Comments

• Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Any news of the DVD ?
    I am Pissed off.

The earliest you can expect a DVD release will probably be around September/October time and that's in the States god knows when (or if) it'll be released here >:(
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    The earliest you can expect a DVD release will probably be around September/October time and that's in the States god knows when (or if) it'll be released here >:(

oh fabulous.
    absolutely bloody fabulous !!
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently viewing figures on CH5 had been dropping across eps but not drastically... again, I don't think downloads are to blame. There is always a drop off of viewers with the odd peak here and there depending on story/content.
    Maybe it never grabbed enough viewers to keep 5 happy from the start - I read somewhere that the s1 prem only drew in 2.2 million viewers, not sure what percentage of the share that was, though.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Blaming downloaders is smoke and mirrors.
    Not entirely. It has to be a factor.
    Many more people download CSI, NCIS and The Mentalist but Channel 5 are still running with those.
    Do we have any comparative viewing figures for these other shows?
  • Options
    stonostono Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Not entirely. It has to be a factor.

maybe but increasingly people also seem to be watching series like this in backlog with chunks of episodes as well, so completely out of synch with the actual broadcast, I dont know how BARB copes with that, but thats also a factor for lower audience figures, but seemingly one we ignore when talking about audience figures actually watching the show.

for instance Ive still got the whole of season 2 stuck on my Sky box to watch, Ill get round to it eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't currently got the time to dig up viewing or download figures. Check out BARB and various torrent/forum sites for an idea. Google is your friend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    That's a shame, it's one of the only series I've really got into in the past couple of years.

It was on for a long time though, and over summer it's very easy to miss episodes. I can't remember the American schedule exactly, but I wonder if we'd have been better maybe starting six weeks later but two episodes per week.

I don't know if such long series with mid-season breaks appeal to the UK market the same. Only anecdotal I know, but most people I know are moaning about the one in The Mentalist at the moment, and I know a few people who, while enjoying Lost, didn't like the format much (I watched it on DVD so can't really comment, other than to say I did have to re-watch the odd early one to remember what was happening, I can see how you could give up if you couldn't remember what was going on).
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I'm sure a sky channel will pick it up and to be truthful it was wasted on channel 5 anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick flick through the BARB figures for OUAT Season 2, only looking at top 10 shows per week to see if it figured:
    s02e01 - 1.5 million viewers (CSI 1.9)
    s02e02 - 1.3 million (CSI 2.1)
    s02e03 - 1.192 million (CSI 2.0)
    s02e04 - 1.3 million (CSI 2.0)
    s02e05 - 1.25 million (CSI 2.0)
    s02e06 - 1.4 million (CSI 2.24)
    s02e07 - not in top 10, less than 1.16 million (CSI 2.25)
    s02e08 - 1.033 million (CSI 2.5)
    s02e09 - 978k (CSI 2.2)
    s02e10 - 1.152 million (CSI 2.3)
    s02e11 - 1.3 million (CSI 2.3)
    s02e12 - not in top 10, less than 1.2 million (CSI 2.1)
    s02e13 - not in top 10, less than 1.3 million (CSI 2.2)
    s02e14 - not in top 10, less than 1.4 million (CSI 2.3)
    s02e15 - not in top 10, less than 1.3 million (CSI 2.2)
    s02e16 - not in top 10, less than 1.2 million (CSI 2.2)
    s02e17 - not in top 10, less than 1.3 million (CSI 2.1)
    s02e18 - not in top 10, less than 1.1 million (CSI:NY 2.0)
    s02e19 - 1.2 million (BB 1.9)
    s02e20 - not in top 10, less than 1.1 million (CSI:NY 1.9)
    s02e21 - not in top 10, less than 1.6 million (CBB 2.9)
    s02e22 - not in top 10, less than 1.8 million (CBB 2.3)

All of these were beaten by (amongst other things like BB and CBB) new, and repeat, episodes of the CSI, NCIS and Mentalist programmes. Programmes that are downloaded illegally just as much as, if not more than, OUAT.

'Under The Dome' trounced OUAT when that started in August with 2.7 million viewers for the prem, a low of 1.66 million and a rough average of 1.85 million per episode. And that has been heavily downloaded.

Downloading does count count for hundreds of thousands of viewers. Also, as has already been mentioned, OnDemand viewers aren't counted in these figures, I believe.
    OUAT simply did not get the following Ch5 thought it would get for the outlay.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its still silly not having OUAT on they are trying to stop pirates but this will just make more watch on line.
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Use unblock-us and watch it on abcs website :D
    After 6th January they'll make you pay if you want to watch during the week after they're broadcast (as will Hulu) - http://abc-onceupon.livejournal.com/588160.html - of course waiting a week to watch is still better than not seeing them at all.

Interestingly, the article also says that OUaT will be available on Amazon Instant Video, so it may be that if Amazon have the rights in the US to ABC shows, Lovefilm Instant might get the rights over here now that Channel 5 have lost them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interestingly, the article also says that OUaT will be available on Amazon Instant Video, so it may be that if Amazon have the rights in the US to ABC shows, Lovefilm Instant might get the rights over here now that Channel 5 have lost them?

Not necessarily. We're a different territory and lovefilm uk are a separate entity to amazon us.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Not necessarily. We're a different territory and lovefilm uk are a separate entity to amazon us.

That's true but don't LoveFilm have an ABC agreement?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    That's true but don't LoveFilm have an ABC agreement?

I don't know. What I do know is that when I had both LoveFilm and Netflix UK at the same time, ABC content was on both. Admittedly that was about 6 or so months ago.

Last time I accessed Netflix US they had all the OUAT content but, again, that was 6-8 months ago.

ETA: after a quick Google it seems LoveFilm's deal with ABC is non-exclusive and was done January 2012. I've definitely seen ABC content on Netflix UK since then.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    After 6th January they'll make you pay if you want to watch during the week after they're broadcast (as will Hulu) - http://abc-onceupon.livejournal.com/588160.html - of course waiting a week to watch is still better than not seeing them at all.

Well as long as I can still watch on abc.com then it makes no difference to me if it's a week behind.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is very disappointing news

how on earth am I going to find out if they "save Henry" :o:p:D
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the same has happened to Agents of SHIELD dropped on Channel 4

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928099

Though is coming back later on E4 unlike OUAT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the same has happened to Agents of SHIELD dropped on Channel 4

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928099

Though is coming back later on E4 unlike OUAT.
    Nope, Agents of SHIELD hasn't been dropped by Channel 4,
    they are waiting several weeks before airing the second half of season 2 to avoid repeats.

The airings on e4 are repeats starting from the first episode.

Shield will be back on Channel 4.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    And, according to DigiGuide it's not on E4 on Sunday at 10pm either.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Well it seems another popular show has been axed by Channel 5, according to DS The Walking Dead has got the chop too.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a546260/the-walking-dead-dropped-by-channel-5.html?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=fbdsuk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Well it seems another popular show has been axed by Channel 5, according to DS The Walking Dead has got the chop too.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a546260/the-walking-dead-dropped-by-channel-5.html?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=fbdsuk

Hmm, looking at the figs only 229k viewed the Season 3 prem but the last 2 eps got 398k and 386k... pretty poor... They were getting around a million on Fox with a low of 820k, from what I can see on a quick scan...
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I've heard a lot of people say that S3 is the best so far. :(
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of people say that S3 is the best so far. :(

Season Three has been, the slightly over-long Neverland story arc not withstanding, absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched this programme from the very start and although for the most part I do enjoy it, I have to say it's become highly frustrating to watch. It's like chewing water. A lot of effort for very little substance.

So many disappointing cliffhangers which turn out to be all a load of hot air. Every episode gives you the impression that the story is progressing but in reality it's going nowhere and the pace is so slow you could condense half the series into a 2 hour special if you lose all the pointless padding out.

I'd sit through an hours episode feeling like the story hadn't actuallly really progressed any further. The whole season just seems very drawn out and rather like dangling the proverbial carrot it's full of promises which don't seem to deliver on the next episode. By the middle of season 2 I was getting a bit fed up and it felt more like pulling teeth.

One of the reasons I don't enjoy watching American programmes like this is because they seem to just go on forever dragging it out to yet another season until people get bored and it dies a death and ends up getting axed before actually reaching any kind of conclusion to the story.