Options

Driver Tells Gay Couple “Get Off The Bus”

Comments

• Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is different to the supermarket case. If anyone started snogging in the supermarket is applaud anyone who told then to get a room. On the buses in the evening it's not rare to see affectionate couples so there shouldn't be any discrimination.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Most people here don't need quite that much protection from the evil trollz. I think it's often better to leave offending posts in place, rather than leaving a sanitised version of people's posting history. WNS must have about 30% of his output deleted.

I agree about leaving posts like that in place, i think its just a thin line between trolling and taking the pi$$, given the recent media coverage i assumed that to troll someone was to make a threat.:confused:
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

It is bizarre to suggest that a bus driver is showing tolerance if he 'drives people to their chosen destination' when all he has done is followed his designated route while hurling abuse at the other passengers.

Allegedly.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    As I stated to another poster I have no personal prejudices as I am pansexual. I am just of the belief that these victim stories are lies until proven truth, as evidenced by the majority of them being proven false and made up by the "victim".

What do they get out of making it up though? Media attention? Their names in the papers associated with this? I can't imagine there's much if any money in it.

And if they did make it up they're gonna do what about it? Make some bus driver with no proof lose his job over a bad bus journey which we've all had and they've have to be comfortable enough to do that to someone. Also the no proof thing would have to be considered as a reason to discipline the driver so if they did make it up then it wouldn't have enough proof to be investigated.

Bad stuff like this does happen in life whether it's common or not, people who experience it are the reason things change for the better so as most people don't have to experience it. Let's say it's seen as Ok this driver behaves like this, then what's going to stop him treating other people like that again and again then his bus routes become a bad route for anyone on them. By them reporting it, it'll make things like this less allowed to happen.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most bus drivers round our way couldn't care less what happens on their bus. The times I travel by bus and there's chavs on there mouthing off and acting like complete and utter idiots f'ing and blinding all over the place and the bus driver just couldn't give a toss. One time a woman was on there swearing in front of kiddies and was abusing my disabled wife and he kept turning a blind eye. My wife mentioned it to the bus driver but he didn't seem to want to intervene. It was only when my wife told him that she was being threatened and demanded he stopped the bus to throw this person off or she would be calling the police and making an official complaint that he bothered to do anything about this antisocial drugged up passenger.

This is the only time I've ever witnessed a bus driver throwing someone off a bus. Maybe the drivers around here are all too afraid to to tackle anybody.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    Hardly trolling, more like taking the piss.

Yeah, I meant trolling in the traditional sense -- i.e. someone who posts opinions they don't necessarily agree with just to wind people up.

For what it's worth I don't think posts like his should be deleted, though. All views should be allowed (provided they're not abusive obviously).
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how this is a carbon copy of the Supermarket Snoggers from only last week who claimed they were 'thrown out' of Sainsbury's for 'kissing' which they described as;
    ....she decided to give her girlfriend a spontaneous peck on the cheek.

Now two gay guys get 'thrown off' a bus for what they describe as;
    ....my partner gave me a peck on the lips.

Hhhmmmmm.
  • Options
    WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obligatory disclaimer: I'm gay.

Public displays of attention will attract trouble. If you do it then you're looking for it, so don't be surprised if you get it :D
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    I'm in two minds. A peck on the lips wouldn't upset me at all. But I also feel that there is a staged feeling to these episodes, an elememt of testing boundaries. It isn't wise.
    Somebody here called for the driver's dismissal and doesn't care if he has a family to support - other people will care even if gays don't. It won't do the cause any good if that were to happen.
    And lf course the couple have waited a long time to go public, long enough for the CCTVevidence to have disappeared and witnesses to be untraceable. I cannot help but wonder why.
    On the other hand, if the incident happened exactly as the couple described, it does seem a massive overreaction by the driver. Such a pity we didn't get his side of the story. However, when the couple go the police and he gets charged, we'll hear his side of it then.
    U fil then, I'm prepared to suspend judgement on the matter.

It seems a massive overreaction because we are only seeing one side of the story. We are getting the sanitised version in which the couple are pure as the driven snow and made no reaction when the driver spoke to them. We need to view the cctv and hear the drivers version of what happened before assuming the couple were innocent and abused.

We also need to know why it's taken them so long to complain. If the circumstances are exactly as they claimed then surely the first thing they would have done is to complain to the bus company? Or are they just jumping on the bandwagon of the supermarket kissing incident to see if they can make a few quid?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    It seems a massive overreaction because we are only seeing one side of the story. We are getting the sanitised version in which the couple are pure as the driven snow and made no reaction when the driver spoke to them. We need to view the cctv and hear the drivers version of what happened before assuming the couple were innocent and abused.

We also need to know why it's taken them so long to complain. If the circumstances are exactly as they claimed then surely the first thing they would have done is to complain to the bus company? Or are they just jumping on the bandwagon of the supermarket kissing incident to see if they can make a few quid?
    Exactly this ^^ (bib).
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sensationalism in these stories rarely helps the cause of genuine incidents.

Even if this incident occurred, as people have already stated, the article contradicts the headline. They were not thrown off, they were getting off under their own steam at their designated stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    The sensationalism in these stories rarely helps the cause of genuine incidents.

Even if this incident occurred, as people have already stated, the article contradicts the headline. They were not thrown off, they were getting off under their own steam at their designated stop.
    The sensationalism is also always used to embellish the parts they want to promote such as being "thrown out" whilst that which they don't, such as the reality of the physical contact, get's downplayed and made out as just an innocent "peck on cheek."
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    justatech wrote: »

It's not a massive over reaction when they probably thought as it happened that they deserved it, that this was appropriate behaviour.

There is no law against two people of the same gender kissing on a bus so any reaction they got was out of order but no doubt as they actually were on his bus and did feel obliged to abide by his rules.

In which case he was using his role as a bus driver to dictate how two people could behave on his bus but making up his own rules to which they might have thought were real or at least thought had no choice to follow. And it is extremely likely he reacted out of disgust exactly like that because it's how people do when they feel they have the power over gay people, that type of language and abuse.

You only have to go on youtube comments and see people daily telling gay people how worthless and disgusting they are, their anger fuels them, it's something they express daily and think often.

Bus drivers pick up people on a daily basis and people get into altercations with them day in day out so bus drivers are bound to get complaints regularly and if it was so easy to complain and get action taken, it would happen all the time. So why has this one had action taken on it if it's an over reaction? And frankly if this is true then they should make a few quid, they were the ones paying his wages by paying to use his bus and how he treated them was unfair.

I think it's nice people don't want to beleive this event happened but sadly it is something that does happen to gay people who aren't breaking any laws and aren't dong anything more than sharing a moment with their partner.
  • Options
    LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Well done driver someone on my wavelength.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    BigNipper wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't want to see two men kissing.

I don't wanna see horny teenagers sticking their tongues down each others throats on the bus, yet this is the world we live in. Deal with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done driver someone on my wavelength.

Your wavelength needs updating. Are you still watching in black & white?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I think at the very least he should be named and have his picture put in the newspapers online. That alone should cause him and his family enough embaressment among their neighbours and let them know what kind of family they live next to.

Punishment by all means, but just enough to shake their real life just like he affected their real life.

that`s a horrible, spiteful and unnecessary thing to do. "shaming" someone`s entire family for one of their member`s actions is disgusting and massively destructive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I don't wanna see horny teenagers sticking their tongues down each others throats on the bus, yet this is the world we live in. Deal with it.
    Neither do the general public either though you expect it from the teeny schoolkids because they haven't grown up.

I would have thought at 23 years old these two had left the school playground days behind them. Obviously not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    As I stated to another poster I have no personal prejudices as I am pansexual. I am just of the belief that these victim stories are lies until proven truth, as evidenced by the majority of them being proven false and made up by the "victim".

Uh-huh.
  • Options
    LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Your wavelength needs updating. Are you still watching in black & white?

I aren't blind so no.

This country is to PC and its destroying our country. Us as British citizens should be entitled to say what we like unfortunately there's those who get offended quite easily over the tiniest comments I pity them.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they didn't stay on and call the police
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I aren't blind so no.

This country is to PC and its destroying our country. Us as British citizens should be entitled to say what we like unfortunately there's those who get offended quite easily over the tiniest comments I pity them.

Oh, okay then. You sound like the regular Daily Mail reading knuckle dragging caveman who really should realize what year it is.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I think at the very least he should be named and have his picture put in the newspapers online. That alone should cause him and his family enough embaressment among their neighbours and let them know what kind of family they live next to.

Punishment by all means, but just enough to shake their real life just like he affected their real life.

You can't even spell embarrassment, how embarrassing is that?
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I aren't blind so no.

The irony of you saying this is is that, if I were to post a tirade in your direction regarding your quite frankly ludicrous attitude you'd be hitting the report button like there's no tomorrow.

Hypocrite.
  • Options
    roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I support the bus drivers authority to remove anyone from the bus in the interests of public safety. That is the end of it. PDA are provocative from any gender/sexuality. You take a risk engaging in them. Be willing to pay the price if doing so.