Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsam93 wrote: »
    Could any ratings enthusiasts please tell me what the highest audience rating Gold has ever got is? I'm curious to find out and I wonder whether the live broadcast of Monty Python's last live show at the O2 on July 20th could break that record

That's a major coup if true.

I expected to have to wait until the inevitable dvd release in time for Christmas before i saw this! Did BBC2 or channel 4 not try to bag this?
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 50s
    It was one of the least attractive primetime World Cup fixtures but coverage of Iran-Nigeria still pulled in 4.97m/22.7% from 7.30pm.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBBC is bringing back Danger Mouse!
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 19s
    Other World Cup averages:
    Germany v Portugal (ITV from 4pm): 4.51m/33.5%;
    Ghana v USA (BBC1 from 10.40pm): 3.21m/39.4%.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 50s
    It was one of the least attractive primetime World Cup fixtures but coverage of Iran-Nigeria still pulled in 4.97m/22.7% from 7.30pm.

The lowest rated primetime match but that's not a bad rating at all.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    I downloaded all 6 episodes the other week to watch and on checking my Sky planner yesterday to start them they have mysteriously vanished. I tried to download them again but all episodes are no longer available via Sky On Demand. Does anyone know why this is? It's almost like the vanished from On Demand and thus got deleted off my planner. :(

Well BBC iplayer usually holds the series of programs until the series finishes and On Demand always show a date by which time it is deleted so you have to watch out for this and its happened to me too. BBC need an On Demand type product where you can pick up all the old series of shows as well. Was there not some talk of the BBC doing something along these lines?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »

Thats the most important story of the year so far !!!:D

Edit: I mean it btw - love Dangermouse.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    That's a major coup if true.

I expected to have to wait until the inevitable dvd release in time for Christmas before i saw this! Did BBC2 or channel 4 not try to bag this?

It's being shown LIVE in Cinemas all over UK and Ireland too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Thats the most important story of the year so far !!!:D

Edit: I mean it btw - love Dangermouse.

They are bringing back Teletubbies too. Everything old is new again but will they rate with nostalgic people or a new audience?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 19s
    Other World Cup averages:
    Germany v Portugal (ITV from 4pm): 4.51m/33.5%;
    Ghana v USA (BBC1 from 10.40pm): 3.21m/39.4%.

Those night time matches are doing well and on a school night! :o
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have Thunderbirds and Danger Mouse to look forward to next year. I'm quite surprised ITV didn't pick it up since it did so well on their 30yrs of CITV weekend.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member

I bet it will be cheapo CGI Danger Mouse.

Disappointment awaits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ITV only managed fifth place at 9pm with #TheDentists drawing just 1.74m/7.6%. BBC2, C4 and C5 were all just over 2m.

#GameOfThrones ends on season high 1.2m, Sky Atlantic, 9pm. Great telly! Interestingly, in same slot E4's #madeinchelsea finale hits 900k
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get in :blush:
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    The BBC looking to create another piece of event tv by inventing its own music awards (Im assuming the live show is tv and not just radio).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27866047

Interesting being close to Christmas-some kind of rival extravaganza to the Royal Variety Show.
    What ever happened to those awful TOTP Awards they had in the mid-2000s?

EDIT: Answered on previous page!
    Next week: Jamie and the Magic Spliff. ^_^
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV only managed fifth place at 9pm with #TheDentists drawing just 1.74m/7.6%. BBC2, C4 and C5 were all just over 2m.

#GameOfThrones ends on season high 1.2m, Sky Atlantic, 9pm. Great telly! Interestingly, in same slot E4's #madeinchelsea finale hits 900k

That's awful for ITV. Thankfully its not a series.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member

Thats 900k brainless idiots in the UK.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, so Benefit Britain got over 2m on Ch5? Those types of shows always do so well!
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lowest rated primetime match but that's not a bad rating at all.

No its not, especially with Iran having a one track plan. Having said that, it was still interesting to watch them getting a World Cup point. Like the Olympics, this competition just matters all the way through. Although maybe was expecting a few more for Germany- Portugal even if it was a strangely one-sided affair.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,630
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Wow, so Benefit Britain got over 2m on Ch5? Those types of shows always do so well!

It was just a carbon copy of Benefits Street, but in the cheaper Channel 5 style. I have to say I watched it was OK. Was nice to hear someone saying that they can cope, but only just, on benefits. But that's not a debate to have here LOL.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So ITV crashed at 9pm, even with the Corrie lead-in! I imagine the ITV soaps would've held up pretty well since the match on BBC One wasn't anything major.

Saying that, almost 5m is amazing for a match which no seemingly cared about. Just goes to show the power of the World Cup fever on the casual audience.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! I was about to say that. They did those twice, in 2001 and 2002, and I think they were very much aimed as a replacement for the Smash Hits Awards which of course they showed for many years but which were poached by C4 in 2001. Unlike the Smash Hits Awards, though, these were shown early evening on a Saturday, but they never really grabbed the attention, they were quite dull (unsurprising when you've got boring old Ronan Keating presenting them). In terms of presentation they owed a lot to the MTV Europe Awards as well which were a regular fixture on ITV in the late nineties.

Then in 2003, I think, ITV did the National Music Awards on a Thursday night, but everyone's forgotten about those. They were a Simon Fuller production, actually.

There was also "Record of the Year" for a while iirc. I seem to remember it was associated with Jonathan King for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    So ITV crashed at 9pm, even with the Corrie lead-in! I imagine the ITV soaps would've held up pretty well since the match on BBC One wasn't anything major.

Saying that, almost 5m is amazing for a match which no seemingly cared about. Just goes to show the power of the World Cup fever on the casual audience.

Agree, the match average is impressive for who was playing and how it was arguably the dullest game of the World Cup, however it's obvious that BBC2, CH4 and CH5 fought back against the weaker competition in the 9pm slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    all_night wrote: »
    It was just a carbon copy of Benefits Street, but in the cheaper Channel 5 style. I have to say I watched it was OK. Was nice to hear someone saying that they can cope, but only just, on benefits. But that's not a debate to have here LOL.

That's a good rating for Channel 5, to be neck and neck with BBC2 and Channel 4 factual isn't bad at all.

Glad 'A Very British Airline' held up as I've been enjoying it. Does anybody know how Tigers In The House did?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigers about the House- 2.2m (10.1%) on BBC2.

This was what me and my Dad were watching instead of the match, we both enjoyed it. Nice programme.
This discussion has been closed.