Options

There's A Killer Amongst Them - BIG Promotional Campaign - NEW Billboards

EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just spotted on Twitter that London billboards, promoting the 'What Killed Lucy?' storyline, are already in place :D

They look fantastic. I can't remember the last time Eastenders, or any soap for that matter, went all out with such extensive promotion? It's really quite exciting to see DCT taking an almost more cinematic approach to advertising. These are bound to bring the ratings back up for Monday's episode. In the long run, I hope the storyline manages to re-establish Eastenders as the UK's top rated soap.

This storyline really seems to be something big. I know a lot of viewers were left a bit underwhelmed with Lucy's ending scene last night... but I think there's going to be some immense twists along the way. She didn't die in those woods, no way. I've posted up exactly what I think happened to Lucy, so I won't go into it again - But if I'm right, I think this will probably be one of the best storylines EE have ever produced.

All hail Sir Dominic Treadwell-Collins ;)

Comments

• Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Indeed! All hail The DTC, he really knows how to make everyone feel excited and involved . I hope we're loving him more by this time next year.

There's going to be so much promo for this . . .
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last time EE had billboard/posters out and around London was when Ronnie and Roxy arrived.

So exciting. Hope this works for the show. They deserve it to.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They look great. I love Matt Di Angelo's tweet about Ian's one promoting Homebase's buy one get one free deal on duct tape :D
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really glad that they've used some of their budget on new and innovative ways of advertising that they have done in ages as it's really helping make the whole storyline seem like a huge deal. The trailer has clocked up nearly 50,000 views on YouTube in less than 24 hours and everybody just seems so excited, getting a real thrill from Eastenders at the moment.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promoting a storyline in this way is a double edged sword. It might draw people in but it might also push people away. In fact I know 2 people who've watched it since it began in the 1980s but aren't interested in this storyline so have given up watching it till this storyline is over.
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    Promoting a storyline in this way is a double edged sword. It might draw people in but it might also push people away. In fact I know 2 people who've watched it since it began in the 1980s but aren't interested in this storyline so have given up watching it till this storyline is over.

I'm with you on this. But hopefully, while some viewers are likely to be lost; more should be gained :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an exciting time for Eastenders, it feels a million miles away from where they were at a few months back !
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are getting a bit too overexcited with all of this. EastEnders has it's fans and that's that, putting posters of Denise holding some bleach in the underground is hardly going to gain new viewers.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this only done in London or all over the country?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I think people are getting a bit too overexcited with all of this. EastEnders has it's fans and that's that, putting posters of Denise holding some bleach in the underground is hardly going to gain new viewers.

Whether it does or it doesn't its still big promotion that the show hasn't seen for a while and this is exciting.

Its called creating hype. All the billboards, hashtags and trailers will make people want to know. That could be anything from watching one or two episodes on iPlayer to catching up completely.

EastEnders didn't get its fans by sitting quietly in the corner. ::):kitty:
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Good to see Will they keep this up until the big 30th ? I hope so they can always change it up a bit as they narrow down the suspects which i assume will happen over the coming months
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I'm not sure the trailer will entice new viewers. It's a bit random.
  • Options
    S.Thomas-DuffyS.Thomas-Duffy Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not sure the trailer will entice new viewers. It's a bit random.

I agree there, I think the trailer is excellently spooky and well made, but I don't think it should be there to try and get new viewers in.

Glad to see that there are posters up around, I think it is unlikely they would be all over the country, as it's a London based show etc.

Don't/didn't particularly like Lucy but have a lot of respect for everyone involved in this sl, lets hope it's brilliant! :)
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    EastEnders has it's fans and that's that, putting posters of Denise holding some bleach in the underground is hardly going to gain new viewers.

Haha that really tickled me :D

I hope there is some sort of pay-off in the long run, DTC is really working his butt off to show that EE is dedicated to prosuxing high-quality drama
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member

This post killed me.

And any buzz is good buzz.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that is awesome there doing billboards for this storyline. But I dont think it will be Carl or Denise on those billboards as both were at home when it happened
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they any billboards anywhere except London for this?
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    It's great, but the best way to entice more viewers is word of mouth from it's current viewers. Keep telling people how good it is and more people will tune in to see whats going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow that is awesome there doing billboards for this storyline. But I dont think it will be Carl or Denise on those billboards as both were at home when it happened

What does any of this mean?
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    They look really cool! The Lauren and Peter one is like the front of the Sun's Tv mag.

Denise's eyes in that second pic, I saw the trailer after last night's ep and I thought it looked very surreal, their eyes look like they've been on something, especially Kat!
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving this sl and everything