✭✭
    Diabolus wrote: »
    Dude come on now- you needed BB to tell you that? :o

LOL!!!
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    d_ream1 wrote: »
    You just don't understand Ken. He was making a point. He was an old man who most likely felt insecure and embarrassed at his old body surrounded by nubile women with bits on show. He tried to diffuse it with bravado, it backfired and he got hounded.

I doubt he really wanted to just stare at girls in their pants.

I could be wrong but I thought Ken was stuck in his 'Reg Holdsworth' role, and was just camping it up a la Benny Hill....

I think he was really uncomfortable with the whole thing, he looked like a rabbit in the headlights on opening night
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jancee wrote: »
    Lust is a word I didn't use. I would agree that it would be wrong for Callum as it would for anyone, male or female, to perv over anyone, male or female. That is the whole point of my OP if you re-read it.

I only made the additional point about age as a side issue.

Yes but when does admiring become perving . None of us can tell what is going on in another person's mind .

We are made to feel attraction to the other sex so the human race can continue .
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cami's got a nerve being "offended" by Ken looking at arses when she walks around with everything showing bar her nips and arse crack
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I thought Ken was stuck in his 'Reg Holdsworth' role, and was just camping it up a la Benny Hill....

I think he was really uncomfortable with the whole thing, he looked like a rabbit in the headlights on opening night

Totally agree. I don't think he knew how to switch off from playing a character and to just be himself. Felt he needed to perform to the cameras all the time and chose to go down the 'rude comedian' type humour. Felt sorry for him in the end with all the girls ganging up on him... o and Perez of course.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Cami's got a nerve being "offended" by Ken looking at arses when she walks around with everything showing bar her nips and arse crack
    she wouldn't have an issue with cal was looking or making comments.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    grazman wrote: »
    Totally agree. I don't think he knew how to switch off from playing a character and to just be himself. Felt he needed to perform to the cameras all the time and chose to go down the 'rude comedian' type humour. Felt sorry for him in the end with all the girls ganging up on him... o and Perez of course.

Glad it wasn't just me then :) I felt sorry for him too
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree that it would be wrong for Callum as it would for anyone, male or female, to perv over anyone, male or female.

So why are women never labelled or called out as 'pervs'? It's always women labelling men as 'pervs', especially in the media
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's part of nature. Lions get attracted to the opposite sex and have fights to win the female over. Happens with other animals. We are no different.

I can't help but look at a nice arse on a woman just by glancing. Shoot me down if you want but it's just the way nature is. Same with gay men looking at men or gay women.
  • Options
    purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then why do young women wear tight, or clothes that leave nothing to the imagination if they don't want to be looked at?

People don't all wear clothes to be looked at, they wear clothes because they make them feel good.

It's a guy thing to believe that all women wear clothes for men to look at.

Your comments are quite revealing (no pun intended).
  • Options
    Maggie 55Maggie 55 Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People don't all wear clothes to be looked at, they wear clothes because they make them feel good.

It's a guy thing to believe that all women wear clothes for men to look at.

Your comments are quite revealing (no pun intended).

Sure about that? All those young female singers performing in basically their bra and pants are doing it because that is the style of dress they feel makes them look good.

Nothing to do with attracting males to listen and look at them and subsequently to buy their music?

Does the music industry have a strange attraction to women who prefer that form of dress usually? I don't see huge numbers of females walking around like that in normal life.

Pity Ken didn't say something about Miley Cyrus twerking or her Wrecking video. Something on the lines of 'Pwhooor did you see that, what a magnificent arse'

Nadia would have had a breakdown.' How dare you say you enjoyed looking at her arse, you are not entitled to look, you dirty pervert, call the police!'

Maggie
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I love to appreciate the female form from the perspective of an artist.

But unfortunately I have this thing called a penis which has ideas of its own.

Hmm well give it a go anyway. The Turner Prize has been won for less eeerrmmm innovative ideas. :D
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loose Women regularly perv on men day in day out, so Miss Nadia can take several seats and get her judgmental ass in order.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Flashing the flesh, as you put it, is a different issue. Are you saying that it's their fault that the poor men can't control their responses or show respect? That's dangerously close to stating they are 'asking for it'.

I agree about the swearing, but from everyone, not just young 'uns.

If we shared a house and i took off my clothes and stood stark naked in front of you, is it your responsibility to look away?

'Perving' is completely subjective, therefore trying to make an objective point about whether it is right or wrong is an exercise in futility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol this topic won't be resolved. Since people are just repeating the same things over and over.
    Men like women. Women are crazy. ;-)

Ken though...he should become a nude artist. I think that's his calling. Isn't that a legitimate way to appreciate the Bum?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For me the issue here is objectification. The problem with Ken's bathroom comment,which made it cringy for me, was that he said it about them as if they weren't there. Thus turning them into objects. Had he addressed his appreciation to them is would have been less unacceptable. Although if it was a compliment it was still crude and heavy handed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the issue here is objectification. The problem with Ken's bathroom comment,which made it cringy for me, was that he said it about them as if they weren't there. Thus turning them into objects. Had he addressed his appreciation to them is would have been less unacceptable. Although if it was a compliment it was still crude and heavy handed.

Loose Women act like that all the time and Nadia like picking up her cheque to sit and do it with those menopausal has-beens day in day out.
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maggie 55 wrote: »

Does the music industry have a strange attraction to women who prefer that form of dress usually? I don't see huge numbers of females walking around like that in normal life.

You want to go for a night out in Blackpool.

Actually, you probably don't. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loose Women act like that all the time and Nadia like picking up her cheque to sit and do it with those menopausal has-beens day in day out.

Well I think the fact that you equate menopause with has-been tells me a great deal about your perspective on this debate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they just happen to be menopausal and has beens. Many older women are still relevant in life, Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, Julie Walters, then again they've talent as opposed to a big mouth like that panel over at Loose Women.

Heck even Nadia sister has a real career with various acting roles. All Nadia can mange is reality tv and Loose Women.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Well I think the fact that you equate menopause with has-been tells me a great deal about your perspective on this debate.

I'm pretty sure that the point was they're has-beens who are menopausal, rather than going through the menopause makes you a has-been ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I shall quote you on that. :D

I was clearly not paying attention to usernames whilst reading this thread, as on reading your name in the comment you're quoting I immediately Googled it thinking they were referring to some dodgy incident involving a public figure, but then struggled to decide whether they meant the JB who was a pro footballer in the 20s, the 60s tv actor or even the author of a Marc Bolan biog! ...Then the penny dropped! :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm female and i find women who openly letch over a man's body quite tacky. I would not like a man doing that to me, so why would I do that to a man, unless there is a mutual attraction and understanding between us. The issue here is that in a trusting dynamic, it's ok.

I also don't flash my bits about, and I wouldn't like it if an attractive man walked around topless if I was feeling particularly randy. It's just not necessary. :)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember on Big Brother when contestants would get their boobs out and others would ask to feel them checking if they were real or not. At one time on BB it was about which female contestant had the biggest breasts that year. In one of the series they were even being offered up to have jam licked off them.

But this year, don't look at female bodies in a sexual way. Police may be involved for the objectification of the female form. You can admire them, but not in a sexual way.