Options

Ronnie Wood Ends Relationship With Young Lover

Comments

• Options
    yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo Wood is the most desperate fame hungry wannabe ever. He is good to be rid of that old trollop
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    yag wrote: »
    Jo Wood is the most desperate fame hungry wannabe ever. He is good to be rid of that old trollop

I think you'll find that's Ronnie's 'girlfriend'. :rolleyes:

Jo was married to him for over 20 years before he started going through the male menopause and decided to make a fool of himself by going off with a girl young enough to be his granddaughter. She's hardly 'fame hungry'.

And what reason do you have to label Jo a 'trollop'? That's an insult that's usually reserved for women who put it about a bit - something I've never heard of Jo Wood doing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jo was married to him for over 20 years before he started going through the male menopause and decided to make a fool of himself by going off with a girl young enough to be his granddaughter. She's hardly 'fame hungry'.

And what reason do you have to label Jo a 'trollop'? That's an insult that's usually reserved for women who put it about a bit - something I've never heard of Jo Wood doing.

Light blue touch paper and retire?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jo Wood turns up to everything, appears on SCD, and pretends to be friends with other celebs 30 yrs younger than her. Pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jo Wood turns up to everything, appears on SCD, and pretends to be friends with other celebs 30 yrs younger than her. Pathetic.

She's heightening her profile, just like the rest of them on SCD.

I'd imagine being left for a slip of a girl has made her ego feel pretty bruised, so why not go on SCD to give it a lift?
    As for her being 'friends with celebs 30 years her junior', so what? It's not hurting you. :rolleyes:
    And where does she 'turn up to everything'? As far as I can see she's no worse than many other celebs.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    No he hasn't............They are back together again. I think we would call it a lovers tiff!!!!
  • Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll make a fortune from the divorce just like Heather Mills.

I think she's earned it after twenty three years of marriage and two (now adult) children. She's been through hell for those years trying to deal with Ronnie's alcoholism. She went on tour with the Stones to look after Ronnie for years, cooking for him in hotel rooms all over the world as he seemed pretty much incapable of looking after himself.

She's not just hung off his shirt tails either, she has developed her own organics range which has been pretty successful.

A woman more unlike Heather Mills you will not meet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    notfussy wrote: »
    I think she's earned it after twenty three years of marriage and two (now adult) children. She's been through hell for those years trying to deal with Ronnie's alcoholism. She went on tour with the Stones to look after Ronnie for years, cooking for him in hotel rooms all over the world as he seemed pretty much incapable of looking after himself.

She's not just hung off his shirt tails either, she has developed her own organics range which has been pretty successful.

Amen to that! :)
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I think they will get back together again. Jo doesnt need / want him anymore. His whole family has disowned him, and the nation thinks he is a joke.

At least with his girlfriend he had someone who needed him. Im sure he will go creeping back, and she will readily accept him as he is her claim to fame / money and security.

Its awful being right all the time :D:D
  • Options
    fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    notfussy wrote: »

probably funded with his cash. raising your children doesn't entitle you to a fortune upon divorce. thats just ridiculous, everyone does that level of work, its nothing exceptional. imagine if it were swapped around. you wouldn't be saying the same things at all. she was richly rewarded living in luxury keeping her gravy train flowing was in her best interest. no amount of good wifing entitles you to half of someone elses work when you are divorcing each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frasera wrote: »
    probably funded with his cash. raising your children doesn't entitle you to a fortune upon divorce. thats just ridiculous, everyone does that level of work, its nothing exceptional. imagine if it were swapped around. you wouldn't be saying the same things at all. she was richly rewarded living in luxury keeping her gravy train flowing was in her best interest. no amount of good wifing entitles you to half of someone elses work when you are divorcing each other.

I still firmly believe the man would be dead now if Jo hadn't toured with him. The level of alcoholism is huge, the potential to choke on his own vomit.... she looked after him, kept him safe through the drugs and alcohol binges.

That's above and beyond the call of duty. He wouldn't have been able to work as he did and earn as he did without Jo by his side.

Actually, if the roles were reversed - a female of a certain age who ditched her long standing husband who had gone above and beyond the call of duty to keep that woman alive and able to function and to work then too damn right I'd say he was entitled to a decent settlement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and the huge turnover of Jo Wood Organics range was absolutely nothing to do with Ronnie. A line she developed herself with no input from him.

The money she earned as a model.....

I'd say she had her own earning potential that she had to put on hold to care for an exceptionally demanding husband. She lost earnings for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's heightening her profile, just like the rest of them on SCD.

I'd imagine being left for a slip of a girl has made her ego feel pretty bruised, so why not go on SCD to give it a lift?
    As for her being 'friends with celebs 30 years her junior', so what? It's not hurting you. :rolleyes:
    And where does she 'turn up to everything'? As far as I can see she's no worse than many other celebs.

I could say that about any of the celeb stories. So what, it is not hurting us so why do we care???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frasera wrote: »

I am assuming you are not a divorce lawyer or haven't read any news reports of divorce settlements involving celebrities and the super rich?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could say that about any of the celeb stories. So what, it is not hurting us so why do we care???

I'm commenting on your remarks as the level of venom and misogyny you project, especially on women of a certain age and/or weight is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know she is pretending? :confused:
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mindbear wrote: »
    How old will your husband be by the time your child is twenty?

He'll be 76 and unlike fathers of my own age, he spends all his time with his daughter. Unlike our daughters friends whose fathers are all working and not spending time at home or rather be in the pub getting pi55ed, or chatting up some tart, he's with her. He's not a negligent father, very much a doting father who loves his daughter to pieces and encourages her to do her best and never mind what others think. Her friends think her Dad is cool :cool::)
    I could show you a picture of my hubby, but you wouldn't believe he's 3 years away from his 70th birthday. No wrinkles, big strong arms, a fine muscular chest.
  • Options
    NicoNico Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll be 76 and unlike fathers of my own age, he spends all his time with his daughter. Unlike our daughters friends whose fathers are all working and not spending time at home or rather be in the pub getting pi55ed, or chatting up some tart, he's with her. He's not a negligent father, very much a doting father who loves his daughter to pieces and encourages her to do her best and never mind what others think. Her friends think her Dad is cool :cool::)
    I could show you a picture of my hubby, but you wouldn't believe he's 3 years away from his 70th birthday. No wrinkles, big strong arms, a fine muscular chest.

hmmmmmmmmm so a dad that is working, probably to provide for his family, is something negative?
    just because your husband is at pension age so has time to devote to your child, don't be so dismissive of other fathers of working age, actually WORKING.

oh and you know for a FACT that the other fathers are in pubs chatting up tarts?

why are you getting so defensive?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm commenting on your remarks as the level of venom and misogyny you project, especially on women of a certain age and/or weight is ridiculous.

He does it all the time. His comments are intended to bait and wind women up, he's best ignored. Replying to him is just giving him the response he wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He does it all the time. His comments are intended to bait and wind women up, he's best ignored. Replying to him is just giving him the response he wants.

Oh, I know Rose.

I normally ignore him, but that remark was below the belt and merited a response! ;)
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nico wrote: »
    hmmmmmmmmm so a dad that is working, probably to provide for his family, is something negative?
    just because your husband is at pension age so has time to devote to your child, don't be so dismissive of other fathers of working age, actually WORKING.

oh and you know for a FACT that the other fathers are in pubs chatting up tarts?

why are you getting so defensive?

I have yet to see a man of my age spend time with his children let alone hold down a full-time job (that's why I never dated a guy my age cause they bore the crap out of me). And yes I do know for a fact, and you have no idea how many times these married men have begged me and my hubby not to say anything to their wives. Men of my age working? Pah! Check the pubs!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have yet to see a man of my age spend time with his children let alone hold down a full-time job (that's why I never dated a guy my age cause they bore the crap out of me). And yes I do know for a fact, and you have no idea how many times these married men have begged me and my hubby not to say anything to their wives. Men of my age working? Pah! Check the pubs!:rolleyes:

Being married to an older man myself I can relate to your posts, but to assert men of your own age are unfaithful and/or not working is ridiculous.
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    There's no fool like an old fool!:rolleyes:

All these old geezers really think that these young girls have fallen in love with them. I'm losing count of the men I know in our area who have got Thai brides and russian women and they clean them out and they don't see them for dust. I know a rich farmer, a teacher, an engineer, an IT consultant .... they've all fallen for it. Thing is they just won't listen to their friends and family so it's hard luck really.
    sofakat wrote: »
    ..as an old man with a vast ego and a bit of dosh.

He looks like an animated carcass and has all the sex appeal of a dried up prune.

Yeah, 'course she loves you for your genius, you ****.

Men are so silly :D:D:D

And some women appear to be as sexist as they accuse men of being - perhaps "some women are so silly" as well. Would it be just as cruel for me to describe Jo Wood's physical appearance in the way some FMs have described Ronnie Wood's? (I hold no brief for either of them by the way) It's just my personal opinion, but if we must drag looks into the debate then, behind the slap, I don't think she's aged as well as her cheerleaders suggest - she's no Honor Blackman or Andie McDowell, for example.

I don't suppose it occurs to either of you, that far from deluding themselves, these sorts of men know exactly what the score is? In other words that their status and money is a major part of their attraction? In some cases they might consciously be aware and not care, or may know deep down and choose to ignore it - in the way that people knowingly delude themselves about a million and one other things in life, without attracting the same opprobrium that has been heaped on these men.

After all, beneath the veneer of the relatively modern conceit that long-term relationships are about "soul mates" or "romantic love", or whatnot, in most cases they are essentially transactions - at least on some level. The equation is pretty simple really - On one hand status of beauty is important to a lot of men and on the other, financial and social status is important to a lot of women.

If the glue that keeps such couples together is something more earthbound than "love", then as long as it works for them, who really gives a t*ss? After all, relationships built solely on "love" and the like seem to have a pretty poor track record if you ask me.

Before irate FMs wilfully misinterpret my argument, I am NOT saying that all women want a rich man above all else - but to some degree such things are usually important to a woman in a way they are not to a man. Few men care if a potential girlfriend will be a "good provider" or not. I have never heard any of my friends even briefly touch upon the solvency or otherwise of women they're interested in - I'd probably find it a bit weird if they did.

There's nothing wrong with this at all. The idea that it is wrong for a woman to want a man for his money - or more precisely the material benefits he can bring to the party - and a man to want a woman for her physical charms, is a modern conceit, as I said before. For most of human history marriage/partnerships were a much more overtly pragmatic transaction than they are today. In fact you could argue that the men being criticised are behaving more "normally", in the sense of acting in accordance with the bulk of tradition, than those looking for a soulmate with whom they can tiptoe through the tulips.

I was watching a Chris Rock concert a while back, in which one of the routines was something along the lines of how men have to be able to bring home the bacon, because if they suddenly become poor, the wife who said she'd be there through thick and thin will suddenly disappear.

The women in the audience absolutely roared with laughter - they say the best comedy has an element of truth, don't they?
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mindbear wrote: »
    The thought of them together makes me feel absolutely sick. Girls her age seem like kids to me, and I'm half Ronnies age!

But that's your issue surely? If you feel that way, then no-one's forcing you to date much younger girls. If there's no exploitation involved, in the sense of one side manipulating the other against their best interests, then what business is it of yours or anyone else's?

I'm not completely unsympathetic - I once developed an intense, perplexing and deeply distressing crush on someone 25 years younger (who was clearly interested in me, I hasten to add). I avoided her like the plague from that moment on, because of the shame I felt.

It wasn't for me, but I wouldn't dare judge anyone else's relationship and say that it was wrong, simply because it doesn't match my image of what a relationship should be like. As with any two people, surely what's important are the motivations of the individuals involved and the dynamics of the relationship itself?

You never know, it might happen to you one day. Before it happened to me I felt exactly as you do. I never thought I'd find myself in that situation in a million years - and I hope I never do again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    She'll make a fortune from the divorce just like Heather Mills.

Don't forget the 25 million divorce settlement from Phil Collins to his third wife. Rumour has it Mr Collins' current girlfriend is no better than her.