Options

Are you less attractive than you think you are?

Comments

• Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I have no answer for that. :o
    Diet Coke then?
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diet Coke then?

I'm still waiting.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I'd like to think I'm more attractive than I think I am.

If I was as attractive as I think I am I would probably have been locked up in a tower somewhere for the benefit of society in general.

Recently an apparently sane female said I looked like Jason Statham (I had to google him) but I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not. :confused:
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is gunna take some workin out! :p

Would I fancy me if I wasn't me? No , I wouldn't and don't understand why some men do fancy me. I know my head is messed up and I have to change the way I see myself. I think most women dislike their body really:(
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you make an effort with your appearance, have a good skincare regime, have good teeth, decent clothes and decent hair, even a plain 4 can become a 6.

I claim I'm a 7 but know I'm really an 8.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    missy83 wrote: »
    I think you are.

Personally I think I am realistic about my looks although my rating of myself goes up and down all the time depending on how I feel.

You are beautiful baby...as much inside as out...
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    I've been told all my life by various people (including one 'family' member who said I'd never be beautiful) that I'm ugly etc, so I'm not under any illusions I'm anything special.... in fact quite the opposite. Funnily enough I was just saying to someone the other day I feel like I am in a world where EVERYONE is beautiful and talented in some way, apart from me that is. I feel like I should be locked away in a tower away from the poor unsuspecting public :D:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been told all my life by various people (including one 'family' member who said I'd never be beautiful) that I'm ugly etc, so I'm not under any illusions I'm anything special.... in fact quite the opposite. Funnily enough I was just saying to someone the other day I feel like I am in a world where EVERYONE is beautiful and talented in some way, apart from me that is. I feel like I should be locked away in a tower away from the poor unsuspecting public :D:(

Don't believe them. I had a guy tell me I was "so ugly" but he wasn't exactly Brad Pitt so I didn't pay attention to him.

And just because he thought I was ugly didn't mean other guys did and other guys don't.
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im probably a 5

not a stunner but not dog ugly either :p
  • Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    apparently if you have lots of money girls like you
    It really does. I had far more interest from women when I was a consultant than any other time, and by some bizarre coincidence I was also on the most money I've been on.

As for how attractive I think I am, it changes. Some days I hate myself, other days I am quite comfortable with it.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pyrohydro wrote: »
    You are beautiful baby...as much inside as out...

You charmer you :D:D
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit of an old hag, but us old hags need love too right!? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    It's actually very common for women to have very low self-esteem over their looks and to rate themselves as fat or ugly when others would not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have to say I am a 1.

As in "1" ugly motherf**ker ! :D
  • Options
    CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ugly on the inside and outside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think those who are less good looking think they're more attractive than they really are. Those who are really good looking tend to think they're less attractive than others see them. I've been told by both men and women that I'm very good looking. Sometimes I feel it and other times I don't.
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah i don't need to score myself...Can quite happily look in the mirror and think 'Ugly Bitch' without needing to resort to scoring...

So long as someone likes me then i couldn't care less about the rest of the world :cool:

I do find it odd that you'll see a ugly woman with an attractive man or vice versa....there seems to be little couples round my town that are 'equally' pretty/ugly...
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    If asked, I would rate my own looks quite lowly - but I just don't give a monkey's.....

I find that good looks can give someone that initial 'WoW!' factor, but count for very little in the long-term.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparently if you have lots of money girls like you

Do you have lots of money? ;)
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its hard to believe, but the wealthier I get, the more attractive I become.
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I get more attractive if I have money or is it only applicable to men?

If so...I'm out looking for a 2nd job tonight lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It occurred to me that most people probably think that they are more attractive than they actually are. It's a defensive mechanism of denial so that they can propagate their dna.

So are you actually a 4 when you think your a 7? and does it matter as long as you can spread your genes, ugly or not.

Many men do becuase their mothers make them believe that from a young age they are handsome. They could be as ugly as heck but mummy would have told them otherwise and what boy doesn't believe his mummy. If you hear it for long enough some start believing it as the truth.

It does matter, I woudn't date an ugly man, one with horrid eyes or bent fat nose. I could never be so cruel to 'future' my children. How thoughtless and inconsiderate!:D
  • Options
    vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a couple of people who think they're better looking than they actually are. One's a guy and the other is a girl...although generally you see a lot of ugly men hitting on girls that are way out of their league in bars and nightclubs. So they must think they're good looking.
    I find men in southern countries to be the worst for it. In a bar in Spain my friend was being stalked by a pot bellied middle aged man who said something along the lines of "Want to come back to mine? I hear English girls like it up the a*se". What a charmer :sleep:
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nickname at school was 'dog'. That shows how ugly I am. Hubby thinks differently, but I'll never be convinced otherwise.
  • Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Do I get more attractive if I have money or is it only applicable to men?

If so...I'm out looking for a 2nd job tonight lol
    To a certain extent it is probably the opposite, some men feel threatened by successful women.

However, plying men with alcohol works wonders :)