Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will then have a second song/single they can perform at the christmas radio shows and on Alan Carr/Graham Norton and release in January/Feb (my Valentines ballad).

Please no ballad. Stick with the up tempos for singles girls.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please no ballad. Stick with the up tempos for singles girls.

Their vocals shine on some of their ballads though, particularly Towers. I was hoping they'd have 2 uptempo singles out before end of the year so the ballad wouldn't be 2nd single but I'll take what I get. A mid tempo like How Ya Doin, Competition, or Ella Henderson's Ghost would work as well. The 4th/summer single must be either a bop or a banger though.

Moving the album release later has enabled them to put BGT into their promo schedule. Little Mix all year round!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Children in Need annual? They could do their ballad on that.
  • Options
    Rob500Rob500 Posts: 3,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's British NFL fans??

Yes, I'm one of them, and I'm going to that game.

Can't say I'm too happy, an extremely weak choice considering it's the strongest line up team-wise. Probably why it's being announced so late, they didn't want it to negatively affect ticket sales.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The booking itself doesn't sound like it was planned for a long time. Which makes me wonder if it was or if someone else dropped out. Idk. Like CV said, im not sure it's a great idea but whatever lol.

I don't know the UK audience, but sporting events here usually sell well no matter who the entertainment is. Usually Twitter will hear the backlash. I remember when ellie goulding was on nba over here and nobody liked her

Edit: btw WHY can nobody -I mean- nobody say where they first heard it? The first sources just randomly said it. Who told them? Lol
  • Options
    john1995john1995 Posts: 495
    Forum Member
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to sound nasty but Perrie always looks very dirty. I miss her back in the X Factor days - she looked better with less make up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: btw WHY can nobody -I mean- nobody say where they first heard it? The first sources just randomly said it. Who told them? Lol

Not that I consider Twitter accurate, but, someone said @nfl_uk actually posted it but then deleted but not before fans saw it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to sound nasty but Perrie always looks very dirty. I miss her back in the X Factor days - she looked better with less make up.

I see what you're saying but one possible reason is that being the youngest her skin may still be sensitive to all the makeup so the face has to be covered up more for now. I remember Leigh saying during the XF tour that she was taking shots so she wouldnt break out badly, but now that she's older her skin has cleared. Jade and Jesy have always had nice skin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob500 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm one of them, and I'm going to that game.

Can't say I'm too happy, an extremely weak choice considering it's the strongest line up team-wise. Probably why it's being announced so late, they didn't want it to negatively affect ticket sales.

But you stopped by a Little Mix thread. ;-) They are really good, check them out and let us know. I for one am curious to see if the audience reacts.

I cant see the entertainment preshow or halftime affecting sales. Fans are there for the football.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their make up artist is awful. He spends lots of time on the others, crayoning on the lipliner, and then cleans his brushes on Perrie's face. She has very pale skin with a cool tone but he keeps putting on foundation with brown/golden tones instead of pink. The eyebrows are wrong as well. When she does her make up herself she often looks much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I consider Twitter accurate, but, someone said @nfl_uk actually posted it but then deleted but not before fans saw it.

Yet there is no screen shot? I admit it doesn't look good, as he suspects about ticket sales, but still. Just seems very last minute and I don't think this was long planned? IF the NFL account tweet and deleted, it is probably not set in stone. Unless this is the teased announcement? Wouldn't even the girls be hinting more? I don't get it.

Is it gonna be what I suspected regarding new material as well? Might not be the right audience but still. It was "rumored" we would hear music news this month?

Cv- im sure he has his/her opinion already. Probably stopped by to see how we felt or whatever the consensous was. Jmo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their own account doesnt announce appearances so silence isnt surprising. If they try to perform Little Me or even Salute with that audience I'd fire someone, personally. Maybe they're having second thoughts and are pulling out themselves.

On the other point, people can be pleasantly surprised.

My 2 cents: let's wait and see what they say tomorrow about new material.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their own account doesnt announce appearances so silence isnt surprising. If they try to perform Little Me or even Salute with that audience I'd fire someone, personally.
    I'd worry that they might get booed if they did perform one or both of those...:o
    Many sports fans of this type of game don't generally behave in anything but a machismo fashion at these events....(at least the UK ones do)......;-):p.

I'm not sure how a girl band will be received at such a gladiatorial event
    Still, as you say, we'll have to wait and see....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh its not just the UK! IF this is true then maybe if LM poured on the sexy it would go down better.

If they survive a few more years it would make a good "what were they thinking?" story for themselves.
  • Options
    Rob500Rob500 Posts: 3,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a Falcons cheerleader that tweeted it and deleted it soon after. There's been no official confirmation from anywhere near a reputable source - that'll probably be on Sky Sports tomorrow evening.
    But you stopped by a Little Mix thread. ;-) They are really good, check them out and let us know. I for one am curious to see if the audience reacts.

I was merely answering a question I'd seen through Google search results as I was already a forum member ;-)
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NFL gig is weird their music just doesn't suit it, when the girls did Salute at that rugby gig it was with a zero response, since a such pro female song at a mens rugby match was never going to get the greatest response lol, but who knows maybe it'll work. Oh damn i was just reading a NFL UK thread and people are.................well less than thrilled shall we say.

edit: They must be getting paid fairly well from all these extra gigs because otherwise why do them while they are recording for a new album........or their management/label is saying yes regardless lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob500 wrote: »
    I was merely answering a question I'd seen through Google search results as I was already a forum member ;-)

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..." ;-). Well stop by and give us the intel after the game anyway, for yucks.
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Oh damn i was just reading a NFL UK thread and people are.................well less than thrilled shall we say.

There was a lot of whining pre BGT and then a lot of "hey they're good" after.
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but this isn't BGT lol, a lot of these NFL fans were wanting someone more suited to the NFL, and then there a quite a lot who don't even know who they are because they never followed X Factor or other crap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt they get Katy Perry for the Superbowl?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Sorry this is late. Troyboi was filming a video aswell on the 10th. Whether it's for his EP or LM, idk. But this was Same day they worked with Marina.

Oh, thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt they get Katy Perry for the Superbowl?

Ugh yes, like I said over here I don't believe the entertainment deters most fans. They will just complain and that's about it. Lol I remember the NFL tried to get the acts to pay and I guess it didn't happen. Lol

Yes, I understand how non fans feel though. The whole thing is weird to me. It's not going to air worldwide. So, I don't know.

Rob, thanks. I keep asking these fan accounts nobody knows. Lol NOW I know. lol oh well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt dismiss the cheerleader's account entirely. They're part of the program. I'd think her quick deletion makes sense if she was ordered to.

Having pointed out Katy (was Madonna any better a fit?) I will admit the Superbowl halftime show attracts a lot of casual and non football fans, so maybe that would be a partial behind a possible LM booking.

Speaking of bookings, apparently the girls are presenting at that awards show tomorrow. I wonder if they were originally intended to perform new material back when they were slotted in and the album wasnt later but its been amended to present now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix on The Matt Edmonson Show - 10.18.2014
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3EK0IqDJtLI
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3EK0IqDJtLI

They do talk about making the album in the first 4 minutes.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.