Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    Andy ParishAndy Parish Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    #GameOfThrones ends on season high 1.2m, Sky Atlantic, 9pm. Great telly! Interestingly, in same slot E4's #madeinchelsea finale hits 900k
    Highest ever overnight rating for Sky Atlantic is it not?
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phenomenal for Game of Thrones.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    So ITV crashed at 9pm, even with the Corrie lead-in! I imagine the ITV soaps would've held up pretty well since the match on BBC One wasn't anything major.

Saying that, almost 5m is amazing for a match which no seemingly cared about. Just goes to show the power of the World Cup fever on the casual audience.
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    No its not, especially with Iran having a one track plan. Having said that, it was still interesting to watch them getting a World Cup point. Like the Olympics, this competition just matters all the way through. Although maybe was expecting a few more for Germany- Portugal even if it was a strangely one-sided affair.
    Salv* wrote: »
    Agree, the match average is impressive for who was playing and how it was arguably the dullest game of the World Cup, however it's obvious that BBC2, CH4 and CH5 fought back against the weaker competition in the 9pm slot.

I really didn't expect the Iran match to be close to 5m. The World Cup matches are doing well so far.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a sighting amongst the barren world of TV other than the world cup, The New TV Times says that The Honourable Woman a BBC2 Drama with Maggie Gyllenhall in the next week section for28 june- 4 July.

Also looking at the TV Timse for next friday the 27th Eastenders gets squashed in a 2 hour soap sandwich, which strangely goes Emmerdale, Corrie, Emmerdale, Corrie.

So if you thought Eastenders was bad a 7pm this week l imagine it will be Arnageddon come a week on friday.
  • Options
    SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The awesome game of thrones on paywall tv, obliterating free to air channel 5's flagship show big brother...

I enjoy both, but bb must be on borrowed time when its struggled to break a million half the series so far.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see alson in addition to Channel 5 showing Under the Dome after midnight they are also showing repeats of Wentworth Prison at that time from next week as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SSL2010 wrote: »
    The awesome game of thrones on paywall tv, obliterating free to air channel 5's flagship show big brother...

I enjoy both, but bb must be on borrowed time when its struggled to break a million half the series so far.

We haven't even got BB's ratings yet. And I like to think BB is on the rise, it was the first time last night it didn't face a match in a few days which hopefully helped it.

GoT is on a massive roll at the moment, Sky Atlantic must be very proud, it's also 'obliterating' every other show on US TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@overnightstv: #tigersaboutthehouse pulled in 2.3m/10.1% to BBC2 at 8pm."
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    We haven't even got BB's ratings yet. And I like to think BB is on the rise, it was the first time last night it didn't face a match in a few days which hopefully helped it.

GoT is on a massive roll at the moment, Sky Atlantic must be very proud, it's also 'obliterating' every other show on US TV.

I would hope the Benefits programme before it would have helped boost Big Brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also shows how poor programmes are doing on Sky Atlantic other than Game Of Thrones.

In other news:
    "@overnightstv: #tigersaboutthehouse pulled in 2.3m/10.1% to BBC2 at 8pm."
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member

Ah what is BB's rating then?
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Steve called it right on ITV, 5th out of 5 at 9pm!
  • Options
    SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah what is BB's rating then?

No idea. BB won't be higher then 1.3mil, and probably no lower then 1mil exactly.
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street topped the soap ratings on Monday evening, according to overnight figures.

The ITV soap attracted 7.52 million viewers (33.6%) at 8pm (231,000/1.0% on +1), as Peter attempted to win Carla back. The episode aired 30 minutes later than usual due to World Cup coverage.

Emmerdales appealed to 6.58m (34.2%) at 7.30pm (125k/0.5%), which was also aired 30 minutes later, as Donna was left horrified by the consequences of her plan.

An hour earlier than usual on BBC One, EastEnders interested 5.71m (30.0%) at 7pm as Sharon was attacked at The Albert. Its BBC Three repeat was seen by 497k (3.2%) at 10.30pm. Earlier, Doctors gathered 1.33m (21.8%) at 1.45pm.

On Channel 4, Hollyoaks continued with 841k (4.5%) at 6.30pm as Nico caused trouble for Sienna. E4's first-look brought in 559k (2.9%) at 7pm.

Channel 5's Home and Away attracted 199k (3.1%) at 1.15pm and 522k (3.1%) at 6pm. 5*'s first-look was seen by 302k (1.6%) at 6.30pm.

Neighbours' latest episode brought in 596k (9.7%) at 1.45pm and 724k (4.9%) at 5.30pm.
  • Options
    jackc1806jackc1806 Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    Coronation Street topped the soap ratings on Monday evening, according to overnight figures.

The ITV soap attracted 7.52 million viewers (33.6%) at 8pm (231,000/1.0% on +1), as Peter attempted to win Carla back. The episode aired 30 minutes later than usual due to World Cup coverage.

Emmerdales appealed to 6.58m (34.2%) at 7.30pm (125k/0.5%), which was also aired 30 minutes later, as Donna was left horrified by the consequences of her plan.

An hour earlier than usual on BBC One, EastEnders interested 5.71m (30.0%) at 7pm as Sharon was attacked at The Albert. Its BBC Three repeat was seen by 497k (3.2%) at 10.30pm. Earlier, Doctors gathered 1.33m (21.8%) at 1.45pm.

On Channel 4, Hollyoaks continued with 841k (4.5%) at 6.30pm as Nico caused trouble for Sienna. E4's first-look brought in 559k (2.9%) at 7pm.

Channel 5's Home and Away attracted 199k (3.1%) at 1.15pm and 522k (3.1%) at 6pm. 5*'s first-look was seen by 302k (1.6%) at 6.30pm.

Neighbours' latest episode brought in 596k (9.7%) at 1.45pm and 724k (4.9%) at 5.30pm.

Okay for EE and the BBC3 repeat looks big
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    All soaps held up well, especially Corrie which was level with last Monday.
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next Monday is the Corrie/EastEnders Clash. Also next week there are two EastEnders/Emmerdale clashes.

ITV on Friday 27th June are going with

7.00 Emmerdale
    7.30 Corrie
    8.00 Emmerdale
    8.30 Corrie

:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB got 1.3m excl +1. If anyone has the +1 rating, let us know!

DS has updated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    There is a sighting amongst the barren world of TV other than the world cup, The New TV Times says that The Honourable Woman a BBC2 Drama with Maggie Gyllenhall in the next week section for28 june- 4 July.

Also looking at the TV Timse for next friday the 27th Eastenders gets squashed in a 2 hour soap sandwich, which strangely goes Emmerdale, Corrie, Emmerdale, Corrie.

So if you thought Eastenders was bad a 7pm this week l imagine it will be Arnageddon come a week on friday.

I would move EastEnders for that Friday but BBC schedulers are odd.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    No idea. BB won't be higher then 1.3mil, and probably no lower then 1mil exactly.

Well it got 1.3 so I make that more than the 1.2 for GoT. Thrones is a great rating for Sky Atlantic but the two shows weren't even on at the same time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    All soaps held up well, especially Corrie which was level with last Monday.

Corrie and Emmerdale did well. It helped that they faced a World Cup match that didn't have big sides. EastEnders did better than Friday but 7pm is a rubbish time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    Next Monday is the Corrie/EastEnders Clash. Also next week there are two EastEnders/Emmerdale clashes.

ITV on Friday 27th June are going with

7.00 Emmerdale
    7.30 Corrie
    8.00 Emmerdale
    8.30 Corrie

:o

And they say variety is dead in primetime!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it got 1.3 so I make that more than the 1.2 for GoT. Thrones is a great rating for Sky Atlantic but the two shows weren't even on at the same time.

My Twitter's down, can someone ask around on there what it actually got? Either the Overnights twitter or the UKTV Ratings one.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Eastenders ratings are quite good for 7pm. I expected under 5 million.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    Eastenders ratings are quite good for 7pm. I expected under 5 million.

It helped that Emmerdale didn't clash with it like on Friday and more importantly they put the time in the trailer.
This discussion has been closed.