Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Virtually everyday somebody posts that they are not going to listen to SA anymore. However, we still get constant reports about his programmes.

Despite 'everybody' switching off, he is still the most-listened to programme in London at that time :confused:

Admittedly, whilst working night shifts, I listen to him from 4am onwards cause after a night shift and listening to endless music, you need someone crazy to break up the night.
  • Options
    Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virtually everyday somebody posts that they are not going to listen to SA anymore. However, we still get constant reports about his programmes.

Despite 'everybody' switching off, he is still the most-listened to programme in London at that time :confused:
    Maybe that's what it's like to be addicted to crack cocaine, probably slag the drug off but can't function without their daily fix.

And that doesn't include those that say they don't but do, I bet their lips are firmly welded to the pipe. 👀
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's what it's like to be addicted to crack cocaine, probably slag the drug off but can't function without their daily fix.

And that doesn't include those that say they don't but do, I bet their lips are firmly welded to the pipe. 👀
    I have to admit to sometimes listening to him, but mostly subliminally while I'm asleep.
    I wonder if this could have any lasting damaging effect?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit to sometimes listening to him, but mostly subliminally while I'm asleep.

Sure you're not just dreaming. 😀
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian is going to look like an even bigger hypocrite when Mrs Brian makes the decision to send the Brianettes to a private school. How is he going to talk his way out of that one?

I guess James O'Brien will have to be nasty to a few more callers as they point out his hypocrisy......
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member

I dip into the podcasts here and there to find out what crap he's been broadcasting and to see if he can sink any lower.

He has a promo on LBC at the moment about his free podcast, who cares about the people he rubbishes on there. 'Just for the podcasters' should be named 'Just for the sycophants'
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm the same. I often fall asleep listening to LBC and wake up to old Fanny Allen drivelling on about the same old worn-out topics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure you're not just dreaming. 😀

More like a nightmare ("…I'm afraid...")! :o
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would rather not discuss my crack habit on the forum! - Mike Rackabit.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iso_Cross wrote: »
    Admittedly, whilst working night shifts, I listen to him from 4am onwards .
    I have to admit to sometimes listening to him,
    James30 wrote: »
    I dip into the podcasts here and there
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    wake up to old Fanny Allen

They are all coming out of the woodwork now ;-)

How long before Radiomaniac admits she is his biggest fan :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all coming out of the woodwork now ;-)

How long before Radiomaniac admits she is his biggest fan :D
    Just because you listen to a presenter from time to time doesn't necessarily mean you like them.
    I go to the dentist, too, but I don't like it!
    I think in Steve's case, it's more a fascination with what a really strange man he is, coupled with outright astonishment that anyone can get away with what he does on broadcast radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you listen to a presenter from time to time doesn't necessarily mean you like them.
    I think in Steve's case, it's more a fascination with what a really strange man he is, coupled with outright astonishment that anyone can get away with what he does on broadcast radio.

Funny you should mention dentist - I went this morning - no fillings so I didn't mind !

If you don't like going, you could change your dentist, but ultimately a dentist is a dentist! With a radio presenter you do have a choice, there are thousands of stations across the world, including many UK based stations, to choose from if you don't want to listen to Steve. Me - I am asleep :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if you had a choice of dentists why would you go to one you don't like?
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    But if you had a choice of dentists why would you go to one you don't like?

Because he/she is nearer and maybe operates on the NHS. Mine is private and I have a mouthful of composite fillings all of which come apart regularly and on average I visit my dentist at least 6 times/year.
    Each time, it's a few minutes work, a blow with air and some light-cured composite applied and about £50+ to boot. Money for old rope.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »
    Noreen was included in the Tweets. He saw it and complained I reckon.

The steveprat allen twitter account is funny ... if its been deleted thats a shame. Who the heck is Noreen anyway?
  • Options
    Carolyn_BrownCarolyn_Brown Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Nick Abbot just cut someone off for calling him "Mr Abbot" in what he thought was a sneering manner and for using the word "apocryphal" twice. The master of sneering complaining about being sneered at. What a ****** he is.

Abbot devoted a good chunk of his programme to moaning about "stupid parents and their stupid children", one of the "stupid" children in question being an infant of two. I'm reminded of something my mother used to say: "The best reared children are an old maid's".

He was thoroughly obnoxious last night. I understand that there are some people in this country who are workshy but a vast majority are not. And his accusations against young people was totally unfair. A lot of people were making good points and I would have liked him to discuss these points of view without his usual sneer. One man phoned in and started shouting so he was cut off, but I can understand why he was shouting. He also accused the right wing press of constantly going on about immigration, well he was being very right wing in his views of everyone on benefits being workshy. Can I just say that some people are on low wages and high private rents so have to supplement with benefits. I am on part benefits because I am a full time carer. I also do a small part time job. But my full rent and council tax doesn't cover this. Oh dear what a scrounger I am. Single mum too by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who the heck is Noreen anyway?

A regular text / e-mailer to Steve.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    The steveprat allen twitter account is funny ... if its been deleted thats a shame. Who the heck is Noreen anyway?

SA number 1 fan.:o

Scary!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    He lets people speak too.

Only if they are not old age pensioners with dogs and he feels the need to put the boot in!
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Only if they are not old age pensioners with dogs and he feels the need to put the boot in!

And placards :D
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    A caller to Iain said earlier "Hello Nick", Iain replied "No I'm not him but I've been called a lot worse". Then added, "You could have called me James"! I guess the two aren't the best of bosom/moobs buddies. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    redvers36 wrote: »
    I guess James O'Brien will have to be nasty to a few more callers as they point out his hypocrisy......

...He'll be hosting Newsnight this Friday. Get ready to draw up a chair, redvers. This non-telegenic - radio face only - will be making yet another foray into TV where the glare of this over-sized student with furrowed brow and legs akimbo could enter our very living rooms for seconds longer than desired if the remote control isn't within easy reach. :o
    Do look out for yourselves folks. ;-)
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    ...He'll be hosting Newsnight this Friday. Get ready to draw up a chair, redvers. This non-telegenic - radio face only - will be making yet another foray into TV where the glare of this over-sized student with furrowed brow and legs akimbo could enter our very living rooms for seconds longer than desired if the remote control isn't within easy reach. :o
    Do look out for yourselves folks. ;-)

If it's a Friday night he'll only be getting to do half a show. On Fridays they have the 30 minute, pre-filmed 'Artswatch' slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nosedive wrote: »
    If it's a Friday night he'll only be getting to do half a show. On Fridays they have the 30 minute, pre-filmed 'Artswatch' slot.

What a relief! At least the cameramen won't have to get their lenses reinforced to prevent them from cracking. ;-):D
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Dale should win a Sony award for this LBC Labour leadership debate. This is sparkling brilliant radio. Well done to Iain and LBC on this. Tremendous radio.
This discussion has been closed.