Options

UKIP Watch

Comments

• Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    A new poll on UKIP is out. Not really good news for them during their conference
    http://www.itv.com/news/2015-02-27/poll-exclusive-nasty-ukip-still-most-trusted-on-immigration/
    More than a third of Britons (36%) back Ukip to control immigration, well ahead of the Conservatives (19%), Labour (14%) and the Lib Dems (4%).

Yet a similar number (37%) label the party as being "nasty", a 5% rise from polls in October and 10% higher than the Tories (27%).

And 44% of people interviewed agreed with the statement that Ukip are a racist party, compared to 36% who disagreed - a sharp rise of 12% on the most recent figures.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it stands for United Kingdom - something the SNP don't want.

Or apparently Ukip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those unable to look at a link

Interesting attitude to immigration for someone in UKIP
    Sounds a nice chap. With business acumen like that he should be in a Tory safe seat.
  • Options
    Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Or apparently Ukip.

why not?

the scots people can decide if they want to be prospective candidates for UKIP in the election. if nobody wants to, thats their choice - but UKIP do want to represent the UK, that can't be denied. the same cannot be said of the SNP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why not?

the scots people can decide if they want to be prospective candidates for UKIP in the election. if nobody wants to, thats their choice - but UKIP do want to represent the UK, that can't be denied. the same cannot be said of the SNP.

They may want to represent the UK but given there is only one non England based speaker it doesn't seem they are doing a good job
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    why not?

the scots people can decide if they want to be prospective candidates for UKIP in the election. if nobody wants to, thats their choice - but UKIP do want to represent the UK, that
    UKIP say that they are standing in every Scottish seat so strange that UKIP do not have at least one delegate from Scotland speaking
    Saying that they are probably too busy saving up to pay for the fifty nine lost deposits heading UKIPs way in Scotland.
  • Options
    Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathan Gill looks like Lembit Opik's weirder brother.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    http://www.ukip.org/ukip_margate_conference

The schedule for the two-day conference, in full.

That looks quite a line up, would of loved to have attended. When you look at the names on that list, it makes you realise what a powerhouse UKIP are becoming, especially Diane James and Suzanne Evans. Far better line up than anything Con-Lab has to offer.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11.06 Ladbrokes is now offering odds of 1/3 on Nigel Farage winning South Thanet.

Astonishing odds swing over a very short period.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may want to represent the UK but given there is only one non England based speaker it doesn't seem they are doing a good job

i agree.
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    why not?

the scots people can decide if they want to be prospective candidates for UKIP in the election. if nobody wants to, thats their choice - but UKIP do want to represent the UK, that
    UKIP say that they are standing in every Scottish seat so strange that UKIP do not have at least one delegate from Scotland speaking
    Saying that they are probably too busy saving up to pay for the fifty nine lost deposits heading UKIPs way in Scotland.

perhaps those 59 candidates are 'frightened' of reprisals. after all, look how the tolerant scots treated farage when he was up there last time.

oh, and i'll bet you a fiver (to charity), that UKIP don't lose all 59 deposits in Scotland.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigel has just arrived at the conference.

Live link to his forthcoming speech this afternoon (in about an hours time) - for anyone interested:-

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10177658/events/3844448

Sky News also say they will bring it to us live.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    i agree.

perhaps those 59 candidates are 'frightened' of reprisals. after all, look how the tolerant scots treated farage when he was up there last time.

oh, and i'll bet you a fiver (to charity), that UKIP don't lose all 59 deposits in Scotland.
    You're on. If UKIP put up 59 candidates, I'll donate £10 to charity if they retain any deposits, but you can still donate a fiver if they lose them all:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i agree.

Just out of interest why do you think UKIP will retain any deposits in Scotland? They have never held a single deposit in a Holyrood election and I think they managed to retain one deposit the last GE.
    Apart from bravado and blind faith why do you think they will save even one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree.

[/B]
    Just out of interest why do you think UKIP will retain any deposits in Scotland? They have never held a single deposit in a Holyrood election and I think they managed to retain one deposit the last GE.
    Apart from bravado and blind faith why do you think they will save even one?

naughty naughty.:D you were doing so well.
    the 'mood' of the country has changed since the last election, hence the rise of UKIP. so, from a personal point of view i cannot see them losing all 59 deposits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're on. If UKIP put up 59 candidates, I'll donate £10 to charity if they retain any deposits, but you can still donate a fiver if they lose them all:)

ok.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

the 'mood' of the country has changed since the last election, hence the rise of UKIP. so, from a personal point of view i cannot see them losing all 59 deposits.

You are confusing the mood between England and Scotland. Polls taken in Scotland have UKIP polling zero % in some areas and only 1 or at best 2% in many others.
    And just to ensure UKIP lose every deposit Paul Nuttall spouted his rant on QT. Get that replayed a couple of times on TV up here and that will mean 59 LDs
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are confusing the mood between England and Scotland. Polls taken in Scotland have UKIP polling zero % in some areas and only 1 or at best 2% in many others.
    And just to ensure UKIP lose every deposit Paul Nuttall spouted his rant on QT. Get that replayed a couple of times on TV up here and that will mean 59 LDs

then the charity of your choice wins a fiver.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

then the charity of your choice wins a fiver.:D
    You are on and I will match SDs offer of putting up a tenner against your fiver!
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tis true what he said.....the others are running such negative campaigns.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are on and I will match SDs offer of putting up a tenner against your fiver!

Throwing that sort of money around, you must be on benefits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why not?

Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts

You were saying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

Looks like they want fairness and equality for all of the countries that make up the UK by scrapping the formula that Barnett himself says should no longer be used.

I guess this is what BanglaRoad's predilection for the SNP is as they want what is best for Scotland and see UK equality as not in their interests.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this is what BanglaRoad's predilection for the SNP is as they want what is best for Scotland and see UK equality as not in their interests.
    What has the SNP got to do with voting Ukip?

Anyhow some other little tidbits
    She also announced that Ukip would slash foreign aid payments saving £11bn, and pulling out of the EU would save a further £10bn.

On the seat of every delegate in the slightly faded Winter Gardens in Margate was a glossy leaflet with a picture of a small African child with the heading “Eight reasons why we must cut foreign aid”.

It appeared to back up a poll released yesterday for ITV news that found that 44 per cent of the public believe that Ukip is a racist party – up 12 points from April last year.

Do Ukip have any policy that doesn't involve hatred of folk who aren't White English?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    What has the SNP got to do with voting Ukip??

They are essentially the same at their core. UKIP abhors the EU and wants to get away from it. SNP hates Westminster and wants to do the same.

In light of this, it does however highlight the complete foaming at the mouth being aired in their general direction.

If you think that the UK being the only country in the world to donate the desired 0.7% of its GDP in aid, much of which is given to corrupt African dictators and being used to fund India's space programme is a noble cause, compared to helping those in need in this country who go overlooked, then that's up to you. I've no problem with money going abroad, but there are charities who can do it properly and make sure the money is going where it should, rather than UK donation which, in the main, is used for greasing palms and currying favours.