Options

BBC apologises for Rita Ora’s boobs after The One Show interview.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are they gonna apologize for the programme, The One Show???

Exactly!! Alex Jones is right up there, along with Christine Bleakley, as one of the worst presenters ever. She's awful. And that's being generous.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    She looked fine.

Like most celebs of today she seems void of any personality and charm. For me that would warrant more of a complaint.
  • Options
    SpyInsiderSpyInsider Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looked fine.

Like most celebs of today she seems void of any personality and charm. For me that would warrant more of a complaint.

Agreed. I didn't think she did anything wrong either :)
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That outfit definitely wasn't Puritanically Correct.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    Exactly!! Alex Jones is right up there, along with Christine Bleakley, as one of the worst presenters ever. She's awful. And that's being generous.

You are indeed, more than generous.

That woman has the most irritating, grating voice on TV. Nails scraping on a blackboard are positively melodious compared with her speaking.

If, inadvertently, we have not changed channels before she starts wittering pointlessly there is a mad rush to grab the remote and switch to anything, just anything else.

Why is it that the One Show seems to have cornered the market in such irritating presenters. When the potato Chiles was on it was bad enough but now ...

Pity because there are sometimes potentially interesting guests, although it is impossible to enjoy them with the incessant bleating from the main presenter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She looked a bit odd wearing that outfit while the men were all suited & booted & buttoned-up. It looked like she forgot her top.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, has Mary Whitehouse been reincarnated? Pathetic to complain and equally pathetic to issue an apology. This is 2015, not 1915.
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!

Who on earth thought an apology was required? Was the duty officers phone glowing? Was twitter aghast? Or have the BBC reaches such a nadir that they now feel the need to pre-empt any possible upset no matter how manufactured by which ever idiot or the Daily Mail

In a cynical mood today. I'd say the BBC have issued this apology to create a scandal that didn't exist in the first place to gather column inches (in the newspaper sense) because they know that somewhere in all the outrage the articles will contain the valuable phrase "Rita, 24, is a judge on The Voice - which starts this Saturday on BBC One"
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    400 saddos who need to get a life

And to think it's going to get much worse with a certain show starting tonight on Channel 5
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly wouldn't complain but I did think that the outfit was inappropriate for a programme going out at 7pm. Plus I thought it made her look cheap and tacky
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catkins198 wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't complain but I did think that the outfit was inappropriate for a programme going out at 7pm. Plus I thought it made her look cheap and tacky

Why did she look cheap and tacky? It's only cleavage.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That woman has the most irritating, grating voice on TV. Nails scraping on a blackboard are positively melodious compared with her speaking.

I think Alex Jones has a very nice voice, Welsh voices are always good to listen to.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »

When Alex Jones is away, the replacement presenter is always far better than Jones.. so what do the BBC do.. they keeps Jones. :confused:
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And there was me thinking we were living in 2015. My mistake.

Woman wears clothes. Woman has breasts. Hold the front page. Have either of these things ever happened before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I think Alex Jones has a very nice voice, Welsh voices are always good to listen to.

I have a number of Welsh friends and their voices are pleasant and easy to listen to and could even charm the birds from the trees.

She, on the other hand, in addition to being singularly untalented, is grating and irritating, and could act as a very efficient bird scarer!

Even my Welsh friends agree on that point.
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No apology necessary, the girl has a great body.

I wonder how many of the complaints were from less attractive, jealous women?
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Why is it that the One Show seems to have cornered the market in such irritating presenters. When the potato Chiles was on it was bad enough but now ...

It seems to have 'we must have a regional accent presenting' directive.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No apology necessary, the girl has a great body.

I wonder how many of the complaints were from less attractive, jealous women?

Well that helps doesn't it, how about it doesn't matter... it's only a bit of skin? You silly sausage!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    It seems to have 'we must have a regional accent presenting' directive.

Nothing wrong with regional accents, we all have them in one form or another.

The problem is when a 'regional accent' is combined with a lack of talent or charisma.
  • Options
    SpyInsiderSpyInsider Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    400 saddos who need to get a life

And to think it's going to get much worse with a certain show starting tonight on Channel 5

Defo. Bring it on, i say! haha
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, has Mary Whitehouse been reincarnated? Pathetic to complain and equally pathetic to issue an apology. This is 2015, not 1915.

For the issuing of an unwarranted apology, blame the rabid complainers egged on by sections of the media and some MPs (who should really have more important things to think about). For it is they who have created this situation.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    In a cynical mood today. I'd say the BBC have issued this apology to create a scandal that didn't exist in the first place to gather column inches (in the newspaper sense) because they know that somewhere in all the outrage the articles will contain the valuable phrase "Rita, 24, is a judge on The Voice - which starts this Saturday on BBC One"

However, the apology came after the complaints, no complaints = no apology.

So, in a cynical frame of mind, it is those who complained who have created the publicity.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any people who get so easily offended, really ought to consider moving to Libya or Saudi Arabia.

p.s. I really can't see why people have all this hate for Alex Jones. What exactly is it that she's done wrong?
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    400 complaints...... 4.7 million viewers on Monday, by anyone's maths thats a very very very small percentage of people.

395 of them work for the Daily Mail

The BBC says the guests choose their clothes .So the 400 should complain to Rita.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "A number of" people need to get a life.