Options

My Kichen Rules Australia Season 6

Comments

• Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Eva & Debra can stay on the Christmas card list. I know they were in the same group as S & E but they are not being hyper critical of every mouthfull.

They seem lovely. Interesting that everyone else thinks they're being dishonest because they were in the same group...

I do feel sorry for the teams sometimes. 'Keep it simple' - 'It's too simple'. It must be really confusing.
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guest teams score 31

Judges
    Entree
    Pete 7
    Manu 7

Main
    Pete 6
    Manu 6

Dessert
    Pete 4
    Manu 5

Total 66 and safe. Helped a bit by the slightly over generous marks from E & D
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, I LIKE Sheri and Emilie. They seem really lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Aww, I LIKE Sheri and Emilie. They seem really lovely.
    They do and as we can't taste the food, that counts for a lot as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not how you make puff pastry! Rough puff would have been better if she was trying to save time.

I think most of the ladies around the table are better looking than the pretty girls. Especially when Nikki has her resting bitch face on.

I'm no Estée Lauder, but Annie really needs a lesson in make up and colouring - with a special emphasis on blending.

Goes and sits on naughty step - but I've needed to say it since the first round :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do and as we can't taste the food, that counts for a lot as far as I'm concerned.

I hope they reciprocate with the marking on Eva and Debra's night.
    aggs wrote: »
    I'm no Estée Lauder, but Annie really needs a lesson in make up and colouring - with a special emphasis on blending.

Goes and sits on naughty step - but I've needed to say it since the first round :blush:

It's very china doll, isn't it?

I hope she and LLoyd get through though - never thought I'd say that. Kat and Andre or Katie and Nikki can go, not sure which I dislike most yet.

Judgemental, me? Never. :p
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I don't find them that special, I have to say. They're attractive, but in a very generic, standard way, in my opinion. I think Sheri and Emilie are much prettier, facially.

Katie has quite an ugly face imho and I noticed she had quite a fat arse during their first instant restaurant. Her claims of being a model seem highly suspect to me.

Sheri and Emilie are definitely prettier.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Crying with laughter at Kat earnestly saying " I just hope that doesn't transpire into unfair judging" comment. Oh the irony.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Katie has quite an ugly face imho and I noticed she had quite a fat arse during their first instant restaurant. Her claims of being a model seem highly suspect to me.

Sheri and Emilie are definitely prettier.
    Much more - Pleased they are on top, but I thought it was going to be closer, with that pastry and the dessert on a cheese board - and calling the 'models' a threat - if they were, they wouldn't be in this redemption group.
    cika wrote: »
    That three hours went quickly! With no clips of everyone complaining.

ETA: Well then you don't have a pie, do you, because at best you've made rough puff not puff.
    That Lamb went in 9 minutes before the teams arrived, it seemed - how late were they.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Much more - Pleased they are on top, but I thought it was going to be closer, with that pastry and the dessert on a cheese board - and calling the 'models' a threat - if they were, they wouldn't be in this redemption group.

That Lamb went in 9 minutes before the teams arrived, it seemed - how late were they.:confused:

I think that there is a huge time allowance between courses anyway - you often seen couples baking cakes for dessert after the main has been served - most likely to factor in the filming and bits to camera, so how long they have to wait for when it's 'late' is anyone's guess! :o

To be fair, one of the still to cook teams has to be a threat 'cos one of them is going to score the highest IR score yet! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening.

I can't see that lemon curd thickening enough as it cools. It looked far too runny to me. At least they started cooking on time.

I'm intrigued by what revelation is going to shock the other guests.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that there is a huge time allowance between courses anyway - you often seen couples baking cakes for dessert after the main has been served - most likely to factor in the filming and bits to camera, so how long they have to wait for when it's 'late' is anyone's guess! :o

To be fair, one of the still to cook teams has to be a threat 'cos one of them is going to score the highest IR score yet! :D

Evening.

I imagine that everything has to be reset for the cameras between courses so I'm sure you're right and there must be quite a gap even when teams are well organised. But they did say the lamb had had three hours and that's a huge delay. Usually you see people round the table getting restless or whinging. I was curious why it went unmentioned this time.

That lemon curd is a bit dodgy - it should thicken on the stove, it's not likely to thicken much in the fridge. Could be why they spent time in that poorly advertised supermarket telling us how many lemons they'd bought!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening.

I can't see that lemon curd thickening enough as it cools. It looked far too runny to me. At least they started cooking on time.

I'm intrigued by what revelation is going to shock the other guests.

Great minds! :D

Kat does realise everyone is going to remember what she said when it's her and Andre's turn, doesn't she? What an idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the big revelation was the rest of the table finding out what a lovely person Kat is. At least they now know what they're dealing with.

Butternut ;-) squash ravioli is a hit then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great minds! :D

Kat does realise everyone is going to remember what she said when it's her and Andre's turn, doesn't she? What an idiot.
    It was my job to make the lemon curd when I was a child, so I have experience :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was my job to make the lemon curd when I was a child, so I have experience :D

A precocious lemon curd maker! I've made a fair amount - I always preferred it to jam. its so much nicer home made - lovely and sharp and now I'm making my mouth water!

So, tonight were told it's taking a long time when it can't be longer than last night's lamb, surely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuk, yuk, yuk! Gawd that pork looks horrible. Is there any flesh under all the fat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A precocious lemon curd maker! I've made a fair amount - I always preferred it to jam. its so much nicer home made - lovely and sharp and now I'm making my mouth water!

So, tonight were told it's taking a long time when it can't be longer than last night's lamb, surely.
    It's odd, isn't it? We know how long the lamb was in for last night but nothing was said :confused:

Pulled pork now, I think that was a very wise decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic rescue job! Mark that down Kat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's odd, isn't it? We know how long the lamb was in for last night but nothing was said :confused:

Pulled pork now, I think that was a very wise decision.

It's another thing on my list of things I'd like to know :D

How long is normal between courses and when does it become too long :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I keep trying to spot a clock on the cooker or the wall but production haven't slipped up yet :(:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Enquiring minds demand to know!! :D

I'm not going looking while this series is still on but surely someone must have kissed and told after they'd been on the show. Some MCA contestants have.

ETA: yes Nikki, you're the only people ever to have made marscapone ice cream. Is a flavour known only to ex models.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell about the men but is anyone wearing a watch?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell about the men but is anyone wearing a watch?

I can't see any.

So pleased for them. Nikki looked as if she'd just bitten one of their lemons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guest teams score 41 :o

Judges
    Entree
    Pete 9
    Manu 9

Main
    Pete 10
    Manu 9

Dessert
    Pete 7
    Manu 7

Total 92.........wow but no comment about the highest score so someone is going to do even better!