Options

Final Fantasy X

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it is the one in the Omega Ruins but i found a pretty effective way to get them appearing more often, so if anyone else ends up in the same situation...

Go to the second floor of the Omega Ruins, the one where you fight the Omega weapon and is comprised of circle platforms, equip someone with a firststrike weapon, so that you can't be ambushed and then just run away from any battle that isn't a tonberry

Also don't forget to switch the Firststrike weapon with a capture weapon at the start of the battle, the last thing you want to do is finally get a tonberry fight only to accidentally kill it rather than capture and remember to switch back after each fight
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    It's been a little while since I've looked at the thread and I've fallen way behind. I have just got to Bevelle, I think the entrance to Bevelle, is one of my favorite parts of the game, but from here it's all brilliant anyway. I'll hopefully make some quicker progress from here as I just love this part. I can't wait to get to Zanarkand.

I just hope I haven't missed anything, I've got the al bhed primers, but are any of Kimahri's abilities missable?

Don't feel too bad, I'm only just past Bevelle.

Did some grinding on the Highbridge after struggling past Evrae on Lvl 1 magic. First battle on the bridge my party was that weak that a couple of YAT-99s and a YKT-63 wiped them out before I could get any actions away. Quadrupled my HP and MP, have Hastega, Curaga, Slowga, Holy, Demi, Death, Osmose, Flare, Triple Foul and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Seymour Natus and Mortibody will be getting their clocks cleaned the next time I manage to get on. :) Only problem is, it's at the bit where Kimahri isn't part of the party so he's going to be massively behind. Still, party and Aeons overdrives all fully loaded.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh this game can be so annoying when it wants to be

I've finished collecting monsters so i'm battling enemies for stat spheres, to get magic spheres you have to beat Jumbo Flan, which can only be hurt by magic, so it takes ages to beat him and the only way to beat him quicker is to get your magic stats up, which you can only do by beating.....AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like every time i think i'm getting close to done, the bloody sphere grid comes up with problem to deal with, i still don't know where to get LVL4 sphere locks, aside from stealing them from nemesis, which i can't go because i need to need to get my stats up in order to beat all the other monsters
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

I've finished collecting monsters so i'm battling enemies for stat spheres, to get magic spheres you have to beat Jumbo Flan, which can only be hurt by magic, so it takes ages to beat him and the only way to beat him quicker is to get your magic stats up, which you can only do by beating.....AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like every time i think i'm getting close to done, the bloody sphere grid comes up with problem to deal with, i still don't know where to get LVL4 sphere locks, aside from stealing them from nemesis, which i can't go because i need to need to get my stats up in order to beat all the other monsters

Did your guide not arrive?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did your guide not arrive?

Yeah, i'm pretty following it find all the different types of spheres, it doesn't mention a quicker way to beat the flan though

I've found a technique online that speeds up the process but it'll still take a few hours tomorrow before i have enough magic spheres
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Don't feel too bad, I'm only just past Bevelle.

Did some grinding on the Highbridge after struggling past Evrae on Lvl 1 magic. First battle on the bridge my party was that weak that a couple of YAT-99s and a YKT-63 wiped them out before I could get any actions away. Quadrupled my HP and MP, have Hastega, Curaga, Slowga, Holy, Demi, Death, Osmose, Flare, Triple Foul and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Seymour Natus and Mortibody will be getting their clocks cleaned the next time I manage to get on. :) Only problem is, it's at the bit where Kimahri isn't part of the party so he's going to be massively behind. Still, party and Aeons overdrives all fully loaded.....

You have Holy and Flare already. I think you'll be fine from here on in.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you fight Kottos in the Monster Arena you can get him to drop 40 Spheres with an Overkill. Set Tidus' Overdrive mode to Stoic and hit him with Slice n Dice. Kottos should counter him and kill him but it will fill up his overdrive again. Then just hit him with Slice n Dice again. Just use the other two for reviving Tidus and it shouldn't be a problem. Remember to use the "Extract Sphere" ability on him though so you get the one you want. I generally kill him after three overdrives so doesn't take too long as long as you're hitting for around 25k damage per hit for Tidus.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You don't really need to raise your magic stat, it's actually pretty useless for this stage in the game because it's not as effective as physical attack. I only ever bother maxing Strength, Defence, Magic Defence, Agility and Luck, it's all you really need, unless you are going for 255 stats in everything of course. Better to let Anima handle Jumbo Flan, in that case. Her Pain attack will do him in.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys, Been reading the thread again since the launch, I am really jelous that i havent been able to play this game yet, i wish there was more time in a day to play this, i will get round to buying and playing this game again :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi. You should pick it up at some point. It's one of those rare games that's just as amazing now as it was over a decade ago when it first came out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Hi. You should pick it up at some point. It's one of those rare games that's just as amazing now as it was over a decade ago when it first came out.

Yes and I think you can pick it up for just over £20. Great price for 2 good games. Well I dont really know much about X-2 :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you fight Kottos in the Monster Arena you can get him to drop 40 Spheres with an Overkill. Set Tidus' Overdrive mode to Stoic and hit him with Slice n Dice. Kottos should counter him and kill him but it will fill up his overdrive again. Then just hit him with Slice n Dice again. Just use the other two for reviving Tidus and it shouldn't be a problem. Remember to use the "Extract Sphere" ability on him though so you get the one you want. I generally kill him after three overdrives so doesn't take too long as long as you're hitting for around 25k damage per hit for Tidus.

I mean Magic Spheres for using in empty nodes, normal magic spheres won't work, they can only be used for filling spaces after they have been created
    Namira wrote: »
    You don't really need to raise your magic stat, it's actually pretty useless for this stage in the game because it's not as effective as physical attack. I only ever bother maxing Strength, Defence, Magic Defence, Agility and Luck, it's all you really need, unless you are going for 255 stats in everything of course. Better to let Anima handle Jumbo Flan, in that case. Her Pain attack will do him in.

That's actually what i'm doing and that is exactly how i am doing it :p

Any device on beating the Greater Sphere for Luck Sphere, i can do it but it gives me a really tough time, i'm mostly buffing everyone up (Haste, Auto-Life, Shell, Protect and then just hacking away and using overdrives when available with Tidus, Auron and Wakka, still takes a while though

Getting Fortune spheres (to fill the created Luck nodes) is surprisingly easy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and I think you can pick it up for just over £20. Great price for 2 good games. Well I dont really know much about X-2 :confused:

Great price for ONE great game, it just so happens they included a second game in the package
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's actually what i'm doing and that is exactly how i am doing it :p

Any device on beating the Greater Sphere for Luck Sphere, i can do it but it gives me a really tough time, i'm mostly buffing everyone up (Haste, Auto-Life, Shell, Protect and then just hacking away and using overdrives when available with Tidus, Auron and Wakka, still takes a while though

Getting Fortune spheres (to fill the created Luck nodes) is surprisingly easy

Aha, going for a perfect game! :D

What stats are you working on at the moment? Once your Defence and Magic Defence are up high Greater Sphere will barely scratch you. He only counters regular attacks with weak magic. That press attack can be nasty tho, save the Overdrives until later. I got sick of slugging it out with him for ages, so I concentrated on getting Wakka strong and that Celestial Weapon upgrade. Now I take him out in 5 turns, max.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all.

Just doing Lulu's thunder challenge or should I say "attempting" to do it. Never could do it before and still struggling. Anyone having trouble trying to get 200. Its driving me insane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    Aha, going for a perfect game! :D

What stats are you working on at the moment? Once your Defence and Magic Defence are up high Greater Sphere will barely scratch you. He only counters regular attacks with weak magic. That press attack can be nasty tho, save the Overdrives until later. I got sick of slugging it out with him for ages, so I concentrated on getting Wakka strong and that Celestial Weapon upgrade. Now I take him out in 5 turns, max.

I only have Magic and Luck stats to get up to 255 (not going accuracy, looked up a guide and they had accuracy as 0) then i'll fill up the sphere grid with HP spheres

After that i'll either try and Zanmato my way to victory or start replacing the useless stats and replacing them with even more HP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Hey all.

Just doing Lulu's thunder challenge or should I say "attempting" to do it. Never could do it before and still struggling. Anyone having trouble trying to get 200. Its driving me insane.

Hey. We'll the first thing to do is to equip 'no encounter' equipment on someone. Then try and do the dodging in sets of 20. Take a minute break in between each set to keep focused. I haven't actually done it yet but some of the guys here have so they might be able to add some more tips.
  • Options
    sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Hey all.

it is annoying i got 377 bolts when i eventually did it could've kept on going but got bored you just have to find the perfect spot for your pace. I did it on a bit of ground before that tower with the shelter on running into a certain spot where the lightning would strike every time in the end. The problem for me was that the bolts were not coming quick enough or when i got a rhythm one would strike unpredictably. I'm pretty sure when i did it on PS2 it was in a completely different spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just beat Yunalesca. Was much easier than I though it would be. Is it just an easy boss battle of am I strong enough for the last parts now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I beat her today too. I found it easy too. I used Bahamuts overdrive and that took over 30k off her third form. I'd say if you do a little bit of levelling now you'll be fine for the end.

I stopped after that fight and now I'm going doing everything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boooooooooo!

Boring end of the week where I don't get to play it for 4 days....... :(

Boooooooooo!
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boooooooooo!

Booooooo

Ah that sucks mate.

After my Ps4 cafufel I'm finally on this. I'm carrying on with my speed run to the primer I missed, it's at Bevelle and I'm at Mi'ihen Highroad so hopefully won't take too long now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you collect the primers in numerical order? Despite following the guide, I was shocked to trawl through my rare items and discover that I was missing 3/4....... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boooooooooo!

Boooooooooo!

You're not alone in not playing it for a few days, although i'm taking more of a sabbatical than anything else after 2/3 days and at least 20+ hours i just need a few days break from finishing stat building in the area and it not like i can do something else because everything I have left to do requires need perfect stats and HP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you collect the primers in numerical order? Despite following the guide, I was shocked to trawl through my rare items and discover that I was missing 3/4....... :(

No but there are a few missable ones in Home and Bevelle so make sure to get those

Also there is one in Besaid village (not sure of the number) that if you don't get it before you get the Airship you will need to beat Dark Valefor before you can get it, not sure if you need to fight Dark Aeons for any others that you might miss