Options

Masterchef Australia Season 7 First Look

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Michael09 wrote: »
    Google is your friend :), that's as much as I can say without breaking the rules ;).

I don't understand - what do you mean? I would love to watch MC Australia but do not have Watch Channel. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trigger64 wrote: »
    I don't understand - what do you mean? I would love to watch MC Australia but do not have Watch Channel. Anyone have any ideas?

I've sent you a PM ;)
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    May be triton can reply on this one - Was John, the flight attendant, the most hated Masterchef Australia contestant this series if not of the show ever??? To me he was, what a bloody show-off!>:(

Not going to give anything away for those who has not since the latest series yet, but those who has seen the Relay challenge will know.
  • Options
    Debs79hDebs79h Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    May be triton can reply on this one - Was John, the flight attendant, the most hated Masterchef Australia contestant this series if not of the show ever??? To me he was, what a bloody show-off!>:(

Not going to give anything away for those who has not since the latest series yet, but those who has seen the Relay challenge will know.

Lol I'm amazed they took it so calmly, would love to have been a fly on the wall back at the house to see what really got said about the situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could anyone who has been watching this series so far tell me if Thai Sweetcorn Fritters were made by someone - I'm sure I saw them getting made but I can't see the recipe on the site.

I can find other recipes on different sites but got a bit of tunnel vision with this one - going to re-watch the episodes to find it but hoping someone can help me narrow it down hopefully I've not imagined it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Debs79h wrote: »
    Could anyone who has been watching this series so far tell me if Thai Sweetcorn Fritters were made by someone - I'm sure I saw them getting made but I can't see the recipe on the site.

I can find other recipes on different sites but got a bit of tunnel vision with this one - going to re-watch the episodes to find it but hoping someone can help me narrow it down hopefully I've not imagined it!

I'm only up to ep 16, so when I come across that ep, I will let you know.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm only up to ep 16, so when I come across that ep, I will let you know.:)

Thank you - I'm starting to suspect I may have got confused with another fritter recipe I can see on the master chef site but I'm sure I wouldn't have fancied trying that one lol
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I know he got a lot of flak on social media for that challenge, but because I watch each week's episodes on the next weekend I have to avoid spoilers by keeping away from public commentary. There have been contestants in the past whose personalities many viewers found pretty annoying all the time, whereas my guess is that it's mostly just the way John goes about cooking that gets people's goats.

Thai sweetcorn fritters don't ring a bell with me.

Apparently this series ends on 29 July, which makes it 12 weeks long. I thought it would be longer after it bounced back last season (they've done 14 weeks before) because it's the network's only really successful prime-time show. Again there's no overseas trip (unless it's still to come in the few weeks remaining), which is also disappointing. The cash-strapped network probably doesn't think there's enough benefit from the extra cost.
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    this series ends on 29 July

Sorry, that should have been 27 July.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they are always so desperate to win the advantage - rarely does it bode well for he winner of it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello lovely fellow MCA fans!

I am faced with something of a perplexing situation for series 7 of MCA. I no longer have Sky, therefore I no longer have Watch. Watch aren't joined up to Now TV. So really it's a great big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me here! Yes I know, to some (most) of you, you're thinking, what a loser.

But in all seriousness - how can I watch this series online? I have a smart TV, so I can get online and various apps etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

From what I've seen on twitter, it looks like some of the contestants were of such a high standard, so I really want to watch!

Thanks in advance everyone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    Hello lovely fellow MCA fans!

I am faced with something of a perplexing situation for series 7 of MCA. I no longer have Sky, therefore I no longer have Watch. Watch aren't joined up to Now TV. So really it's a great big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me here! Yes I know, to some (most) of you, you're thinking, what a loser.

But in all seriousness - how can I watch this series online? I have a smart TV, so I can get online and various apps etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

From what I've seen on twitter, it looks like some of the contestants were of such a high standard, so I really want to watch!

Thanks in advance everyone!

It airs on Watch, 15 Sept I believe for those who wants to know. Anyway you can watch the whole season on YouTube.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just emailed UKTV, and they actually replied almost straight away, but gave a start date of 28 Sep, which would be going some to finish before Xmas if its 12 weeks.
  • Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would avoid YouTube like the plague. I watched a couple of episodes on there, and the next thing, in the list of episodes down the side, was "Masterchef Australia 7 - Interview With The Winner". It would have been OK if they'd just had the logo, but no, there was a picture !
    Great series though, I'm up to Ep 44
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be really sad and watch it on youtube in time with it on watch. I miss having Watch channel. I feel like begging them to put it available on now TV.
  • Options
    sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    62 episodes apparently.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup - think its 12 weeks x 5 eps, plus the final over two shows.
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone needs to tell the cooks that MPW is not the world's greatest chef. It really winds me up when they keep going on about him being the best chef in the world

They do not realise that MPW is not revered in the UK where he is seen as a triumph of style over substance. He gives me the creeps.