldn't disagree.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Em it actually is the same thing. Just because her husband is a fan of boxing does not mean she should know who Evander is. She's a big fan of fashion, does that mean he should recognise all of the successful fashion designers? If she was a fan of Sex and the City, a show watched all around the world, does that mean he would automatically be able to name the four lead actresses?

It really isn't the same thing at all. There are thousands of fashion designers ( or probably more) around the world, so only a large handful of these would be known by most. There is only 1 boxing champion of the world, Evander is every bit as famous as Mike Tyson, Mohammed Ali and Rocky Marciano. And no, I wasn;t around at the time ! She must have lived in a cupboard if she genuinely had not heard of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    It really isn't the same thing at all. There are thousands of fashion designers ( or probably more) around the world, so only a large handful of these would be known by most. There is only 1 boxing champion of the world, Evander is every bit as famous as Mike Tyson, Mohammed Ali and Rocky Marciano. And no, I wasn;t around at the time ! She must have lived in a cupboard if she genuinely had not heard of him.

It actually is the same thing but if you want to keep convincing yourself that every female who has a husband that's a fan of boxing will automatically know who Evander Holyfield is then fair enough. If you have a quick read through the threads on launch night you'll find a lot of people actually haven't heard of Evander Holyfield. I know who he is purely because I remember the ear biting incident in the news when I was younger.
  • Options
    Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I liked Luisa in the Apprentice - I wanted her to win over the plastic surgery woman that did win but its like watching a different person in the house. She is acting so thick and desperate and it has got to be an act. As annoying as she was in the Apprentice she came across as an intelligent, savvy business woman that was good at getting her own way. She is just manipulating the situation to get attention (which I'm not saying is wrong as it is a gameshow) but I wish she hadn't chosen to play the bimbo role.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    Lol it would be awesome if she was that calculating, maybe you are right, I dunno, it is weird though that she is occasional playing the me know nothing card ala Jade and Joey essex card.
    I agree that she's played dumb on occasion, I hardly think a woman who has a child doesn't know how to clean clothes for a start :D

I do not, however, with regard to the gay conversation, think that she manipulated that particular scenario.
    Don't you know, they get together - Luisa and Mr Z - with the boxers before each event for a theological discussion ;)
    It actually is the same thing but if you want to keep convincing yourself that every female who has a husband that's a fan of boxing will automatically know who Evander Holyfield is then fair enough. If you have a quick read through the threads on launch night you'll find a lot of people actually haven't heard of Evander Holyfield. I know who he is purely because I remember the ear biting incident in the news when I was younger.
    She may not have known who he was, but I bet if somebody said to her, he's the boxer who had his ear bitten off, she would know who he was then.

I personally, as I said above, don't think she manipulated Evander into this particular situation.

I do, however, think she manipulated the whole of what happened with Dappy and Jas in the bath last night, from the point on Day 3 when she told Jas about showmances and how they could win a show, mentioning lesbian action, then she gossiped about Casey and Lee regarding a showmance .. basically showed a lot of interest in them and how people reacted to the idea of one. Then going into the bath with Dappy and Jas and making sure the cameras got some girl-on-girl action - I actually think she was peeved that Dappy ruined that little scenario, after all a good showmance with Jas might (in Luisa's mind, as she mentioned) ensure a victory ;)
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luisa is just being herself. Calculating.

After slating Lee and Casey as doing it all for the cameras she made sure she did the same in the bath for her little bit of air time.