Voting percentages revealed!

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    So Cher did better when she sang proper songs and not rap.

Not really, when she sang a 'proper' song (Depending on what you class Proper) she was bottom of the votes i.e Dreamer or w/e when she sat on the staircase.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Mozitski wrote: »
    Not really, when she sang a 'proper' song (Depending on what you class Proper) she was bottom of the votes i.e Dreamer or w/e when she sat on the staircase.

The week she sang Stay without any rapping involved she did extremely well with the voting.

Makes me think the judges didn`t know the voting results or they`d have encouraged her to stop the rapping.
  • Options
    lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think X Factor is 'fixed' why would you believe these voting results? Aren't they 'fixed' too? :confused:
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    Don't you think that this actually PROVES that the judges don't know the voting figures?
    No-one can actually tell me what Simon/ITV gain by putting unpopular acts through because the answer is absolutely nothing!

Other than everyone voting twice as hard for their favourites to get rid of Katie.

Or how many front pages of newspapers throughout the week, not just Saturday/Sunday/Monday?

Katie and Wagner gone in week 1 and 2 would've been fine, but where would the outrage be and the added attention if someone went against someone who was actually more talented?
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    Don't you think that this actually PROVES that the judges don't know the voting figures?
    No-one can actually tell me what Simon/ITV gain by putting unpopular acts through because the answer is absolutely nothing!

Simon knows the voting figures and the fact that deadlock is only used when one of his faves is really safe shows that fact to be true.

He's after the publicity not the best singer and all the claims about deadlock when it suits them for Cher and Katie are proved true by these figures.

Coincidence...I think not
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loz wrote: »
    If you think X Factor is 'fixed' why would you believe these voting results? Aren't they 'fixed' too? :confused:

No, they are overseen by an independent company.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loz wrote: »

No they are controlled by a third party and are probably the only genuine thing in the whole show :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    How did Cher steal it by performing better in the sing off than Mary?

You must be tone deaf or biased Paiige and Mary destroyed Cher in the sing off as they sang in tune.
    UAF wrote: »
    <sigh> you are either very bad at reading tables or very bad with numbers. cher was above paije in the voting every week apart from the week he went out. this means that in total cher had received more votes than paije by that time, unless on that particular week there was a surprisingly high surge in the numbers of votes cast - highly unlikely. there is no way getting around that fact so i am surprised you are still trying to.

No Wrong again,you have misread my post I said that Paiige was picking up votes polling more votes each week until in the end of week 7 his total was higher than Chers, hers stayed the same after week 4 and Paiige was more popular. Paiige polled over 9% of the vote as his fan base was growing Chers was not.:D
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt almost killed everybody every week except 1st week. Rebecca was a slow burner and gradually started to pick up votes. Mary never went below 10%
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I'm watching next year if they don't reform the voting to public vote only :mad:

Simon and Cheryl have well and truely shot them selfs in the foot.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    What other songs are on Matt's CD?
  • Options
    spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some basic mathematical calculations show...

After Cher left the remaining three acts split the vote:-

Matt 39.8%
    Rebecca 37.9%
    One Direction 22.3%

After One Direction were eliminated the final two split the vote:-

Matt 52.2%
    Rebecca 47.8%

Just over one quarter (25.7%) of all the final week's votes were placed before Freeze 1 on Saturday, when Cher was knocked out

Just over one third (35.5%) of all the final week's votes were placed between Freeze 1 on Saturday and Freeze 2 on Sunday evening, when One Direction left

The heaviest voting period of all was when it was down to the final two, with 38.8% of all the final week's votes being given.

Two things strike me as interesting...

1. How close the vote split was between Matt and Rebecca once it came down to the final three, and then the final two

2. By far the heaviest voting (given the relatively short time period) occurred when it came down to the final two, Matt and Rebecca

Thank you very much for this, I'd just done the calculation myself and was unsure whether everything had calculated accurately but I get the same answers as you for everything so nice to have the justification!

I too am surprised at the weighting of the voting during the final period (38.80% of all votes cast when down to the final 2) - didn't think it would be that high AT ALL :eek:
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    In summary - if they had dragged the final out for another 30 minutes and/or Rebecca had sung her winners song first she might have won! Singing the winners song first makes a big difference when its close!

No, between Matt and Rebecca at each stage of the final:-

Stage 1:-
    Matt 60.83%
    Rebecca 39.17%

Stage 2:-
    Matt 51.18%
    Rebecca 48.82%

Stage 3:-
    Matt 52.15%
    Rebecca 47.83%

So Matt actually took more of the Matt/Rebecca vote in Stage 3 than he had in Stage 2, therefore was actually pulling away from Rebecca more than he had in either of Stage 1 or Stage 2.

Although in stages 2 and 3 both Matt and Rebecca were fairly closely matched.

The big change in the Matt/Rebecca vote is after Stage 1 (i.e. when Cher got eliminated) - by the time the vote froze at Stage 2, Rebecca had gained 9% and Matt had lost 9% (although Matt still was getting more votes than Rebecca). What that effectively means is that once Cher got the boot, the majority of her votes transferred to Rebecca!!! :eek:

Who would have thought it?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    Simon knows the voting figures and the fact that deadlock is only used when one of his faves is really safe shows that fact to be true.

He's after the publicity not the best singer and all the claims about deadlock when it suits them for Cher and Katie are proved true by these figures.

Coincidence...I think not

Well Simon was gobsmacked on Xtra factor when K. Huq read out the voting figures that one direction was NEVER in the top three he had to look at the card for 5 mins
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    aimee321 wrote: »
    Cher was behind Mary when they decided to take it to judges vote!
    Cher bottom in semi final. Fix-gate proven true!

agreed simon wanted her in the final. Shame mary had to loose out
  • Options
    walaboobahwalaboobah Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kingsy wrote: »
    Mary did beat Cher then.

There's a surprise, I hope this kills the rumours that the judges didn't know the voting figures prior to their decision
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsy wrote: »
    Mary did beat Cher then.

By my calculation over the whole 10 weeks Mary got more actual votes than Cher and she was in for one week less.

Mary = 1,972,094

Chare = 1,613,546

And she nearly got more than One D as well

One D = 1,986,100

Any mathematicians out there are free to correct me if I'm wrong :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    You must be tone deaf or biased Paiige and Mary destroyed Cher in the sing off as they sang in tune.

No Wrong again,you have misread my post I said that Paiige was picking up votes polling more votes each week until in the end of week 7 his total was higher than Chers, hers stayed the same after week 4 and Paiige was more popular. Paiige polled over 9% of the vote as his fan base was growing Chers was not.:D

Cher destroyed Mary in the singoff, end of, and she was MUCH better in the semi-final show also. Cher going through over Mary was an obvious decision. I don't know hardly anyone that would want Mary in the final, when faced with the option of a singoff between the two apart from Cher haters and die hard Mary fans (if there is any) whereas alot of people wanted to see Cher in that final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    By my calculation over the whole 10 weeks Mary got more actual votes than Cher and she was in for one week less.

Mary = 1,972,094

Chare = 1,613,546

And she nearly got more than One D as well

One D = 1,986,100

Any mathematicians out there are free to correct me if I'm wrong :D

Well for a start your calculation will depend on how you are assuming the 15million votes in total that were cast are broken down on a week-by-week basis.

What have you assumed for total number of votes cast in each of Week 1 through to Week 10? Linear scale? Quadratic? Exponential?
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I read somewhere that about half of all votes cast are cast in the final (and a large numer in the first show). The casual voters come out in force then.Probably why Eoghan and Diana got annihilated in the votes towards the end despite topping the votes pretty much all series.

I suspect Simon feared Mary would get a lot of casual voters due to her story/strong potential regional vote so desperately wanted her OUT by the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I read somewhere that about half of all votes cast are cast in the final (and a large numer in the first show). The casual voters come out in force then.Probably why Eoghan and Diana got annihilated in the votes towards the end despite topping the votes pretty much all series.

I suspect Simon feared Mary would get a lot of casual voters due to her story/strong potential regional vote so desperately wanted her OUT by the final.

I agree with that hypothesis. Which makes slojo's assertion that "Chare" got less votes than Mary throughout the entire series not very credible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cher destroyed Mary in the singoff, end of, and she was MUCH better in the semi-final show also. Cher going through over Mary was an obvious decision. I don't know hardly anyone that would want Mary in the final, when faced with the option of a singoff between the two apart from Cher haters and die hard Mary fans (if there is any) whereas alot of people wanted to see Cher in that final.

Mary sang in tune Cher wailed like a cat on a hot tin roof so Mary won, as you say" end of" also Mary polled consistently more votes every week including the sing off week, Mary was never in the bottom 2 either until that week with Cher(who was Bottom) and thats not even open for discussion. As regards fans Mary obviously has more fans than Cher because she got more votes, just because you and half a dozen of your mates didnt want to see he that doesnt mean everyoner:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spiidey wrote: »
    Well for a start your calculation will depend on how you are assuming the 15million votes in total that were cast are broken down on a week-by-week basis.

What have you assumed for total number of votes cast in each of Week 1 through to Week 10? Linear scale? Quadratic? Exponential?

Think theyve taken 22% of 1mill, saying she got 220000 votes! Clueless! haha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mary sang in tune Cher wailed like a cat on a hot tin roof so Mary won, as you say" end of" also Mary polled consistently more votes every week including the sing off week, Mary was never in the botton 2 either until that week with Cher(who was Bottom) and thats not even open for discussion. As regards fans Mary obviously has more fans than Cher because she got more votes:D

Mary has more fans than Cher? Behave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mary has more fans than Cher? Behave.

She has as she got more votes, Marys fans dont go on fan groups online so you cannot quantify how many she really has.
    The votes all the way through suggest Mary has more fans.