Options

Rank the Marvel Cinematic Universe

2»

Comments

• Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? The Avengers still is regarded as the best MCU movie no? I know some think Cap 2 and Guardians give it a good run for it's money but Avengers is still the highest rated Marvel movie on IMDB as well as being their biggest box office success. Though I still think Iron Man is still by a mile their best film ;-)

People are saying Cap 2 and Guardians have surpassed it but I think it's that new car smell. I personally did not care for Cap 2 (boring) and GOTG was very good but nowhere near the level of Avengers.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DISNEY/MARVEL:

The Avengers
    Iron Man 1 & Iron Man 2
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Captain America 2
    Thor 1
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 3
    Captain America
    Thor: The Dark World

SONY:

Amazing Spider-Man 2 (don't care, I love it)
    Amazing Spider-Man 1
    Spider-Man 3 (don't care, I love it)
    Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man 1

FOX:

Days of Future Past
    X2 United
    First Class
    X Men 1
    X Men: Last Stand
    X Men: Wolverine Origins
    Fantastic Four
    Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    Daredevil
    Elektra

I haven't seen Blade 1 and 2 in years so can't rank. And other Marvel movies, I haven't seen.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,332
    Forum Member
    Barely seems worth it ranking films of which the best would score no higher than 7/10 (Iron Man/Avengers). The rest simply kill two hours, from the modestly entertaining (Cap 2) to the outright turgid (Cap 1).

It seems these films are big guns these days. Shame they're more whimper than bang overall.

Haven't seen GOTG, but I understand it's an improvement of sorts. Let's hope so anyway - this genre looks set to stay.