Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Apparently they pre-recorded Alan Carr on 26th Nov which is to be aired on Christmas Day.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little me on Paul O Grady good quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdae41kdVQE

I confess - although this track started out as not being my 'cup-of-tea' - the girls do sing it very well indeed (it is still not my favourite) ...but it is now beginning to grow on me... :blush:
    I'll be be interested in seeing what they have come up with for the MV..

Move on the other hand, was instant for me...:p
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as some of you guys think Little Mix isn't suitable for the Salute era (I disagree), they could just brand themselves as "LM". It's written on their music artwork anyway.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as some of you guys think Little Mix isn't suitable for the Salute era (I disagree), they could just brand themselves as "LM". It's written on their music artwork anyway.

"ElleM" then they could be on Vogue. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member

It would probably work that way if they had a name like 1D or 5H or E3 which people could pronounce it straight away. But can you really imagine people saying "L-M"? I personally don't even if I type "LM" sometimes I still say "Little Mix" in my head.

CV "ElleM" is actually a pretty good name and would go well with them lol, too bad it's probably too late for them to change their name now.
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Little Me is now in the top 40 on iTunes currentley at 34 :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    The girl group Neon Jungle got to perform on Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMcQVAPA9nw#t=17

Management need to this sort of thing for LM. Imagine Salute ...................

So to quote on myself, this girl group is currently #65 on the US itunes......
    interesting technique done by their management. Hopefully LM management can do something similar promotion and get them on TV shows
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Horrible performance! Lol

Which part was missed? Did I miss something? All they did was to shorten the song which is fab.
    Although I don't really like the song, The girls saaang and delivered! And like it should be done!
    I miss Jesy's add libs and why was Jade's mic off?...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    I confess - although this track started out as not being my 'cup-of-tea' - the girls do sing it very well indeed (it is still not my favourite) ...but it is now beginning to grow on me... :blush:
    I'll be be interested in seeing what they have come up with for the MV..

Move on the other hand, was instant for me...:p

I'm still not a fan of the song but kudos for the message behind it.
    My daughter's school had a workshop on bullying last week and this song sprung to mid.
    With a great vid close to a mini movie this song can place them on a respectable position.

Move is a classic to me, that's my jam, one of my faves along with DNA...

I adore LM, they just make me smile. I love great singers, harmonisers, interpreters, they just tick the right boxes..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Destiny child did not become, Destiny Madam, or Destiny whatever. I think they should remain as Little Mix pronounced as Lil Mix or just LM..
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    Move is a classic to me, that's my jam, one of my faves along with DNA...
    I adore LM, they just make me smile. I love great singers, harmonisers, interpreters, they just tick the right boxes..

All of the above :D
    aldu wrote: »
    Destiny child did not become, Destiny Madam, or Destiny whatever. I think they should remain as Little Mix..
    I'm not really following the fuss about the name - I mean was there any fuss over "Sugababes" or "Girls Aloud"??
    I think Little Mix is too well established now to consider any change for the forseeable future..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    I'm not really following the fuss about the name - I mean was there any fuss over "Sugababes" or "Girls Aloud"??
    I think Little Mix is too well established now to consider any change for the forseeable future..

I think its too late to change Little Mix (although I still like "Lil Mix" but Little Richard never suffered did he?) but "Sugababes" is not about babies but hot babes, "Girls Aloud" is a play on "No Girls Allowed" and "Destiny's Child" has nothing to do with children, so I dont see the comparison. I mean I get Little Mix was supposed to be a play on little bit of this and that, and the fact that they are tiny, but writing it out as "Little" took the edge off it.

Just to be pedantic. :p

Does anyone know generally how many potential seats they could sell in this tour currently with these venues and dates? Is it over 100k?

Friday 16th May Birmingham LG Arena
    Saturday 17th May Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    Monday 19th May Edinburgh Usher Hall
    Tuesday 20th May Glasgow Clyde Auditorium
    Wednesday 21st May Glasgow Clyde Auditorium *new date added*
    Friday 23rd May Liverpool Echo Arena
    Saturday 24th May Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Sunday 25th May London The O2 (Bank holiday)
    Tuesday 27th May Manchester Phones 4u Arena
    *venue upgraded from Manchester O2 Apollo*
    Wednesday 28th May Nottingham Capital FM Arena
    *date change and venue upgrade from Nottingham Royal Concert Hall*
    Friday 30th May Plymouth Pavilions
    Saturday 31st May Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    Monday 2nd June Blackpool Opera House
    Wednesday 4th June Bournemouth BIC
    Thursday 5th June Cardiff Motorpoint Arena *new date added*
    Friday 6th June Brighton Centre
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here's the interview portion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBMSn0-wnc

Pretty straight up interview mostly about their international experiences and no mention of 1D which is icing on the cake. That clip of them singing in Japanese acapella never gets old.

Jade acknowledges the album was "made for arenas".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh.
    The former X Factor stars sang their new single Salute on the ITV show, two years to the day since they were crowned the winners at the end of the eighth series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2522219/Little-Mix-perform-new-single-The-Paul-OGrady-Show.html

Once again, the headline is about Jesy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio City Live interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooVt9YPnrHo

I: When do we get to see {Little Me] video?

Jesy: Do you know what, we're still waiting for it. We haven't even seen the first edit of it.

That was Dec. 6?

Perrie got the name of the single wrong on the intro.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Loved that interview! Jesy's impression at the end is amazing :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member

Lol @ Jesy not being there for that. Lerrie seem to have been pretty close lately
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its too late to change Little Mix (although I still like "Lil Mix" but Little Richard never suffered did he?) but "Sugababes" is not about babies but hot babes, "Girls Aloud" is a play on "No Girls Allowed" and "Destiny's Child" has nothing to do with children, so I dont see the comparison. I mean I get Little Mix was supposed to be a play on little bit of this and that, and the fact that they are tiny, but writing it out as "Little" took the edge off it.

Just to be pedantic. :p

Does anyone know generally how many potential seats they could sell in this tour currently with these venues and dates? Is it over 100k?

Friday 16th May Birmingham LG Arena
    Saturday 17th May Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    Monday 19th May Edinburgh Usher Hall
    Tuesday 20th May Glasgow Clyde Auditorium
    Wednesday 21st May Glasgow Clyde Auditorium *new date added*
    Friday 23rd May Liverpool Echo Arena
    Saturday 24th May Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Sunday 25th May London The O2 (Bank holiday)
    Tuesday 27th May Manchester Phones 4u Arena
    *venue upgraded from Manchester O2 Apollo*
    Wednesday 28th May Nottingham Capital FM Arena
    *date change and venue upgrade from Nottingham Royal Concert Hall*
    Friday 30th May Plymouth Pavilions
    Saturday 31st May Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    Monday 2nd June Blackpool Opera House
    Wednesday 4th June Bournemouth BIC
    Thursday 5th June Cardiff Motorpoint Arena *new date added*
    Friday 6th June Brighton Centre

Total maximmum capacity representing all seated:
    14,000*+11,000+2900+3000+3000+11,000+13500+23000+20000+10000+2500+7500+3000+6500+7500+5000=140400

100,000+ is perfectly feasible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marina_Ox wrote: »
    Lol @ Jesy not being there for that. Lerrie seem to have been pretty close lately

I really find her 'unprofessionalism' in interviews strangely endearing, like getting up and reaching across for the snacks in the middle of the others talking. Then she stole the show with the impression. :cool:

Jesy is the best :)
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    I really find her 'unprofessionalism' in interviews strangely endearing, like getting up and reaching across for the snacks in the middle of the others talking. Then she stole the show with the impression. :cool:

I actually guffawed out loud at that part - it's Leigh's and Jade's reactions that make it so comical. :D:D
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    To be fair Leigh-Anne is eating the crisps too!,

and i'd have that reaction if there was a pack of kettle crisps open across the other side ofthe room :D
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    the girls were at a school today filming for sports relief
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »

Now that I've seen the unedited ITN interviews I bet that kind of thing goes on all the time with anybody. The only difference is that its kept with LM interviews to help with that informal fresh image.

It makes US interviews look dull and stiff by comparison. Good thing these girls are British.
This discussion has been closed.